Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
I did the same thing. I got it really close and put the bungee cords around and use the bungee balls but I got tired of looking at bungee balls plus I still had a 2inch gap up by the front. But the two-piece spider web sunshade covers the sides front back looks so nice if you like the two piece alien you will love the two piece by spider web. None of those bungee balls hanging around everywhere and it fits so close front rear inside I love the two piece I will not have a one piece covering the soundbar so from the side it looks like you have a big hump like a hump whale
Pics?
Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Trying to pick post but they're too large I'll have to reduce them it says. That's what I hate about the new cameras on the new phones like the Galaxy 20 ultra and 21 ultra they take great pictures but then when you go to send them they're too large the resolution has to be reduced that sucks. Try to get hold of alien sunshade and see if they're around they're closed Amazon is closing out what they have they got stuck with a lot of inventory. They still use bungee balls do you want all those bungee balls they look goofy they look like old school a lot of people like spider web sunshades are going to the cord built in and you used the little hooks go to the website you'll see I hated those bungee balls everywhere

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
This is a picture of their two-piece on their website go to spiderwebs website. It all depends if you want a one piece and from the side you see the shade going over the sound bar and it has that hump I like it separated it's a cleaner look. And no I don't have problems with it flapping more because it comes close and it's a tight fit front and rear

Screenshot_20210614-204157_Chrome.jpg

Sponsored

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Here is the New spiderweb shade set up. No more Ball's. Very clean. I know Jammer doesn't like the one-piece but I went with it to protect the soundbar top from the Texas Brutal summer heat and UV. I took my top off in early April and it stays off until I take a longer trip and need AC.

20210614_221716.jpg

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
^ I like the one-piece Spiderweb shade because it sits higher when it’s over the sound bar. I’m only 5’7”, but do like that the shade is over the sound bar.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Here is the New spiderweb shade set up. No more Ball's. Very clean. I know Jammer doesn't like the one-piece but I went with it to protect the soundbar top from the Texas Brutal summer heat and UV. I took my top off in early April and it stays off until I take a longer trip and need AC.

Jeep Wrangler JL Spiderwebshade / Alien shade tops: I have some questions 20210614_221716
Either way one or two piece you can't go wrong with spider web shades. they're very easy to deal with any problems they'll stand behind it with their lifetime warranty made in the USA. I'm telling you I'm so done with China I will pay more for anything I'm just done with China I don't want to buy anything in China if I don't have to. yes I know it's going to be hard to if I'm walking into a Walmart LOL but I'm tired of it. They always say when you buy something from China when people sell it oh but it'll come with a lifetime warranty yeah but how many times you have to change the part there's such a big difference between Japan and China

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
I'd say it's worth it to deal with a company that is still in existence, and if their products is made in the US, then even better.

If you want to go with Alien, the email address I used is:

[email protected] .

I am interested to know if they are selling products or just serving existing customers.

Good luck, let us know what you decide.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Trying to pick post but they're too large I'll have to reduce them it says. That's what I hate about the new cameras on the new phones like the Galaxy 20 ultra and 21 ultra they take great pictures but then when you go to send them they're too large the resolution has to be reduced that sucks.....
You can also reduce the image size instead of resolution to reduce the file size. Then you can send them, and they'll still be sharp.

Here is the New spiderweb shade set up. No more Ball's. ...

Jeep Wrangler JL Spiderwebshade / Alien shade tops: I have some questions 20210614_221716
They haven't used balls in at least a year. Here's mine from a year ago. ↓↓↓

Sponsored

MrMischief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
One thing I don't like about my spiderwebshade, and I believe this applies to every shade on the market for the JL, is how it attaches behind the windshield. I understand why they do this, but I would have liked to have seen something that is easier to undo quickly. On my TJ I could undo the shade, roll it back, and secure it in place using a couple of longer bungee balls I had picked up from harbor freight. It was nice to be able to have full sun when I wanted but still have the shade available. It wasn't the fastest thing to do but I could get it done quickly enough. With the design of the JL I need to unbolt the windshield to rock it forward a little each time then bolt the windshield back down. Just a bit more inconvenient. Seems like the clips behind the windshield could have used a bit of non stretch cordage to make a loop for the bungees to grab.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
You can also reduce the image size instead of resolution to reduce the file size. Then you can send them, and they'll still be sharp.

They haven't used balls in at least a year. Here's mine from a year ago. ↓↓↓
Isn't that bungee balls in the picture? Spider web shades look so much better when you don't have about 15 bungee balls showing everywhere. And it's a cleaner look my alien shade had it two and a half inch Gap in the front by the visors the back of it had a gap also. I'm telling you they're not in business no more I talk to the owner and had a cell phone at one time he sold the company and that people that bought it let it Go if you're buying off Amazon it's because they have a lot of stock left over try to call alien shades number and see what happens let me know you get someone on the phone from alien shade that says they're still open. Why would you want to buy a product that the company is not open no more out of business yeah if you buy from Amazon you can usually send stuff back within a reasonable time they just throw it away and refund your money but there's no lifetime warranty on alien shades anymore because they're not open anymore prove me wrong call them and see if you get someone on the phone. Their shades are crap I had two I went through two of them finally said I'm done. Spider shades answers her phones anytime you call

Erievon

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTR, 2021 JLU Sport Altitude
I'd say it's worth it to deal with a company that is still in existence, and if their products is made in the US, then even better.

If you want to go with Alien, the email address I used is:

[email protected] .

I am interested to know if they are selling products or just serving existing customers.

Good luck, let us know what you decide.
After quite a long silence, their instagram account is back to posting regularly. The link in their bio goes to their Amazon store. Not sure what to make of it, but the amazon stock appears to be aplenty.
Sponsored