Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R || 2021 Hellayella Rubicon JLU
2004 ...4.9 sec

In 16 years

500 hp > 702 hp
525 lb-ft > 650 lb-ft

and it’s 0.4 sec faster?

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/fastest-dodge-ram-ever-produced/

AND you could get the 2004 in a manual (Viper transmission), will this be available with a manual? I have my doubts.

granted, SRT10 was Viper V10, 8.3L, but hey, it was also 16 years ago....

Sponsored

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
It also depends on the driver, test method, barometric pressure, altitude, temperature, humidity, etc. I've seen different media test the same model and get vastly different results.

I'm also betting the TRX is heavier, as well.

Many years ago, one of the big car magazines tested a Corvette and I think they got something like 0.94 lateral g's on the skidpad. That was the best that any of their test drivers could manage. They brought 4 time Indy 500 winner, Al Unser, Sr. in to test the same exact car and he achieved over 1 lateral g.....on his first attempt!

Yes, the driver makes a difference!

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I wonder how these shops that specialize in doing the Hemi conversion will be able to stay in business if they make a 6.4 hemi Jeep. I stopped into a shop on Friday and the bill was almost $65,000 by the time they were done. I am thinking the factory one can be had for the price of the conversion. Granted the conversion came with 1 ton axles, a lift and hydro steer, but it is not factory with the same kind of warrenty.

On a side note, we drove a Hell Cat wrangler on 1 tons and 40s. I thing it would have spun the tires at 30 mph if pushed to do so. It was an awesome test drive.
I actually don't think those builds are as profitable as the smaller stuff in many cases (but attract the shop great attention). So I'm not sure it will really matter if that business goes away or not. They will still be doing crazy builds, it just might not involve engine swaps. It really does depend on how custom everything gets... but the custom builds take up a lot of time/space at the shop.

Believe it or not $65,000 is actually a pretty average bill these days from what I've seen for these types of builds... which is pretty crazy.

Last edited:

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I actually don't think those builds are as profitable as the smaller stuff in many cases (but attract the shop great attention). So I'm not sure it will really matter if that business goes away or not. They will still be doing crazy builds, it just might not involve engine swaps. It really does depend on how custom everything gets... but the custom builds take up a lot of time/space at the shop.

Believe it or not $65,000 is actually a pretty average bill these days from what I've seen for these types of builds... which is pretty crazy.
They were building 300,000 to 400,000 dollar Jeeps in Americas Most Wanted 4x4 shop. They will still have work. They even were putting the Hellephant motors in JLs and gladiators.

The Hellcat build was closer to 90,000 dollars.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
They were building 300,000 to 400,000 dollar Jeeps in Americas Most Wanted 4x4 shop. They will still have work. They even were putting the Hellephant motors in JLs and gladiators.

The Hellcat build was closer to 90,000 dollars.
Crazy right! Had a few Jeeps go through recently at a local friend's shop in that price range XD. IMO that hellephant won't be very practical though if you want to daily it. Lots of trade offs. Probably have under 100 miles of fuel range, intake temps of > 150, list goes on.

Haven't driven a hellcat swap yet. My JK on flex fuel made 1100+ horse... but I wouldn't drive it in summer. Not to mention full E85 isn't practical anyway due to the fuel requirements. Limited on gas capacity just due to the nature of it being a two door.

Last edited:

Sponsored

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
2004 ...4.9 sec

In 16 years

500 hp > 702 hp
525 lb-ft > 650 lb-ft

and it’s 0.4 sec faster?

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/fastest-dodge-ram-ever-produced/

AND you could get the 2004 in a manual (Viper transmission), will this be available with a manual? I have my doubts.

granted, SRT10 was Viper V10, 8.3L, but hey, it was also 16 years ago....

This is RAM's response to Ford's Raptor...AND it destroys the Raptor. Period.
Raptors are good trucks, I have owned three of them but RAM has raised the bar...

I know that you are a Ford Fan Boy, also a moderator on the Bronco site...My question is are you a paid troll or just a troll?

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
Reservations what a joke! That is like screwing fans for PSLs.

If Mopar tried that crap on any car, people would go ballistic.

So one reserves a Bronco, they go down to the dealer for 2022 full size Bronco or whatever.
The sales guys says oh you have a Reservation, great we are charging MSRP and 10K demand charge.

Customer, F-ck that, I will go buy a Jeep and give me my damn reservation 100$ back with interest please!

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Reservations what a joke! That is like screwing fans for PSLs.

If Mopar tried that crap on any car, people would go ballistic.

So one reserves a Bronco, they go down to the dealer for 2022 full size Bronco or whatever.
The sales guys says oh you have a Reservation, great we are charging MSRP and 10K demand charge.

Customer, F-ck that, I will go buy a Jeep and give me my damn reservation 100$ back with interest please!
The reservations were a marketing stunt, and a very good one. I think you are right, too. It takes any incentive to deal out of the equation. Still, from Ford's perspective, it gave them another marketing bonanza, which is really what it was designed to do. Ford's not dumb. Besides that, having so many with a reservation lowers the expectation of a deal. I think they won't say F-that, but rather, Ok....then fork over the $$$.

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
Those reservations are all Ford people, that demand will evaporate as people buy other makes, look at this forum, people dont even want to wait 8 weeks for a order, do you think people are going to wait another 18 months before Ford can ramp up production and you know they are going to screw everyone for the first 6-12 months. They wont even be build pre-builds for another 8 months.

I say good luck if you like Fords and want a Bronco, but the ballwashing poppycock of how great the Bronco is, is getting stale on this board. People who are pro-Bronco need to migrate to a Ford forum.