Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GCM 392 - 2019 SG JLUR
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
In NO way did I mean to infer that it would just be $1495...I was only pointing to the actual upgrade cost in another FCA 4x4 vehicle that going from a standard 3.6 V6 to a 5.7 Hemi was a modest $1495 and we might be pleasantly surprised when pricing is announced. If you look at the Recon package pricing vs adding the same options to a standard Rubicon, the Recon is a very good value...If you want all the options in the Recon package.
I would also think that FCA might just take into account a new upcoming competitor before getting too crazy with pricing...

Finally. Common sense.
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Best guess on tire size? They don't look like 37s.
They look like 35” at most.

My guess is 35” tires and 2” lift will come standard, with the ability to swap to 37” with no mods needed.

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
I'm certain that it won't get a manual. But could it with "off the shelf" parts? The transmission in the Challenger would not be a good idea for a 4x4. But Dodge used to have a heavy duty manual for their trucks. I'm fairly certain that there is a NV4500 that should be able to bolt in if I'm not mistaken. I don't have exact knowledge of this, but I thought I remembered that transmission being used behind the Hemi block before.

DaveNH

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
That's almost certainly the point. In the concept thread, I highlighted an uncommonly honest quote from the head of powertrains last year.

http://www.thedetroitbureau.com/2019/06/exclusive-fca-has-big-news-coming-in-electrification/

There’s still no clear indication consumers are demanding electrified products, said Bly, especially in the U.S., but the need to move forward, anyway, is driven by two words: “government compliance.”
Even a small number of electric/hybrid vehicles can make a not insignificant impact in CAFE fines.

Or offset another small volume, low fuel economy seller like an expensive 392, in terms of the fleet average.

DaveNH

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
Expect the Production announcement to be made Q3 this year. They said all their BS about not meeting crash test requirements, to not let the competition know about it.
Jeep never said anything about it not meeting crash requirements. Kuniskis was quoted in relation to the Hellcat.

Fans assumed it meant Hemis in general, and Jeep obviously didn't feel the need to correct those assumptions.

Sponsored

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I was only pointing to the actual upgrade cost in another FCA 4x4 vehicle that going from a standard 3.6 V6 to a 5.7 Hemi was a modest $1495 and we might be pleasantly surprised when pricing is announced.
It’s only cheap in the Ram because the pickup segment is so competitive.

The 5.7 is much more expensive in FCA’s other offerings:

Grand Cherokee: $3,395
Durango: $3,995

RenoMD

First Name
DC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL unlimited Rubicon
We might be getting rid of our JL for the Bronco at this rate..... @JeepCares should highly suggest to their supervisors and higher up that they need to publish something soon in regards to timeline and PRICE for the Hemi upgrade. Also availability for the JT gladiator which makes more sense to put the engine in than the JL in our opinion.

We will prob keep our JT for now, the JL....we'll see...

palumbum

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Renegade Sport
Excuse my ignorance, but how is it they claim under 5 seconds 0-60mph with all that weight from the large 37” mud terrain tires, steel bumpers, etc and on top of that 2inches higher on the larger axles? I feel like they’re already top heavy what’s stopping that much weight from flipping on the slightest turn?

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
I will keep my 3.6 with 6-speed. If I really want that much power and want to spend $70K+ I will just get a Cybertruck. I know they are not the same, but I would just keep the Jeep for real off-roading and the Cybertruck for mild off-roading and camping. If I need to go fast there is nothing a 392 hemi or Raptor Bronco is going to do but get smaller in the rear view mirror.

Sponsored

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Jeep never said anything about it not meeting crash requirements. Kuniskis was quoted in relation to the Hellcat.

Fans assumed it meant Hemis in general, and Jeep obviously didn't feel the need to correct those assumptions.
But the exterior dimensions of the block are the same. The only difference is the blower that sits between the heads, and that can't effect crash standards. So something is fishy with all of this. The only plausible explanation that I can come up with is the frame is stronger, similar to what they did with the Mohave. And this keeps the engine from joining the passenger compartment in a collision. But that is really reaching for a reason for his previous statement to be true, and this to be plausible.

DaveNH

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
I thought fca said there wasn't enough crumple zone for the v8 and it would end up in your lap in a frontal collision?
A persistent myth.

Australian media asked Tim Kuniskis about a Hellcsr Wrangler, to which he said it for like a glove with no crush space.

He never said that this applied to any Hemi.

The article was worded along the lines that Kuniskis was asked about a performance variant, possibly the Hellcat.

This was clearly interpreted as any v8, but his actual quote continually referred to "IT"...ie Hellcat.

Pretty much every story at that time interpreted it as the Hellcat.

Jeep Wrangler JL Spied! V8 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 Hemi Production Version Begins Testing! Screenshot_20200715-093630_Chrome
Jeep Wrangler JL Spied! V8 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 Hemi Production Version Begins Testing! Screenshot_20200715-093649_Chrome
Sponsored