First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I'm hoping I get to drive the 392 concept later this month!
Sponsored

Oilburner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Figured as much re:V8 Wrangler. I think they are looking at feasibility now with the test mules, and IF the Bronco takes a big enough bite out of Wrangler sales due to lack of HP then they Might pull the trigger. IF the next gen 6 cyl is not ready for production by then, which it will likely eclipse the V8 in all categories anyway (except kewel sound)

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72BlazerCrawler 72Blazer12V 88SBDuramax 18JLUR
Occupation
SLP
I'm hoping I get to drive the 392 concept later this month!
I hope you actually drive and beat on it unlike the OP’s video :devil:

I want that 392. I’d get into some trouble for sure. Electric motors for the fail.

OP
OP
TXRubicon

TXRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR, '23 Porsche Cayman GTS
No driving at this event unfortunately. I don’t know any media that’s driven it, actually.

I want that 392. I’d get into some trouble for sure. Electric motors for the fail.

Sponsored

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72BlazerCrawler 72Blazer12V 88SBDuramax 18JLUR
Occupation
SLP
What’s the worst that could happen if you just happened to do a rolling burnout??

OP
OP
TXRubicon

TXRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I happen to enjoy getting FCA press fleet vehicles to drive during the year so... :)

What’s the worst that could happen if you just happened to do a rolling burnout??

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology

I beat up a JLUD in a dealership tour of a pre-production model. I plan to repeat on the 392 but with a bit more wheel spin and smoke ;)

Wonder if it can do a 4 wheel burnout in 4HI.

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
What do they do to cool the batteries under the seat, water cooled or air cooled??

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
What do they do to cool the batteries under the seat, water cooled or air cooled??
I read somewhere it was like the original BSG on the 2.0L and uses the air conditioner coolant to cool as needed.

Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Not more than no doors at all.

***EDIT*** Though I do admit, IMO....the 4 doors look like a bag of smashed assholes with no doors and no top. The two doors look fine...but for some reason the 4 door looks bad. Not sure a half door would fix that, but no top and full doors looks fine...so maybe.

Just looked....

https://www.google.com/search?q=jeep+JKUR+with+half+doors+and+no+top+images&rlz=1C1EODB_enUS727US732&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=jLOGX18g11eDmM%2CaJZG9hW5JhYczM%2C_&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kS4H648GXrpGrVQ4BtcTZv2pOOXBg&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiC-MXqkqDsAhXIgXIEHTrMA5wQ9QF6BAgOECs#imgrc=jLOGX18g11eDmM

I'll officially changing my stance on half doors, lol. :CWL: The 4 door looks better with the half doors (again, my opinion only) than no doors. I probably wouldn't spend the money on half doors when we could just run the fulls with the windows down, but I do get where the 4 door guys are coming from now. Never say never though.

2 doors? No way. Looks fine with full or no doors.
The 4 doors look best with a hardtop and everything on it imo. Looks ok with the top off and pretty fugly with top off and doors off. Half doors make them look cool, and it kind of makes it look like a rugged pickup truck due to the half doors on the back. A 4 door with half doors and no top looks more like a Jeep.

But let's be realistic, half doors are very impractical. Jeep is in the business of making profit, not just making a niche market happy.

In terms of the V8, I've been saying since the market release of the 4xe. There won't be a V8 Wrangler, period. Jeep is pushing hard a new vision/mission that is all about environment and leave no trace stuff. And they are hoping it keeps them above Ford.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Half doors will never happen for the same reason a 2-door Gladiator will never happen. People think they want it until they have it and then the realize how useless it is. First trip through McD's having to unzip the plastic window that you can't see through anyhow because it's scratched all to hell and faded, it'll be a "nope, this isn't cool". If you want open air just take the damned door off.

OP
OP
TXRubicon

TXRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ah missed that one. No, different event. They are doing a media roadshow and the one up north was probably better suited to driving time than the one in Texas. There was no product driving on Sunday but will be at a separate time in the future.

Saw this yesterday, looks like the same event you attended?

Slumpbuster

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4xe Rubicon
Occupation
Air Traffic Controller
I read somewhere it was like the original BSG on the 2.0L and uses the air conditioner coolant to cool as needed.
They heat it also to keep it at the optimal temp possible.
Sponsored