Sponsored

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Those "Half Doors" kind of look like a Chop Job. Look at the plastic cap, over the top of them. No connections for a soft window, unless that large plastic cap comes off, and they dont look like they are meant to be removed. They might just be for show. @TXRubicon , have you seen it with the plastic windows in place??
Sponsored

danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2003 Wranger TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Those "Half Doors" kind of look like a Chop Job. Look at the plastic cap, over the top of them. No connections for a soft window, unless that large plastic cap comes off, and they dont look like they are meant to be removed. They might just be for show. @TXRubicon , have you seen it with the plastic windows in place??
I agree and noticed no attachment area for the soft uppers...cheap looking plastic INDEED. Needs a nice waterproof durable soft touch material.............but again kinda doubt they will ever build them. We're going into year 3 on the JL, should have been available since day one

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
I'm beginning to think Jeep is blowing smoke up our butts, with the 392 and the half doors. I think a lot of enthusiasts would love to see these concepts come true, but only time will tell. Perhaps they could give people a hard yes or no on these concepts.

Sydwaiz

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD, 73 CJ-5
1. Hows the seat of the pants feel on the 4XE? Any comparisons to the Ecodiesel?
2. How much cargo space is lost in the 4XE? Looks like the rear seats don't/can't fold forward.
3. Is that a road map on the roof window of the Grand Wagoneer? Is it just a sticker or what?

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2017 Tahoe LTZ
The grand wagoneer interior is sick. So sick. It looks like an electrical nightmare if something goes wrong but so cool.

I really like the exterior too. Our next 3 rower might be one vs a Tahoe. We have had 3 Tahoe’s over the past 12 years i we have loved everyone.

Sponsored

Bren

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Granite Crystal Rubicon 4XE
Can the 4xe run climate and lights off the big battery when parked (like Tesla's "Camping Mode")? Can the engine recharge the batteries to full or near full while driving? Both of these features are pretty key to the batteries being useful on trail.

Slumpbuster

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4xe Rubicon
Occupation
Air Traffic Controller
Half doors will sell like a MF, period. People up north might not get the use but a lot of us would be fine with just the doors, no uppers needed. That would cover 9 months for me.

4xe, I am excited. Pricing? The big question. Unless you plan on sleeping in the back the small loss of cargo space and not flat folding seats should not be a serious problem.

Slumpbuster

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4xe Rubicon
Occupation
Air Traffic Controller
After looking closer at that pic, I think the rear seats will fold to a 45* angle at best. Looks like the back will lay on the top of the folded bottoms.

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
And I can't help to chuckle a bit, whenever I read a comment about the window frame robbing from the open experience.
It does, man. Have you ever had half doors? It's a world of difference, in my opinion, especially when you're rolling with a soft top. The door frame on these puppies is a pretty chunky bit of material running all over the top half, and the way it makes the whole door stand out when the jeep has the whole top off looks dumb.

Sponsored

jdubya421

First Name
Jakob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2-Door MT V6
Build Thread
Link
I agree and noticed no attachment area for the soft uppers...cheap looking plastic INDEED. Needs a nice waterproof durable soft touch material.............but again kinda doubt they will ever build them. We're going into year 3 on the JL, should have been available since day one
I am really looking forward to Motobilt half doors. The teasers they have posted look GOOD.

Oncorhynchus

First Name
Moishe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Sting Gray 3.6L
After looking closer at that pic, I think the rear seats will fold to a 45* angle at best. Looks like the back will lay on the top of the folded bottoms.
wondering the same thing. a quick release rather than partial tilt of the seat backs would be better way to go IMHO.

OP
OP
TXRubicon

TXRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR, '23 Porsche Cayman GTS
1. Hows the seat of the pants feel on the 4XE? Any comparisons to the Ecodiesel?
2. How much cargo space is lost in the 4XE? Looks like the rear seats don't/can't fold forward.
3. Is that a road map on the roof window of the Grand Wagoneer? Is it just a sticker or what?
No driving impressions yet. Media drives will be held closer to launch. Rear seats fold forwards but on top of the seat bottoms so not completely flat. Cargo space is about the same as in the normal Wrangler. Little bit of loss but not much. Wagoneer roof is a one-off glass roof with a map of Detroit on it to pay homage to the builders and the brand heritage.

Half doors will sell like a MF, period. People up north might not get the use but a lot of us would be fine with just the doors, no uppers needed. That would cover 9 months for me.

4xe, I am excited. Pricing? The big question. Unless you plan on sleeping in the back the small loss of cargo space and not flat folding seats should not be a serious problem.
Pricing will be announced in Q1

That's correct.

OP
OP
TXRubicon

TXRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR, '23 Porsche Cayman GTS
I'm not going to quote off the record comments, but there's enough there to make my gut say it's not going to happen. I could be wrong of course, but that's my gut feeling.

Can you give a couple of specific examples that make you think the V8 will not be produced?
-Asking for a friend...