Sponsored

TXRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR, '23 Porsche Cayman GTS
So the Wrangler 4XE is really cool. When they say no compromises, they mean it. 100% of the hybrid system is stored out of harm's way. 4XE will be sold as a Rubicon, Sahara, and a more entry-level base 4XE model. Use of battery power can be deferred so it can run on gasoline power only until you want to use the battery power for situations you want the benefit of the EV only mode.

The 392 Concept? Well, it remains a concept. As the PR answer goes, "We can't comment on future product" and that they are gauging customer interest. Maybe they'll build it, maybe they won't. My gut is on the latter based on what wasn't said and other cues. Who knows. It was still fun to have the keys thrown to me and told to rev the hell out of it. Half-doors are cool though huh? When I asked when we'd be able to buy them, everyone just kept laughing at me with the occasional "Soon, maybe". Take that for what it's worth.
Jeep Wrangler JL Spent some time with the Wrangler 4XE and Wrangler 392 Concept yesterday 1f642

Bonus RAM TRX and Grand Wagoner photos included.

If you have any specific questions about anything you see here, let me know. I have some pretty in-depth notes about the Wrangler 4XE and Grand Wagoneer.

Jeep Wrangler JL Spent some time with the Wrangler 4XE and Wrangler 392 Concept yesterday 3Q8A3022
Jeep Wrangler JL Spent some time with the Wrangler 4XE and Wrangler 392 Concept yesterday IMG_0356
Jeep Wrangler JL Spent some time with the Wrangler 4XE and Wrangler 392 Concept yesterday IMG_0329
Jeep Wrangler JL Spent some time with the Wrangler 4XE and Wrangler 392 Concept yesterday IMG_0330
Jeep Wrangler JL Spent some time with the Wrangler 4XE and Wrangler 392 Concept yesterday IMG_0363
Jeep Wrangler JL Spent some time with the Wrangler 4XE and Wrangler 392 Concept yesterday IMG_0365
Jeep Wrangler JL Spent some time with the Wrangler 4XE and Wrangler 392 Concept yesterday 3Q8A3142
Jeep Wrangler JL Spent some time with the Wrangler 4XE and Wrangler 392 Concept yesterday 3Q8A3108
Jeep Wrangler JL Spent some time with the Wrangler 4XE and Wrangler 392 Concept yesterday IMG_0354
Jeep Wrangler JL Spent some time with the Wrangler 4XE and Wrangler 392 Concept yesterday 3Q8A3106
Jeep Wrangler JL Spent some time with the Wrangler 4XE and Wrangler 392 Concept yesterday 3Q8A2898
Jeep Wrangler JL Spent some time with the Wrangler 4XE and Wrangler 392 Concept yesterday 3Q8A2921-Edit
Jeep Wrangler JL Spent some time with the Wrangler 4XE and Wrangler 392 Concept yesterday 3Q8A2928-Edit-2
Jeep Wrangler JL Spent some time with the Wrangler 4XE and Wrangler 392 Concept yesterday 3Q8A2930
Jeep Wrangler JL Spent some time with the Wrangler 4XE and Wrangler 392 Concept yesterday 3Q8A2934
Jeep Wrangler JL Spent some time with the Wrangler 4XE and Wrangler 392 Concept yesterday 3Q8A2937
Jeep Wrangler JL Spent some time with the Wrangler 4XE and Wrangler 392 Concept yesterday 3Q8A3005
Jeep Wrangler JL Spent some time with the Wrangler 4XE and Wrangler 392 Concept yesterday 3Q8A3009
Jeep Wrangler JL Spent some time with the Wrangler 4XE and Wrangler 392 Concept yesterday 3Q8A3116
Jeep Wrangler JL Spent some time with the Wrangler 4XE and Wrangler 392 Concept yesterday 3Q8A3120
Jeep Wrangler JL Spent some time with the Wrangler 4XE and Wrangler 392 Concept yesterday 3Q8A3131
Jeep Wrangler JL Spent some time with the Wrangler 4XE and Wrangler 392 Concept yesterday IMG_0348
Jeep Wrangler JL Spent some time with the Wrangler 4XE and Wrangler 392 Concept yesterday IMG_0338
Sponsored

jrob529

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
So the Wrangler 4XE is really cool. When they say no compromises, they mean it. 100% of the hybrid system is stored out of harm's way. 4XE will be sold as a Rubicon, Sahara, and a more entry-level base 4XE model. Use of battery power can be deferred so it can run on gasoline power only until you want to use the battery power for situations you want the benefit of the EV only mode.

The 392 Concept? Well, it remains a concept. As the PR answer goes, "We can't comment on future product" and that they are gauging customer interest. Maybe they'll build it, maybe they won't. My gut is on the latter based on what wasn't said and other cues. Who knows. It was still fun to have the keys thrown to me and told to rev the hell out of it. Half-doors are cool though huh? When I asked when we'd be able to buy them, everyone just kept laughing at me with the occasional "Soon, maybe". Take that for what it's worth.
Jeep Wrangler JL Spent some time with the Wrangler 4XE and Wrangler 392 Concept yesterday IMG_0338

Bonus RAM TRX and Grand Wagoner photos included.

If you have any specific questions about anything you see here, let me know. I have some pretty in-depth notes about the Wrangler 4XE and Grand Wagoneer.

Any idea when we'll be able to order a 4XE?

Sponsored

danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2003 Wranger TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
we're never going to see factory half doors, from these photos no attachment areas for the soft uppers...FCA what a tease.

Gazelle

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe ordered 11/6/20; delivered 5/13/21
Build Thread
Link
I've seen one article which shows the 4xe loses 4ft^3 of rear cargo space. Did the rear compartment seem any smaller than a "normal" JLU?

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Someone explain to me why half doors are cool?
I've never seen the allure of looking through an inevitably scratched up soft window.

And I can't help to chuckle a bit, whenever I read a comment about the window frame robbing from the open experience. To each their own. Just not my cup of tea.

DizzyIzzy

First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 AEV JL370 - Hellayella JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Wait what???.... You're literally sitting on top of the gigantic lithium battery packs and there's no protection between those things and your ass?

Jeep Wrangler JL Spent some time with the Wrangler 4XE and Wrangler 392 Concept yesterday giphy

nostatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JL Sport S PDN, '18 R1200GS Rallye
Occupation
chief bottle washer
Wait what???.... You're literally sitting on top of the gigantic lithium battery packs and there's no protection between those things and your ass?

Jeep Wrangler JL Spent some time with the Wrangler 4XE and Wrangler 392 Concept yesterday giphy
Its part of the "Seriously Cold Weather Package."

danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2003 Wranger TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I've never seen the allure of looking through an inevitably scratched up soft window.

And I can't help to chuckle a bit, whenever I read a comment about the window frame robbing from the open experience. To each their own. Just not my cup of tea.
well having them available is a bonus to the folks who want them, can never have too many factory options.

R3TRO

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Jeep Willys
Occupation
Film Industry
I'm quite disappointed with the Grand Wagoneer. Was hoping for a more retro/utilitarian look instead of ultra-modern/premium SUV. Who needs another $100K SUV on the road? And what's with the trend of giant center raised consoles? It literally looks like it takes up half the cabin giving the front passengers hardly any space even though the outside dimensions are enormous? Each side is sitting in a box completely separated from each other... I miss bench seats! Oh yeah, get off my lawn!!! :)
Sponsored