Spiderwebshade / Alien shade tops: I have some questions

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Yes Amazon got stuck with all their merchandise just like a friend of mine bought a bunch of the alien stuff for the JK if you got a JK I'll give you his number he's got a shitload in his house that he can't get rid of he bought it through another dealer thinking he can make money and he's not. So if you got a JK I'll give you his address or number actually phone number and you can call him cuz he's stuck with the house full of JK shit that he thought he could sell with alien gear and got scammed nobody wants it on the JK anymore. Amazon will refund your money probably within maybe 30 to 40 days but after that they're not going to replace it alien does not make the product anymore go with the company like spiderweb how could you not want to go with a US company in Florida that makes a better shade with no balls bungee balls lol. I know it's not price because they're right up there in the same price unless you just want that little alien green rubber toy that they give you for your kids or something LOL
Sponsored

abecker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Yes Amazon got stuck with all their merchandise just like a friend of mine bought a bunch of the alien stuff for the JK if you got a JK I'll give you his number he's got a shitload in his house that he can't get rid of he bought it through another dealer thinking he can make money and he's not. So if you got a JK I'll give you his address or number actually phone number and you can call him cuz he's stuck with the house full of JK shit that he thought he could sell with alien gear and got scammed nobody wants it on the JK anymore. Amazon will refund your money probably within maybe 30 to 40 days but after that they're not going to replace it alien does not make the product anymore go with the company like spiderweb how could you not want to go with a US company in Florida that makes a better shade with no balls bungee balls lol. I know it's not price because they're right up there in the same price unless you just want that little alien green rubber toy that they give you for your kids or something LOL
Do you work for spiderwebshade?

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Do you work for spiderwebshade?
No they just make a good product that I'm very happy with and I've met the owner and off-road show I'm just trying to steer you in the right direction but you're free to buy alien that's not made anymore and then after 30 days Amazon won't replace it and you'll be screwed you're welcome to do what you want just trying to help you out. Spider web is American made and I've met people that run the company at off-road shows I know they stand behind their product. That's what we come on here for is to help each other don't we I'm trying to save you a headache if you have to replace your alien shade months later or even a year later Amazon's not going to help you. Try getting a toll free number to Amazon and call them call spider webs and they'll answer and ask any question you want what you want to go with a company like that I mean it's your choice. And the second reason is do you like bungee balls cuz I think they look like Goofy 🤪

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I have had my Alien Sunshade (front) installed for about 3 yrs. now.

II have had no issues at all with the sun shade. I installed it correctly.. Fitment is very good..

I have been real happy with my Alien .... it looks good, does the job well.... still looks great after about 3 years of use. I paid $64.99 on 7/13/18 ......a terrific deal on a very decent sunshade.

I would buy an Alien Sunshade again in a heartbeat... lots of bang for the $ .... a real decent sunshade.

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
It must have been those damn broken clips. Killed their margins and drove em out of business. :swear:

IMG_8841.JPG

20180904_070116.jpg

IMG_8841.JPG

20180904_070116.jpg

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
It must have been those damn broken clips. Killed their margins and drove em out of business. :swear:

IMG_8841.JPG

20180904_070116.jpg

IMG_8841.JPG

20180904_070116.jpg

@BullMoose1776

Nice that you pointed out a problem but did not point out a fix....

Yes a few guys/gals did report issues with the plastic clips on the front bungees. Alien Sunshade replaced them under warranty..

I'm not sure how someone buying an Alien these days would get replacement clips now though... same with the guys/gals that installed Aliens a couple of years ago....

As for the sunshade itself.... well made, stout and no worry about holes pulling out, problematic stitching or tears....

No problem though as the plastic clips are not needed at all. Just remove the clips and then place the bungee around the support and attach to the sunshade. Again, no need of the plastic clips. Actually, most find the install easier if they do not use the clips.

As for the Alien Sunshade itself.... very good quality. Comparable to the similar pricier offerings out there. A decent shade. Paid $64.99 for mine.... that's a killer price on a very good sunshade.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Isn't that bungee balls in the picture? Spider web shades look so much better when you don't have about 15 bungee balls showing everywhere. And it's a cleaner look my alien shade had it two and a half inch Gap in the front by the visors the back of it had a gap also. I'm telling you they're not in business no more I talk to the owner and had a cell phone at one time he sold the company and that people that bought it let it Go if you're buying off Amazon it's because they have a lot of stock left over try to call alien shades number and see what happens let me know you get someone on the phone from alien shade that says they're still open. Why would you want to buy a product that the company is not open no more out of business yeah if you buy from Amazon you can usually send stuff back within a reasonable time they just throw it away and refund your money but there's no lifetime warranty on alien shades anymore because they're not open anymore prove me wrong call them and see if you get someone on the phone. Their shades are crap I had two I went through two of them finally said I'm done. Spider shades answers her phones anytime you call
No, not bungie balls. There are chords that secured directly to the shade. Yes, they're elastic but you don't have to wrap them around the roof rail. They attach to the aluminum fasteners you see on the underside of the rail. The front of the shade has hooks that attach via a hook to the top of the windshield frame.
No bungie balls at all. As for buying the Alien. It's not. Mine is a Spiderwebshade. Although I don't see any issue with buying the Alien shade. I've talked to a lot of people who are happy with theirs.

