Sponsored

Spied: 2018 Jeep Wrangler (JL) Unlimited Up Close!

Aggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito!
Jeep Wrangler JL Spied: 2018 Jeep Wrangler (JL) Unlimited Up Close! {filename}

This is the photo that makes me think the rumors of a fixed roof are true.

It's hard to tell but seems like a more traditional roof line to me and no provision for a sport bar.
Yea looks like a roof frame alright. Looks like there's panels too.
Sponsored

JJ75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
Yea I dont see the roll cage/sport bar tubing. It looks like a fixed frame probably with a Freedom Top.

Bill P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited
Well if we're getting a roof structure I hope it's at least a very very light structure. Maybe something like the FJ40 top?

Sponsored

Rockcrawler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps and Bikes
Well if we're getting a roof structure I hope it's at least a very very light structure. Maybe something like the FJ40 top?

To go from sport bar to this would be sad. Looks like some PVC piping I could whip up at home.

I really don't see how they're gonna provide the same open air experience with a roof structure. Even some bare structure like this is not the same look nor feeling

Bill P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited
Sweet pics showing lots more little details than before.

Tail lights look normal and not the X ones from the Renegade. THANK GOODNESS. Those lights are so gimmicky looking.
Final tail light covers aren't necessary for prototype testing so I wouldn't count our blessings yet...

They've used the X in the lights of a few concepts in past years. First seen in a production car with the Renegade, so we'll see if it filters up/down the Jeep lineup.

JTman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JT to come
Read around and you'll see that Jeepers generally dislike the X tail lights. I don't know why they are intent on pushing it on all of us. Well at least the aftermarket is happy. They have created a whole new market for Renegade owners looking to change them.

Link Pin

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Sahara, 2020 Gladiator
Why are we all of the sudden getting European bumpers when the current one works fine and looks better? Long bumper like that gives you worse approach angles.
It may be an off road bumper. The grill has been raked back for fuel economy, giving the illusion of a EuroBumper.

Last edited:

Jeep XXL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
It may be an off road bumper. The grill has been raked back for fuel economy, giving the illusion of a EuroBumper.
I agree. I said this in the other thread where it shows possibly the same prototype but without all the tarp covering the hood and bumper. Comparing it to the current vehicle I'd say it's the grille that is pushed back thus exposing the bumper more.

Campbell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger
Read around and you'll see that Jeepers generally dislike the X tail lights. I don't know why they are intent on pushing it on all of us. Well at least the aftermarket is happy. They have created a whole new market for Renegade owners looking to change them.
I understand that manufacturers have to update their models to give the appearance of being 'new' and 'fresh' but I think the appeal of the Wrangler to a lot of people including me is that they've always had a spartan no frills look and design - basically a tub on a frame, with lights that were generic. If they get too fancy with the design it might actually take away the distinctive no-frills styling that set the Wrangler apart from all competitors.
Sponsored