Sponsored

TCS1666

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 GMC Sierra Denali - 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 (ordered) - 2017 GMC Acadia Denali (sold)

Jeeperob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R || 2021 Hellayella Rubicon JLU
Not really, even Ford was/is asking $500 for reservations for the Mustang Mach-E. Other companies have often asked for $1000 deposit / reservations for upcoming speciality models. Heck even years ago when I was in the automotive business, Mercedes would ask $1000 reservation for specialty new models...
Point I was making is the '$100 reservation deposit' was primarily a marketing move...
I see. Well, I guess time will tell if that crazy high number of 230,000 is all marketing or will they follow through.

I know people here are diehard Jeep fans but don’t forget Ford has many many fans as well, and I would say a good portion of those Ford fans probably made those reservations. So will they be cancelled? Maybe a few, but I don’t think there will be as many cancellations as you think.

900,000 F150 per year. Quite a few reservations are prev Ford owners, loyal to the brand like most here are loyal to Jeep.

Look how much some crazies were paying to get a GT350R!! It was insane. 50% ADM! ...I was not one of those people.

Jeeperob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R || 2021 Hellayella Rubicon JLU

Lapis

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon Ocean Blue
isn’t that the same Jeep? I didn’t read the whole article. But it has the same bumper stickers on the rear window...
Only one of the 5 images there was the new one, they just shoved a bunch of the old images into the article. The new one has a different plate, different stickers on the back window, and most interesting, the 3 piece hard top

TCS1666

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 GMC Sierra Denali - 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 (ordered) - 2017 GMC Acadia Denali (sold)
Only one of the 5 images there was the new one, they just shoved a bunch of the old images into the article. The new one has a different plate, different stickers on the back window, and most interesting, the 3 piece hard top
Correct, only the picture of the muddy jeep is new. It is the only one I’ve seen with the three-piece top. Even the two white ones spotted a couple days ago had the sky one touch. That should end the thought of the sky one touch being a requirement!

Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Correct, only the picture of the muddy jeep is new. It is the only one I’ve seen with the three-piece top. Even the two white ones spotted a couple days ago had the sky one touch. That should end the thought of the sky one touch being a requirement!
Anyone who thought that the sky one touch would be required with the Hemi was an idiot.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link

corrh

First Name
peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler sport
Little known fact, the speedometer on a 392 Wrangler also starts from 0. So presumably you don't need to kill yourself just because you can. I mean our Jeeps are faster now than they were before, does it mean more accidents?

Calm down.
Take it easy yourself there Francis. Was just making conversation, no need to start with the snarky sermon. I get it, you can drive safely even with a big engine - thanks champ.

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
OK, read the article. Looks like the same Jeep as last time but with different stickers. These pictures seem to be new (last ones I saw it was on a highway) so it looks like they're still testing this Jeep.

Also- if this truly is a production test mule, we now know that things shown on the concept (like the sky top) may be optional. I like this, and I wonder/ hope they don't make the AWD t-case mandatory on the V8 Wrangler like they did on most of the V8 Grand Cherokees back in the day. Would also be nice to have a normal interior as well. In fact, would be nice to have a normal looking Rubi, just with a 392 under the hood. Still curious of what they're going to do to keep the drivetrain alive behind that v8. Paying attention mostly for my own curiosity and aspirations of a V8 swap at some point.

I get the 392 was a concept, but all the talk of it coming as a package made it seem like it was going to be some sort of High dollar luxury model (special color, interior, Sky top, AWD- all the spendy options). Simply put: I wouldn't want any of that on a Jeep I ordered. Pretty much the only thing I liked about that concept was the V8 under the hood and the 37's.

Also, Maybe I'm the only person on the planet not interested in the half doors, or the whole "Turbo 6" idea. Just because it's optimal in on road scenarios and in other vehicles doesn't mean it's a fantastic idea for a Wrangler. Maybe the majority of people here don't take their Jeep off road- but most Wranglers will see off road duty at some point in their lifespan. I'd be worried about how the engine will survive in dusty, dirty conditions and mud/ water crossings, etc, and especially with people tuning them, trying to get more boost, etc. I've seen a few Turbo/ Super-charged V6 JK's come out of a trail on the wrong end of a strap thanks to malfunctions. Of course, I've had zero experience with turbo engines, so it could all be a moot point. If someone wants to educate me, I'm all ears because I am genuinely curious about this and how it would survive long term in an off road vehicle.

Tadek6

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2019 4dr Rubicon / 2015 Jeep GC SRT
You all don't know how lucky you are that you get to debate whether this WILL or WON'T make it to production......one thing I can guarantee is that it WON'T make it across the pond to the UK! :crying:

Last edited:

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I wonder how these shops that specialize in doing the Hemi conversion will be able to stay in business if they make a 6.4 hemi Jeep. I stopped into a shop on Friday and the bill was almost $65,000 by the time they were done. I am thinking the factory one can be had for the price of the conversion. Granted the conversion came with 1 ton axles, a lift and hydro steer, but it is not factory with the same kind of warrenty.

On a side note, we drove a Hell Cat wrangler on 1 tons and 40s. I thing it would have spun the tires at 30 mph if pushed to do so. It was an awesome test drive.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I wonder how these shops that specialize in doing the Hemi conversion will be able to stay in business if they make a 6.4 hemi Jeep. I stopped into a shop on Friday and the bill was almost $65,000 by the time they were done. I am thinking the factory one can be had for the price of the conversion. Granted the conversion came with 1 ton axles, a lift and hydro steer, but it is not factory with the same kind of warrenty.

On a side note, we drove a Hell Cat wrangler on 1 tons and 40s. I thing it would have spun the tires at 30 mph if pushed to do so. It was an awesome test drive.
I think the shops will build them to specs you can can't get with the factory offering to differentiate.

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
Exactly what I was thinking on all accounts. I said it before: There were shops doing Truck conversions for the longest time. Then they mysteriously kind of just... stopped- or maybe the demand just dropped off because exactly that- you can get a JT with factory fit and warranty now. Same question applies. Sure, there will always be shops willing to do some hot-rodding to a Wrangler for a premium price, and I'm sure many people will be looking to keep their Jeep for whatever reason and just have the V8 swap done for them. How will those shops be affected? Will they shift to selling parts and becoming "turnkey outfitters" like AEV sort of did a few years back? Or will they start doing crazier stuff? Will some completely disappear? Hard to say. Curious for sure.

I know for me, I'm paying very close attention to the drive train specs for this model/ option and how they're going to make it "idiot proof". With no major changes, this means most parts should be available from either the factory or wrecked donor vehicles and that could make a V8 swap to my Jeep cheaper/ easier because much of the "engineering" or relocating components will already be done or accounted for- just have to be executed. I'd also like to keep my Jeep a manual transmission IF I do a V8 conversion as well. If I do take on this project, I'd probably do most of the work myself. Plus, you know... sentimental value (I love it, my son loves it, first vehicle I've ever special ordered, etc). We shall see.

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I'm just waiting for a spy pic of half doors.... A man can dream!