Here are 2 more shots my shade to better illustrate how the straps attach to it. One from outside and one from the inside looking up (toward the windshield) to show there's no gap. You can see one of the attachments there too.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
No, not bungie balls. There are chords that secured directly to the shade. Yes, they're elastic but you don't have to wrap them around the roof rail. They attach to the aluminum fasteners you see on the underside of the rail. The front of the shade has hooks that attach via a hook to the top of the windshield frame.
No bungie balls at all. As for buying the Alien. It's not. Mine is a Spiderwebshade. Although I don't see any issue with buying the Alien shade. I've talked to a lot of people who are happy with theirs.

Here are 2 more shots my shade to better illustrate how the straps attach to it. One from outside and one from the inside looking up (toward the windshield) to show there's no gap. You can see one of the attachments there too.
That looks so much better. It has that clean look to it. You do realize how much you don't like the bungee balls till they are gone. that's why most all the company's that are still open making shades have done away with the balls hanging down. One you get rid of them you will see how better it looks. I mean why buy something f you know the company is out of business and there will be no warranty if the shade comes a part around the edge like one of the 2 I had. Shit happens but I guess you can just buy another one on Amazon

BarrelRider

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willy Sport
I just want the rear to shade my kid riding in the back. I found front only but does alien sell rear only?

Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I just want the rear to shade my kid riding in the back. I found front only but does alien sell rear only?
Then go with spider web lifetime warranty on it there is no warranty at all with alien with them out of business. Amazon will only give you warranty for so long or maybe they'll give you a lifetime warranty and I don't know but if you care about a little bungee balls hanging down then definitely go with spider web but one you're going to have balls hanging down too they're out of business three it's a cleaner look now you can give me three or four reasons why to buy alien besides cost let's hear it you'll be happy with spider web I promise you you can actually call them and they answer their phone if you have any problems there is nobody to call for alien.. I used to have the owner's number in my phone I can't remember his name because I'd had a problem and never could get nobody return my call and I finally got a hold of him by email but like I said he sold the company to someone in Austin and they let it go ran it in the ground he wasn't very happy about it. He said he worked hard to get that business where it was and they let it go and went bankrupt. Amazon probably bought all the JL supply they had left because I know somebody that has a garage full of or did last year got rid of most of it aliens shades and balls for the JK. He bought it from some store that went out of business that was a dealer for them

BarrelRider

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willy Sport
Then go with spider web lifetime warranty on it there is no warranty at all with alien with them out of business. Amazon will only give you warranty for so long or maybe they'll give you a lifetime warranty and I don't know but if you care about a little bungee balls hanging down then definitely go with spider web but one you're going to have balls hanging down too they're out of business three it's a cleaner look now you can give me three or four reasons why to buy alien besides cost let's hear it you'll be happy with spider web I promise you you can actually call them and they answer their phone if you have any problems there is nobody to call for alien.. I used to have the owner's number in my phone I can't remember his name because I'd had a problem and never could get nobody return my call and I finally got a hold of him by email but like I said he sold the company to someone in Austin and they let it go ran it in the ground he wasn't very happy about it. He said he worked hard to get that business where it was and they let it go and went bankrupt. Amazon probably bought all the JL supply they had left because I know somebody that has a garage full of or did last year got rid of most of it aliens shades and balls for the JK. He bought it from some store that went out of business that was a dealer for them
Thank you! I am going to order the spider.

Punknhed

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punkin Rubi XR
easy fix for the windshield clips on the alien, just take the bolts for the windshield out, slide the bungee in, put the bolt back thru and tighten. No more need for the clips. have run mine this way since i got it in Feb of 2019.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Here is the New spiderweb shade set up. No more Ball's. Very clean. I know Jammer doesn't like the one-piece but I went with it to protect the soundbar top from the Texas Brutal summer heat and UV. I took my top off in early April and it stays off until I take a longer trip and need AC.

Jeep Wrangler JL Spiderwebshade / Alien shade tops: I have some questions 20180904_070116
Looks good. 1 OR 2 piece either way that look is so much cleaner and nicer then BIG BALLS LOL I'm so much happier with spider webs shade. You spend around 50 to 60,000 on a new Jeep and your worried about spending a little more on a good shade that you know has a lifetime warranty on it with a company that's going to be around to take care of you and knowing it will be the last shade you buy for your Jeep around to take care of it. People who don't own a Jeep or ones that do and never had a shade used to always say what's up with all the BIG plastic balls hanging lol seriously though.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon

Nice clean look for sure
Sponsored