Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
We also have a fair amount of people who need a dictionary (I know I have to use one a lot, lol).
So far, you're the only one that occasionally causes me to open another page to reference Webster. Lol

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, TJ, 4Runner, Cummins tow rig, 2 Tube Frame Buggies, Lotus SC Elise, Mazda 3, RAV4 Hybrid
So far, you're the only one that occasionally causes me to open another page to reference Webster. Lol
You got me with one the other day; can't remember what it was now. :( :clap:

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Dumbest. Analogy. Ever.

Yeah, the vast, overwhelming majority of Wranglers are decidedly less capable offroad than buggies. ;) But don't let me interrupt your chugging of that sem...er, I mean kool-aid. :CWL:
I'm still drying the tears of laughter from reading this! :CWL::CWL::CWL::CWL::CWL::CWL::CWL:

:like::clap:

danzy55

First Name
Shane
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2003 Wranger TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
half doors were standard on all Wranglers up until 2007 with the launch of the JK. And available on the JK Sport and Rubicon as N/C door option. If you have never owned an older YJ, TJ with half doors that's ok, for us who have and still do they are quintessential Jeep. Unzipping windows may not be your thing. But nothing lost by FCA to offer them like they did on the JK as a N/C option when ordering or in the accessories catalog.

As for R&D time and money developing them.....please how much R&D time and money was thrown at the fold down windshield???? Is it cool I guess but I seriously doubt 1% of JL owners have ever did it let alone took a drive with it down unless you love catching stones and bugs in your face.

Offer it and for those who want them they will get them, other than that to each their own,

entropy

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Data Scientist
That's some wishful thinking (though I wish I could share your optimism). It took Jeep three years to straighten out the wandering steering issue.
***speculation***
I am pretty sure Jeep knew the solution to the steering issue, being on a lawsuit would have push them to install the new steering box in all 2018 and part of 2019 models sold, which I assume would have been cost prohibitive. It was much cheaper and easier to put a steering damper and wait it out until the 2021 model to slide the new steering box in.

The engineers working for Jeep can figure out a problem like that in days. And there was a lot of talk, back in 2018 about the steering box, word was out.

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, TJ, 4Runner, Cummins tow rig, 2 Tube Frame Buggies, Lotus SC Elise, Mazda 3, RAV4 Hybrid
***speculation***
I am pretty sure Jeep knew the solution to the steering issue, being on a lawsuit would have push them to install the new steering box in all 2018 and part of 2019 models sold, which I assume would have been cost prohibitive. It was much cheaper and easier to put a steering damper and wait it out until the 2021 model to slide the new steering box in.

The engineers working for Jeep can figure out a problem like that in days. And there was a lot of talk, back in 2018 about the steering box, word was out.
So much for the new, improved aluminum box......tried and true cast iron is the way to go.

Oncorhynchus

First Name
Moishe
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Sting Gray 3.6L
Webster’s he don’t mind but better not make him sniff your Funk & Wagnalls.

Oncorhynchus

First Name
Moishe
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Sting Gray 3.6L
half doors were standard on all Wranglers up until 2007 with the launch of the JK. And available on the JK Sport and Rubicon as N/C door option. If you have never owned an older YJ, TJ with half doors that's ok, for us who have and still do they are quintessential Jeep. Unzipping windows may not be your thing. But nothing lost by FCA to offer them like they did on the JK as a N/C option when ordering or in the accessories catalog.

As for R&D time and money developing them.....please how much R&D time and money was thrown at the fold down windshield???? Is it cool I guess but I seriously doubt 1% of JL owners have ever did it let alone took a drive with it down unless you love catching stones and bugs in your face.

Offer it and for those who want them they will get them, other than that to each their own,
If FCA productizes them then I assume they have to do full FMEA and safety testing whereas it’s largely caveat emptor for aftermarket doors.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S / GMC 1500AT 4x4
Vehicle Showcase

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-with-base-premium-uppers.59469/#post-1277275

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ya i dont like it. I like tube doors but half doors make no sense to me.
I'm starting to get it. It's really about the look more than anything from what I gather.

The 4 door, *to me*, just looks weird with no doors/no top. So much so that I probably would never take them off with the top off.

Now, with half doors and no top, it doesn't look that bad, but really it's not enough of a difference in terms of looks for me to be willing to fork over $4K to have the option verses just running the full door.

KevOh93

First Name
Kevin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Willys
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Industrial Mechanic
I'm starting to get it. It's really about the look more than anything from what I gather.

The 4 door, *to me*, just looks weird with no doors/no top. So much so that I probably would never take them off with the top off.

Now, with half doors and no top, it doesn't look that bad, but really it's not enough of a difference in terms of looks for me to be willing to fork over $4K to have the option verses just running the full door.
This is how i like to drive my jeep

C43DC49F-2915-4CD4-9193-D17790467A35.jpeg

Advertisement

WheelsASAP

Advertisement