Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
This will be out of the price range for most people which is a bad move in my estimation. Also the way they are configuring it. A worked 5.7 with close to 400hp would have been a much better move because it would have been at a better price point and an option not just a package. Now people have to take a 85k jeep to start a “project”. very short sighted and not really positive from an “enthusiast” standpoint. Its pretty clear the entry price is going to prohibit large sales of this model which is what they want because the more they sell the higher carbon tax they have to pay. Tha k you lib tree huggers and your CaFE standards. You favor toxic lithium and centralized hydrocarbon burning.... makes sense...
That's very subjective. I would not be OK paying for a 5.7 at the highest trim level. The 6.4 from a 5.7 will probably not change the price point much compared to how much other expenses were added to support a V8 in general -- irrespective of it being a 5.7 or 6.4.

Dude if you think the sticker on this is going to be any less than 76-83k youre crazy. Screen shot this.
It might be a trim level. I don't think anyone knows how they will package this yet. But it's not going to be more expensive than someone buying a Rubicon and swapping a 6.4 into it, which is what you are suggesting.

If it's a trim, I am betting it starts in the (very high) $50's and will option into the $70's. If it's a package, it will be ~$15k. No crystal ball, but that's my guess :) I do think they probably will do it as a trim though like they've done with the SRT/Hellcat.
Sponsored

Revolution_322

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubi White
I never said I agreed with the tax, just pointed another possible scenario as to why the entry cost could be higher. Stating that the cost is high because they don't want to sell as many... doesn't make much sense. The cost will be higher due to research, development, manufacturing, demand, etc. and the cost to comply with CAFE .
Thats what I am saying . We are in the same page. But i think yes theres some money in r&d but mostly realiability as it relates to cooling. That engine has be in production for a while. Its gonna be more about programming the torque converter and trans to modulate all that power. You guys realize what 450 torque with a 73:1 final drive crawl ratio can do right? Poppin u joints and ring gears like tic tacs

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
As much as I would like a 392, one reason I got a Jeep is because it can be fun to drive slow and relax.

But I am interested. Probably be out of my price range anyway.

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GCM 392 - 2019 SG JLUR
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
As much as I would like a 392, one reason I got a Jeep is because it can be fun to drive slow and relax.

But I am interested. Probably be out of my price range anyway.

The gas pedal will still work with the 392. I've owned Jeeps with more power and they are considerably easier to drive off road. You don't always have to use 100% of the skinny pedal. You get used to it. :)

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
Thats what I am saying . We are in the same page. But i think yes theres some money in r&d but mostly realiability as it relates to cooling. That engine has be in production for a while. Its gonna be more about programming the torque converter and trans to modulate all that power. You guys realize what 450 torque with a 73:1 final drive crawl ratio can do right? Poppin u joints and ring gears like tic tacs
They announced the gear and tcase crawl ratios? Are the diesel guys snapping driveline parts?

Sponsored

Deleted member 29342

That's very subjective. I would not be OK paying for a 5.7 at the highest trim level. The 6.4 from a 5.7 will probably not change the price point much compared to how much other expenses were added to support a V8 in general -- irrespective of it being a 5.7 or 6.4.

It might be a trim level. I don't think anyone knows how they will package this yet. But it's not going to be more expensive than someone buying a Rubicon and swapping a 6.4 into it, which is what you are suggesting.
I was quoted 25k to do a 6.4 swap last year. So 55k for my Rubicon and 25k for the 6.4 I could see this being a 80k Jeep easy just like the GC trackhawk

Sponsored

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I want a v8 wrangler bad. I’d definitely trade up but knowing FCA it’ll be some sorta SRT type of shenanigans where what would be a 50k Jeep is now a 75-80k Jeep.

if the pricing is realistic I’m all in. (Doubtful)
To keep up with Ford I think they will have to make it competitively priced, Competition is good!!

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Haha , sorry to crush your dreams but this will be in the track hawk realm of price range. Yes track hawk has the blower but the wrangler has more drivetrain expense.
Literally zero chance. The track hawk doesn't just "have a blower" LOL. Good lord.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was quoted 25k to do a 6.4 swap last year. So 55k for my Rubicon and 25k for the 6.4 I could see this being a 80k Jeep easy just like the GC trackhawk
Again, you buy a Rubicon for $40k and spend $25k for a swap. So $65k. Also track hawk starts at $89k before delivery with zero options. These numbers are not close. People will literally not buy them if this model starts at $89k before options.
Sponsored