Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
No way in a million years will it be 60k.
I agree, that's just my breakover point. My guess is $70k-75k, mostly to keep the pressure on Bronco. Keeping it just out of reach for most, but allowing some who will pony up to snag it somewhat easily. They've got a history for doing other stuff at a dumb price point. Before everyone went Hellcat crazy, they launched the Hellcat at $64k (source)... so.. it's possible. But I still think $70k is more likely, when you look at the clown jobs some dealers are trotting around with "upfitter packages" that are basically full of overpriced garbage.

Keep in mind- on paper, Bronco is offering a more capable variant for less out the door. If this is truly about competition, and I believe it is, Jeep will respond accordingly. Remember, the JK had a "base Rubicon" variant in the mid model refresh, and one of the guys on the Truck Show Podcast (Holman, I think) said he's under media embargo, and said all he could say is that Jeep will be offering a more capable variant/ model that will be priced competitively with the lower trim Sasquatch equipped Broncos.
Sponsored

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I'll bet it's every bit of $80k. My 6cyl Rubicon was $63k as it is. Add in the cost of the Engine, the Engineering needed to make it work, the extra strengthening needed for a lot of other drivetrain parts, AND the fact that they're going to make it a "special" option/trim/package, I think it will easily add another $17k to current pricing.
yikes...

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
The 3.6 and 2.0 run out of power when you start adding heavy wheels and tires, bumpers, winch, people , skids, and go over mountain passes.
But I added all of the above and still have plenty of power. You told me I was supposed to run out of power. You lied to me. Why are you lying to me? Why did you lie to me? Stop lying to me. I hate it when people LIE to me.

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
Thats another rabbit hole ....
Watch them give it AWD
The concept already had Selec-Trac, which is the full time 4wd and it was announced that the Rubicon would get that Selec-Trac transfer case (but with 4:1 Low retained) as an option. So, probably... yeah. :puke:

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S (Gladys) - 89' Civic SI
I thought fca said there wasn't enough crumple zone for the v8 and it would end up in your lap in a frontal collision?

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GCM 392 - 2019 SG JLUR
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
They dont want to sell that many. It will be at a price point out of reach for most.
You're absolutely right. Why would they want to sell a vehicle that they are putting this much R&D into. This is the most ridiculous thing I've heard you say today, and that's saying something.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
The concept already had Selec-Trac, which is the full time 4wd and it was announced that the Rubicon would get that Selec-Trac transfer case (but with 4:1 Low retained) as an option. So, probably... yeah. :puke:
I'm sure if it's offered it will only be an option.

Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
2 door has low sales volume and some of them are budget buyers. It would be money-wise easier for FCA to do this for the 4 door.

Also with 2 door JK V8 conversions, I've heard the front drive shaft angle is too much especially with a lift.
Yes, I agree... I'm not expecting it, but I do want it.

Driveshaft is not an issue. I've had three Wranglers with V8 conversions all two doors.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You're absolutely right. Why would they want to sell a vehicle that they are putting this much R&D into. This is the most ridiculous thing I've heard you say today, and that's saying something.
He's saying (or how I read it) they do not want to alter their CAFE #s. Obviously FCA wants to sell as many as they can... just without nuking their fleet MPG average along with it.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
He's saying (or how I read it) they do not want to alter their CAFE #s. Obviously FCA wants to sell as many as they can... just without nuking their fleet MPG average along with it.
He's completely full of shit.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The 3.6 and 2.0 run out of power when you start adding heavy wheels and tires, bumpers, winch, people , skids, and go over mountain passes. Low speed off roading i agree w you.
Yep. Light years ahead of the old 3.8 though. The 2.0 is actually pretty solid. I have run mine through passes on large wheels/tires, winch, etc., and it's been ok. Just sucks down the fuel if you want to retain any sort of speed.

Tommy1569

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL unlimited sport s
Occupation
Delphi
We just spied the production version of the V8 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 Hemi out conducting its first public testing!

It was spotted near the R&D testing facilities in Auburn Hills, MI and bears stickers that try to make it seem like a regular owner's vehicle and regular Rubicon model. But, it has several features which give it away. First, it sports a similar ram-air scoop as that shown in the 392 Concept shown only a few days ago. Around back, the quad exhaust can't be missed! As for its Florida license plates, those are also often seen on the SRT and Hellcat test prototypes.

As announced days ago, the Wrangler Rubicon 392 Concept is a four-door model powered by the 6.4-liter HEMI V8 making a whopping 450 horsepower and 450 lb.-ft of torque and capable of a 0-60 mph in less than 5-seconds.

392 V8 Hemi Wrangler JL Jeep.jpg
392 V8 Hemi Wrangler JL Jeep 10.jpg
392 V8 Hemi Wrangler JL Jeep 9.jpg
392 V8 Hemi Wrangler JL Jeep 8.jpg
392 V8 Hemi Wrangler JL Jeep 7.jpg
392 V8 Hemi Wrangler JL Jeep 6.jpg
392 V8 Hemi Wrangler JL Jeep 5.jpg
392 V8 Hemi Wrangler JL Jeep 4.jpg
392 V8 Hemi Wrangler JL Jeep 3.jpg
392 V8 Hemi Wrangler JL Jeep 1.jpg

quad-exhaust-392-v8-hemi-wrangler-jl-jeep-1-jpg.jpg

quad-exhaust-392-v8-hemi-wrangler-jl-jeep-jpg.jpg