Spiderwebshade / Alien shade tops: I have some questions

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Friend of mine by Raffi something cargo company they look really good but they only make the front piece to they use those holes in the front and the shade has like plastic pins and they go down in those holes in the front. This is the one who bought something cargo company it looks nice he said he really likes it. but once again I want the front and rear piece to match the same company I don't want it looking different and they don't make a real piece either. but it also has those big buckles I don't know if I'm a fan of those are not I have to see it in person do you like those buckles

IMG_83321.jpg

IMG_83311.jpg
Sponsored

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
When I click your link it still says enter email to notify when open. Are you open?
Alien sunshade went out of business the owner sold it to some people and they let it go under

gqgambler

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bright White Moab
And they're made in Abilene Texas about 2 hours from where I live there 3 weeks behind the custom orders are just coming in there so busy he said. but I wish he made a back piece
I'm thinking of mixing and matching. I like the JTop for the front. I already have the Alienshade in the rear.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I'm thinking of mixing and matching. I like the JTop for the front. I already have the Alienshade in the rear.
I thought about doing the same thing I just don't know what it's going to look like. It going to look so much better than the front it's going to make the alien shade in the back look cheap. do you have the same problem the front with the big gap on the alien shade ? Is as bad as mine

Screenshot_20200703-100537_Gallery.jpg

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Jammer

If you go to eBAY and buy black bungees that are say an inch or so longer and use those with the front sunshades, rear attachment..... another words, use slightly longer rear bungees on the sunshade. This will allow the sunshade to move/position/reside, more forward decreasing the gap.. and yes, gap in the back will be increased by same amount as the front gap lessens.

I'm really happy with the gap on my Alien front. I like the 3" gap as it makes it easier to quickly unlatch my Sunrider for JL. IF, i wanted to lessen the front gap, I would do as I mentioned an get longer bungees for the backside of the front sunshade...

Bungees on eBAY are way cheap.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I thought about doing that but aren't the front ones too stretched out already because it looks like my front ones are stretched out if I move it forward is not going to pull it tight enough how long were the ones you bought for the back of the front shade. See I know what you're talkin about if I can get them longer it will move it forward how long were the ones you bought but aren't those little bungees in the front stretched out so far it won't be tight if I move it forward

20200719_112128.jpg

20200719_112123.jpg

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I thought about doing that but aren't the front ones too stretched out already because it looks like my front ones are stretched out if I move it forward is not going to pull it tight enough how long were the ones you bought for the back of the front shade
@Jammer

I'm using the bungees that came with the Alien , front. I am very pleased where those place my sunshade.

Just trying to tell you that it is the bungees, that dictate where the sunshade will locate/position.
Measure and buy, all new bungees.

You can have the sunhade wherever you like. More or less gap in the front.... your choice.

Nothing special about Alien bungees. In closing fool with the bungees and that will get the sunshade where you want it, f/r position wise. A bag of 6 bungees is less then $10. Measure and order the sizes of bungees you need..

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
@Jammer

I'm using the bungees that came with the Alien , front. I am very pleased where those place my sunshade.

Just trying to tell you that it is the bungees, that dictate where the sunshade will locate/position.
Measure and buy, all new bungees.

You can have the sunhade wherever you like. More or less gap in the front.... your choice.

Nothing special about Alien bungees. In closing fool with the bungees and that will get the sunshade where you want it, f/r position wise. A bag of 6 bungees is less then $10. Measure and order the sizes of bungees you need..
I measured the longest bungee they come with is 20 so I wonder if I need about a 21,22 do they sell a 21 and put on the rear of the front to move forward can you measure the ones that you bought off the internet or Amazon can you tell me where you got them and how long they are I need a 21 or 22 because they're 20 now and it's pulling it back too far. If you wouldn't mind tell me how long yours are in the back of the front shade I appreciate your help

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Looked on eBay and Amazon cannot find any 21 or 22 inch bungee balls

Sponsored

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
On my Alien Sunshade, I put the front bungees around the 4 window bolts instead of using the clip things. You have to lower the windshield to do this. Mine is tight up against the front spirt bar, but loose enough that I can pull it back and get the soft top clips undone and reconnected when I take it up and down. The rear bungees were really damn tight!

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
On my Alien Sunshade, I put the front bungees around the 4 window bolts instead of using the clip things. You have to lower the windshield to do this. Mine is tight up against the front spirt bar, but loose enough that I can pull it back and get the soft top clips undone and reconnected when I take it up and down. The rear bungees were really damn tight!
Wish I could see what you're talkin about you did not use the clips that came with the front bungees I'm not sure how you put the bungees up by the windshield then I know what you're saying I just can't visualize it sorry.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I know this is a stupid comment I've got zip ties that are long that would look tacky I guess ?

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Wish I could see what you're talkin about you did not use the clips that came with the front bungees I'm not sure how you put the bungees up by the windshield then I know what you're saying I just can't visualize it sorry.
The front bungies are loops with the plastic T handle. I pulled the 4 bolts from the top of the windshield. Flipped the wipers forward (didn't remove them). Tilted the windshield forward a few inches. Put the bolts back in the front section of the sportbar and put the bolt through a loop on the front bungees. one bungee per bolt. Put the windshield back in position and tightened up the bolts. The bungee loop is sandwiched between the sport bar and windshield with the bolt goimg through all of them and the part with the T handle sticks out the top. Then assembled the rest of the shade as the video shows.

I'm out if town and the Jeep is at home or I'd snap a few pictures

I originally did this because I didn't trust the plastic clips they send for the front bungees. This way they didn't get used.

gqgambler

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bright White Moab
The front bungies are loops with the plastic T handle. I pulled the 4 bolts from the top of the windshield. Flipped the wipers forward (didn't remove them). Tilted the windshield forward a few inches. Put the bolts back in the front section of the sportbar and put the bolt through a loop on the front bungees. one bungee per bolt. Put the windshield back in position and tightened up the bolts. The bungee loop is sandwiched between the sport bar and windshield with the bolt goimg through all of them and the part with the T handle sticks out the top. Then assembled the rest of the shade as the video shows.

I'm out if town and the Jeep is at home or I'd snap a few pictures

I originally did this because I didn't trust the plastic clips they send for the front bungees. This way they didn't get used.
I had thought about doing this, but ultimately though its too much of a hassle to take down the windshield just to install the shade and then take apart when you want the bungees out. That's one of the appealing aspects of the JTops with the magnets; disappointing it cost so much more.
Sponsored