First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU, 1976 CJ5
Occupation
Firefighter
I'm wanting to purchase a full length / one piece shade top, and I've heard good reviews for both. I was hoping some of you might have some additional feedback on the two that I haven't seen on here from my questions below.

Like a lot of us, I usually do a lot of research before I make a purchase, and I must say I do like that the Spiderwebshade is made in the USA.

I've also heard that the Alien brand top is a little shorter on the sides. How is the Spiderweb brand in comparison? For those that have seen both brands, does one seem to be a better quality than the other? And if so, in what way? This might sound dumb, but do they still allow some good wind flow through them?

Also, I'm interested in the black or the cherry red on my black Rubi:

Can anyone that has "black" tell me if you feel that it creates more heat inside the Jeep? I'm just concearned since I also have black interior.

Can anyone that has the "red" tell me if you feel it's a little too much on the eyes when your driving down the road in the sun? Or if you have any other issues with the red?

Thanks for all your help.
Sponsored

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
I'm wanting to purchase a full length / one piece shade top, and I've heard good reviews for both. I was hoping some of you might have some additional feedback on the two that I haven't seen on here from my questions below.

Like a lot of us, I usually do a lot of research before I make a purchase, and I must say I do like that the Spiderwebshade is made in the USA.

I've also heard that the Alien brand top is a little shorter on the sides. How is the Spiderweb brand in comparison? For those that have seen both brands, does one seem to be a better quality than the other? And if so, in what way? This might sound dumb, but do they still allow some good wind flow through them?

Also, I'm interested in the black or the cherry red on my black Rubi:

Can anyone that has "black" tell me if you feel that it creates more heat inside the Jeep? I'm just concearned since I also have black interior.

Can anyone that has the "red" tell me if you feel it's a little too much on the eyes when your driving down the road in the sun? Or if you have any other issues with the red?

Thanks for all your help.
I think @MORTON has a red one if we can get him to chime in ;)

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase

Xingpao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I have a red alienshade for the front. I have not noticed additional heat or thought the red was overpowering at all.

I doubt I will ever take it off.

@OUTDOORTREE

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I have black alien and I really like it for the scorching July and August. I like no top June and September

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@d3vils-advocate

More bang for the buck going with the Alien Sunscreen.

Be sure to pm @AlienSunshade and ask for the forum discount before you order.

I run a back Alien and am in Florida, lots............ and nope, no heat issue at all with the black.

IF you plan to keep the Alien installed under your Freedom Panels or under a Sunrider for JL, all year long, you may want to do as I did, and go with the black.

I can't imagine looking up at friggin bright red on all the days in the year, that I am not able to open my Bestop Sunrider for JL. My SR resides over my Alien all year long. Of course, Im an old man so...

Sure, red is really cool when the Freedom Panels are off or when the Sunrider is open, but not so cool staring up at it on the days when the panels are on....or SR closed.

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Did you have to put your windshield down to attach it? Curiosity is looking this cat :LOL:
Lol no they provide you a tool that allows you to fish the pieces through, super simple!

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
@d3vils-advocate

More bang for the buck going with the Alien Sunscreen.

Be sure to pm @AlienSunshade and ask for the forum discount before you order.

I run a back Alien and am in Florida, lots............ and nope, no heat issue at all with the black.

IF you plan to keep the Alien installed under your Freedom Panels or under a Sunrider for JL, all year long, you may want to do as I did, and go with the black.

I can't imagine looking up at friggin bright red on all the days in the year, that I am not able to open my Bestop Sunrider for JL. My SR resides over my Alien all year long. Of course, Im an old man so...

Sure, red is really cool when the Freedom Panels are off or when the Sunrider is open, but not so cool staring up at it on the days when the panels are on....or SR closed.

Eh I have to disagree with ya there man. I get complements on it even when my soft top is on. It dubs as a neat headliner and I rarely stare at it as you mention.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Eh I have to disagree with ya there man. I get complements on it even when my soft top is on. It dubs as a neat headliner and I rarely stare at it as you mention.
@MORTON

Did you miss my disclaimer in that post "Of course, I'm an old man so..."

Reality is, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder so to speak. I would rather not have flaming red up there, under the panels or SR ....but some may take great joy, in flaming red up there. 8-)

Sponsored

Chemy350

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Mortgage Loan Officer
I have the 2 piece Alien in Red. I bought them the day they were released. The fit great. I do have 1 issue though... the plastic clips that hold the front of shade to the windshield, have kind of melted and deformed. The shade isn't as tight as it once was and now has a little slack in it. I'm going to call Alien today and see if I can get some extra clips.

AlienSunshade

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aliensunshade.com
Thanks for all the Alien support guys! We really appreciate it.:rock:

I have the 2 piece Alien in Red. I bought them the day they were released. The fit great. I do have 1 issue though... the plastic clips that hold the front of shade to the windshield, have kind of melted and deformed. The shade isn't as tight as it once was and now has a little slack in it. I'm going to call Alien today and see if I can get some extra clips.
PM sent!

d3vils-advocate said:
If you decide to join Alien Nation, PM me first! Like @MORTON mentioned, we've got a JL Wrangler Forum Member code.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL