DanW

First Name
Dan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 08 JKUR, 15 Ford Transit 350, 04 WJ 4.7, 17 Renegade, 99 Merc E430 S
Vehicle Showcase
last I knew this is JL Wrangler Forum, why do people including Ford marketing people come over here and discuss Broncos and stir up shit when they now have their own Forums???

and yes the moderators should move all off brand threads/topics to this section.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/forums/other-vehicles-general-automotive-chat.6/
1597966372182.png
It's a light and enjoyable discussion for some of us. No need for speech patrol. Nobody is forced to open it or read it.

Advertisement

BlackGenesis

First Name
Andrey
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara unlimited
Yup, it's definitely an accomplishment as well as the RAM holding the #1 and #2 spot for fastest pickups.

To mention, Raptor is actually now #4 on that list, because the Ford F150 Limited is actually faster than a Raptor. But God strike me down if I mention Ford here.

And ya, way back when in 2004, these kind of features and abilities would have cost way too much to make it affordable. I don't believe the Raptor even existed...wasn't it the F150 Lightening or something?
That raptor is pig heavy ....
What people don't usually realize is tuning turbo car , you get much higher return of power for the money.
Those non HO EcoBoost 3.5 have a bit less power under the curve then 6.4L, but show huge gains with tuning and e mix fuel.
They run low 12s 1/4 on just off the shelf (not custom )e50 tune and e50 fuel mix. Mid 11s with intercooler, fuel pump, exhaust upgrades and custom e50 tune.

Moral of the story, if you want fast and or shit loads of low end torque, buy one with turbos.

Jeeperob

First Name
Rob
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R || 2021 Hellayella Rubicon JLU
last I knew this is JL Wrangler Forum, why do people including Ford marketing people come over here and discuss Broncos and stir up shit when they now have their own Forums???

and yes the moderators should move all off brand threads/topics to this section.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/forums/other-vehicles-general-automotive-chat.6/
1597966372182.png
lol, you’re funny. But as I have replied previously, I’m not the one who even brought the Bronco up...I replied with a post about a 2004 Dodge RAM. You and the other fella went off about all the Bronco stuff.

Anyway, like another said, it’s just some fun banter to lighten the mood. Relax.

nova99

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW X5 50i Black Sapphire, 2019 GMC Sierra Denali 2500 Duramax Ebony Twilight, 2018 JLUR Bright White
Well this is definitely going to happen now with TRX launch. Blown Hemi's for everything!

den_jku

First Name
DS
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKUR
Looks like this will not be happening any time soon???

guarnibl

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2016 Porsche Boxster Spyder.
Well this is definitely going to happen now with TRX launch. Blown Hemi's for everything!
Hope so, though I doubt we'll see the hellcat motor in a Wrangler from the factory. Who knows tho! Maybe they're willing to sell a vehicle that will get 7 mpg on the highway.

twisty

First Name
bob
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
I think all of this is great. It appears auto makers are all going the route Ford is and jeep./FCA is upping the ante.

The not so far future will have boring vanilla, battery powered, self driven vehicles. Likely we will all have them for commutes, shopping, etc. Might not even own em, just time share a commute vehicle and that will save you money for a dream vehicle.

A fun, kickarse spare no expense rig we can let our hair down in all sorts of recreation. Jeeping, hot rods, muscle cars, super handling cars, etc.

summer4x

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12valveRam
Looks like this will not be happening any time soon???
It wouldn't hurt my feelings. My days of thirsty, fuel-guzzling v8s are long gone. It's why I went to diesel 15 or so years ago - I was tired of filling the tanks on the v8 trucks. The diesels were destroying them in terms of fuel economy.

Advertisement

Advertisement