Sponsored

Blown7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Hellcat powered CJ7..... 2007 Jeep SRT8...2018 Trackhawk
If it isn't on Mopar Insiders it doesn't exist in the experimental world coming from FCA.

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
After some further thought, I personally find the 392 to be pointless. I initially thought it would be cool. I love fast cars and even love fast SUVs (see sig - my daily is a BMW X3M - look up the Car and Driver test for those that are not familiar). But all this will net Jeep is being the worst handling sub 5 second car in existence.

With this said, I may get one which, at the end of the day, proves that FCA may know what they're doing after all.
Let's hope... after all, you've been wrong before having bought not one but two BMWs :CWL:

Jokes side... about the handling right and wrong. There have been plenty of high powered solid axle SUVs before this. Also you don't need to drive a 392 Wrangler faster than you would drive anything that exists now. It will be quicker to the same speeds though and it will be smoother.

As for handling being bad... yes, when all people do is a V8 engine swap without adjusting the suspension to match. Since this is factory, it should handle ok. Look at the diesel Wrangler... it's heavier (and faster than the gas options) but haven't heard single person noticing worse handling.

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
Let's hope... after all, you've been wrong before having bought not one but two BMWs :CWL:
Hah! What makes me more wrong? That or two FCA products (I also have a 2017 Pacifica)?

Sponsored

aeonixx1001

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
Please offer with manual transmission
Oh it has got to have manual but the way emissions are getting I am sure a manual would be banned from Cal. I live in Az. I think this is due to Fords new Bronco. The Bronco is super nice, but it has an annoying 4 cylinder turbo power plant. Honestly no thanks. I just sold a Honda Si with the pretty much the same engine. They come out with a 492 and I am going to have to have one...Had a 74 with a 304 in it and Holy Cow hold on 4 speed

VKSheridan

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2 Dr Rubicon JL Hardtop
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Heavy Equipment
Vehicle Showcase
It’s interesting for sure but my only thought is if there is enough gas tank to let you get more than 100 miles from a pump. The little engines like their fuel and my Hellcat definitely LOVES its fuel......LOL

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
Oh it has got to have manual but the way emissions are getting I am sure a manual would be banned from Cal. I live in Az. I think this is due to Fords new Bronco. The Bronco is super nice, but it has an annoying 4 cylinder turbo power plant. Honestly no thanks. I just sold a Honda Si with the pretty much the same engine. They come out with a 492 and I am going to have to have one...Had a 74 with a 304 in it and Holy Cow hold on 4 speed
I wouldn’t dream about a manual. It’s not going to happen.

Sponsored

DaveNH

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
I just subscribed today, so I'm not positive, but it's probably this one.

https://traffic.libsyn.com/secure/truckshowpodcast/Ep_130_Bonus_comp_v2.mp3?dest-id=671427
Starting 1:16:30 in they begin to discuss the 392.

The one guy says that it was confirmed to him in November 2018 that this was going into production.

The Kuniskis quote was from April 2019.

November 2018.

April 2019.

I'm sure he just didn't know that the engineers had figured out the crash protection over 5 months before. After all, there's no difference between the Hellcat and the 392.

Revolution_322

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubi White
My predictions:
Will have a “Full time” 4 wheel drive tcase (which are not the best for hard off Road use) but hey maybe modern tech can fix that. Ive swapped at least 3 p247’s out of grand cherokees for the favorable 241.

Will only come with a certain interior/exterior pacakage similar to the Moab or Recon.

They will change wxhaust to a smaller one to account for larger fuel tank approx 5 gallons.

msrp will be well above 70k and possibly some into the 80’s depending on equip.

def wont have a manual

All final drive ratios will be raised to prevent breakage.

poss heart racing red seatbelts with contrast stitching

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
The future wife, if we can ever get married (3 wedding dates postponed now) just dropped a bit of a bomb shell on me. We were going to get her a new GC eventually but she said what if you get the "new one" and I take your Jeep. Now I can't get ordering a 392 out of my head.

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
The future wife, if we can ever get married (3 wedding dates postponed now) just dropped a bit of a bomb shell on me. We were going to get her a new GC eventually but she said what if you get the "new one" and I take your Jeep. Now I can't get ordering a 392 out of my head.
I have the same permission...but not if it’s 80k. id take a low optioned closer to $60k. More than that and I’ll just continue to enjoy my 3.6 and get a v8 car for the quick stuff.

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
I have the same permission...but not if it’s 80k. id take a low optioned closer to $60k. More than that and I’ll just continue to enjoy my 3.6 and get a v8 car for the quick stuff.
I've considered the same. Keeping the JLU and ordering a C8 Vette has crossed my mind.

With options these are going to be over 80k so I'm waiting to see the full pricing.
Sponsored