Sponsored

Oncorhynchus

First Name
Moishe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Sting Gray 3.6L
half doors were standard on all Wranglers up until 2007 with the launch of the JK. And available on the JK Sport and Rubicon as N/C door option. If you have never owned an older YJ, TJ with half doors that's ok, for us who have and still do they are quintessential Jeep. Unzipping windows may not be your thing. But nothing lost by FCA to offer them like they did on the JK as a N/C option when ordering or in the accessories catalog.

As for R&D time and money developing them.....please how much R&D time and money was thrown at the fold down windshield???? Is it cool I guess but I seriously doubt 1% of JL owners have ever did it let alone took a drive with it down unless you love catching stones and bugs in your face.

Offer it and for those who want them they will get them, other than that to each their own,
If FCA productizes them then I assume they have to do full FMEA and safety testing whereas it’s largely caveat emptor for aftermarket doors.
Sponsored

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
half doors were standard on all Wranglers up until 2007 with the launch of the JK. And available on the JK Sport and Rubicon as N/C door option. If you have never owned an older YJ, TJ with half doors that's ok, for us who have and still do they are quintessential Jeep. Unzipping windows may not be your thing. But nothing lost by FCA to offer them like they did on the JK as a N/C option when ordering or in the accessories catalog.

As for R&D time and money developing them.....please how much R&D time and money was thrown at the fold down windshield???? Is it cool I guess but I seriously doubt 1% of JL owners have ever did it let alone took a drive with it down unless you love catching stones and bugs in your face.

Offer it and for those who want them they will get them, other than that to each their own,
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-with-base-premium-uppers.59469/#post-1277275

Sponsored

KevOh93

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Willys
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Industrial Mechanic
Vehicle Showcase
I'm starting to get it. It's really about the look more than anything from what I gather.

The 4 door, *to me*, just looks weird with no doors/no top. So much so that I probably would never take them off with the top off.

Now, with half doors and no top, it doesn't look that bad, but really it's not enough of a difference in terms of looks for me to be willing to fork over $4K to have the option verses just running the full door.
This is how i like to drive my jeep

Jeep Wrangler JL Spent some time with the Wrangler 4XE and Wrangler 392 Concept yesterday C43DC49F-2915-4CD4-9193-D17790467A35