Sponsored

sost1sg

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR; 2015 SRT Grand Cherokee
I'm not a safety nazi but I can't see the lawyers allowing this - 450hp in a 4wd JLUR or JLR on mud tires is arguably negligence in our litigious society.
@D60 - Nothing more yellow sun visor stickers couldn’t solve!! :LOL:

Would love to add a 392 wrangler alongside my SRT GC! I’m hoping this happens.
Sponsored

Reactions: VNT

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
I could tell you, but then....
Will the 392 be available in a 2 door??
I can’t even get a decent tonneau cover, set of steps, or many other relatively simple accessories for a two door. I doubt I’ll get a hemi for one.

TJJL19

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Unlimited Sport
We just spied the production version of the V8 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 Hemi out conducting its first public testing!

It was spotted near the R&D testing facilities in Auburn Hills, MI and bears stickers that try to make it seem like a regular owner's vehicle and regular Rubicon model. But, it has several features which give it away. First, it sports a similar ram-air scoop as that shown in the 392 Concept shown only a few days ago. Around back, the quad exhaust can't be missed! As for its Florida license plates, those are also often seen on the SRT and Hellcat test prototypes.

As announced days ago, the Wrangler Rubicon 392 Concept is a four-door model powered by the 6.4-liter HEMI V8 making a whopping 450 horsepower and 450 lb.-ft of torque and capable of a 0-60 mph in less than 5-seconds.

392 V8 Hemi Wrangler JL Jeep.jpg
392 V8 Hemi Wrangler JL Jeep 10.jpg
392 V8 Hemi Wrangler JL Jeep 9.jpg
392 V8 Hemi Wrangler JL Jeep 8.jpg
392 V8 Hemi Wrangler JL Jeep 7.jpg
392 V8 Hemi Wrangler JL Jeep 6.jpg
392 V8 Hemi Wrangler JL Jeep 5.jpg
392 V8 Hemi Wrangler JL Jeep 4.jpg
392 V8 Hemi Wrangler JL Jeep 3.jpg
392 V8 Hemi Wrangler JL Jeep 1.jpg

quad-exhaust-392-v8-hemi-wrangler-jl-jeep-1-jpg.jpg

quad-exhaust-392-v8-hemi-wrangler-jl-jeep-jpg.jpg
End the guessing,RUN THE TAG!

Trailnut

First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Chevy Colorado, '20 Jeep Willys
Occupation
Fire Marshal (Retired)
I'm digging that Cool Hood :like:

Kjc9003

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU in punk’n metalic
Exciting. Does it come standard with the 10 jerry can mounts so you can drive past a gas station?

Sponsored

Jeeperob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R || 2021 Hellayella Rubicon JLU
Here's a serious question (that no one will like):

Increasingly the public and a disturbing number of people on this very forum want Auto 4wd, blind spot monitoring, lane assist, back up cameras, etc....

Do we really want a public that can't drive, can't use mirrors and can't understand when to pull that t-case lever driving 450hp in a relatively high SUV with 35's or 37's? Seriously, the rollover risk alone is staggering if you think about it, and I guess they spec'd beadlocks just so there's less chance of Johnny Wannabe StreetRacer rolling those relatively huge sidewalls off when cornering with their foot to the wood...

450hp in a Mustang, Camaro or Charger is one thing - those vehicles are DRASTICALLY different (and thus inherently safer) in so many ways I'm not gonna waste 3 pages listing it all

I'm not a safety nazi but I can't see the lawyers allowing this - 450hp in a 4wd JLUR or JLR on mud tires is arguably negligence in our litigious society.

Sorry. I know- I suck, I'm an idiot, I'm wrong etc. Flame suit on but a little part of you thinks I might be right....
I want auto 4WD because Canada sucks at shoveling the streets when it snows and 1 second I'm on a seriously snow covered road and the next I'm not. It's simply that I'd be changing the gear t-case lever like it was a manual transmission. I dunno how Jeep did it for the Rubicon and it's probably not as strong t-case as one without Auto, but I wont be off-roading every day, so I'm okay with the compromised t-case.

Jeeperob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hmm...I'm not sure if I missed it in this thread (as it's 23 pages long), but whoever took these pictures. Did you happen to role the window down and actually hear a 6.4L hemi? It's clearly not gonna sound like a V6.

msdesignltd

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler Recon unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
The Real Question is....Can it out pull a tesla pick up in a Tug O War !

Sponsored

DizzyIzzy

First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 AEV JL370 - Hellayella JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Same old dinky brakes. Good luck stopping this beast.

The axle looks to be D44 from the pic of the rear.

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
If you guys are scared about gas milage, buy a Prius. Man up fellas.
Why does wanting poor gas "milage" and not wanting some modern creature comforts make you a man? Does your poor spelling make you a man? Because you misspelled mileage twice.

mjaga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sting Grey
Can you explain to me why you think itll be a huge cost for the V8? Im looking at the Grand Cherokee and its under 4k to upgrade from the 3.6 penstar to the 5.7 v8

Screenshot_20200722-222400_Chrome.jpg
I think they will be selling for well above MSRP. Whether dealer markup or just customer demand, I’m guessing it would MSRP around $60k but won’t be selling for less than $75k. I think the F150 Raptor is the same way. Just my guess.

Jeeperob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Real Question is....Can it out pull a tesla pick up in a Tug O War !
Who cares really. That Tesla is ridiculously ugly.
Sponsored