Sponsored

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
After some further thought, I personally find the 392 to be pointless. I initially thought it would be cool. I love fast cars and even love fast SUVs (see sig - my daily is a BMW X3M - look up the Car and Driver test for those that are not familiar). But all this will net Jeep is being the worst handling sub 5 second car in existence.

With this said, I may get one which, at the end of the day, proves that FCA may know what they're doing after all.
Sponsored

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
I'm taking about what is very clearly a more crowded engine bay than another.

Kuniskis specifically spoke of air space around the engine.

Top, bottom, or otherwise, one clearly has more air space than the other.

So again, are you suggesting that whatever differentiates a 392 from the Demon is equivalent to air?

At the end of the day, nobody at Jeep has been quoted as saying that the Hemi per se cannot pass crash tests.
DSC_6542-768x440.jpg

_r_t_scat_pack_rwd-pic-7971164434183409524-640x480.jpg

What exactly are you seeing that is different? I still say that either Kuniskis misled us, as some others have said, or that they have made some structural changes to the frame to allow them to use the engine. I don't know why you are so stubbornly locked into the idea that it's because they aren't the exact same engines that what Kuniskis said only applies to the Hellcat version.... of the same damn engine.

DaveNH

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
DSC_6542-768x440.jpg

_r_t_scat_pack_rwd-pic-7971164434183409524-640x480.jpg

What exactly are you seeing that is different? I still say that either Kuniskis misled us, as some others have said, or that they have made some structural changes to the frame to allow them to use the engine.
Okay.

I don't know why you are so stubbornly locked into the idea that it's because they aren't the exact same engines that what Kuniskis said only applies to the Hellcat version.... of the same damn engine.
I don't know why you are so stubbornly locked into something that was never said.

I'm not "locked into" anything. I too ran on the assumption that he was referring to all Hemis.

Until I went looking for the actual quote... to show why Jeep wouldn't do it... and realized I was mistaken as to what was said.

In other words, the complete opposite of being "locked into" a position.

Personally, I don't pretend to know what he "really" meant. You do you, I guess.

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Okay.

I don't know why you are so stubbornly locked into something that was never said.

I'm not "locked into" anything. I too ran on the assumption that he was referring to all Hemis.

Until I went looking for the actual quote... to show why Jeep wouldn't do it... and realized I was mistaken as to what was said.

In other words, the complete opposite of being "locked into" a position.

Personally, I don't pretend to know what he really meant. You do you, I guess.
You positioned that the fact that he referred to the Hellcat was why the 392 could work. I said that doesn't make sense because they are essentially the same thing. Then you came up with a lot of excuses as to why your position is valid. I replied that those excuses don't hold water and showed that your initial pictures were from different points of view and didn't accurately reflect the packaging in the engine bay. That's what I have been trying to get you to realize. The difference between the two engines won't have any effect on the crash ratings. And that it can't be merely dismissed as because they aren't the same engines.

DaveNH

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
You positioned that the fact that he referred to the Hellcat was why the 392 could work. I said that doesn't make sense because they are essentially the same thing. Then you came up with a lot of excuses as to why your position is valid. I replied that those excuses don't hold water and showed that your initial pictures were from different points of view and didn't accurately reflect the packaging in the engine bay. That's what I have been trying to get you to realize. The difference between the two engines won't have any effect on the crash ratings. And that it can't be merely dismissed as because they aren't the same engines.
Yes, I get it. Kuniskis is a liar.

You want to try another way of saying it?

Sponsored

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Yes, I get it. Kuniskis is a liar.

You want to try another way of saying it?
I didn't say that, I said that alternatively they could have developed something that could have allowed this. Damn it man, reading is fundamental.

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Ah, yes, the magical components that provide no more resistance than air.
What? No you dolt I surmised that they may have strengthened the frame similar to the Mohave and that may be what allows them to pass the crash tests with the Hemi. Seriously, go back and look. My argument this entire time is that there is no fundamental difference between the engines, and questioning why they are now going forward with it, when they had said that it wasn't possible. Our only point of contention is that you had discounted my view of the engines being the same in a crash.

Revolution_322

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubi White
those of you who’ve driven a Ram , the powertrain on that truck is fantastic and sounds great. 400hp 395t or something like that. They should just stuff that and make it an option and call it a day. Dont forget this will be their 4th engine. As an auto maker i seriously doubt FCA wants 4 engine options on this platform. But hey .... who knowsz

Sponsored

Stephane

First Name
Stephane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
We just spied the production version of the V8 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 Hemi out conducting its first public testing!

It was spotted near the R&D testing facilities in Auburn Hills, MI and bears stickers that try to make it seem like a regular owner's vehicle and regular Rubicon model. But, it has several features which give it away. First, it sports a similar ram-air scoop as that shown in the 392 Concept shown only a few days ago. Around back, the quad exhaust can't be missed! As for its Florida license plates, those are also often seen on the SRT and Hellcat test prototypes.

As announced days ago, the Wrangler Rubicon 392 Concept is a four-door model powered by the 6.4-liter HEMI V8 making a whopping 450 horsepower and 450 lb.-ft of torque and capable of a 0-60 mph in less than 5-seconds.

Jeep Wrangler JL Spied! V8 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 Hemi Production Version Begins Testing! _r_t_scat_pack_rwd-pic-7971164434183409524-640x480
Jeep Wrangler JL Spied! V8 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 Hemi Production Version Begins Testing! _r_t_scat_pack_rwd-pic-7971164434183409524-640x480

Hmmm.... No instrumentation, no equipment, hard plates, could very well be a one off from a third party.

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
those of you who’ve driven a Ram , the powertrain on that truck is fantastic and sounds great. 400hp 395t or something like that. They should just stuff that and make it an option and call it a day. Dont forget this will be their 4th engine. As an auto maker i seriously doubt FCA wants 4 engine options on this platform. But hey .... who knowsz
I had one for a few days as a loaner. Standard cab, long bed 6.4L 4x4, honestly I wasn't that impressed by it. It didn't feel any faster than the way my Jeep was when stock.

DaveNH

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
What? No you dolt I surmised that they may have strengthened the frame similar to the Mohave and that may be what allows them to pass the crash tests with the Hemi.
Yes, I know.

In your world, extra components don't actually take up physical space or provide any resistance. Thus, there is literally no difference between a supercharged engine and its NA variant.

It's definitely just an as of yet unannounced technical solution.

Seriously, go back and look. My argument this entire time is that there is no fundamental difference between the engines,
None of this is unclear to me. You have certainly asserted that there is no difference.

and questioning why they are now going forward with it, when they had said that it wasn't possible.
Except "they" didn't. You did. We did.

HardSell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Built Rubicon replaced modestly built stolen '87 XJ
Occupation
Nose Picker
It was spotted near the R&D testing facilities in Auburn Hills, MI
The hills I want to see it spotted in are the Colorado and Utah hills.
Sponsored