First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I built my own but found the jumper cable bags work really well for it so you might try that.
Sponsored

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Snazzberry)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Using the same source of air, it'll take the same time to air up all 4 at once as it would doing 1 at a time.
Well, burst my bubble. LOL

This was next on my list for preparing for my June trip to Moab>Rubicon.

#sigh

Col_Sanders

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Well, burst my bubble. LOL

This was next on my list for preparing for my June trip to Moab>Rubicon.

#sigh
Casey250 in youtube did a video comparing airing up all 4 at once vs each tire individually. 4 at once was only slightly faster, but convenience was the big advantage. I know when airing up with my viair, I have to shut off the compressor to get an accurate reading. On the rear tires that usually involves a few trips back and forth to the front and rear of the Jeep to shut off the compressor then check the gauge. This would prevent the need for those trips.

Gorilla57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito
Airing up 4 tires at once is actually easier on the compressor since head pressure will be less. This will allow the compressor to put out a bit more CFM than if it did 1 tire at a time. I have a digital gauge on my 4 tire setup and it reads 3PSI high during airing up than what the tire actually sees. When I use the same system to air up just one tire, it will read about 12PSI higher than what the tire sees. Not a bunch, but it's enough to slow down the CFM a bit per the pump specs. Supposedly (as I read this online), a standard valve core will allow 4.5 CFM of air flow. The ARB can put out 6.16 CFM at 0PSI and 4.68 CFM at 29PSI.

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Snazzberry)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Casey250 in youtube did a video comparing airing up all 4 at once vs each tire individually. 4 at once was only slightly faster, but convenience was the big advantage. I know when airing up with my viair, I have to shut off the compressor to get an accurate reading. On the rear tires that usually involves a few trips back and forth to the front and rear of the Jeep to shut off the compressor then check the gauge. This would prevent the need for those trips.
I have an ARB dual compressor mounted under the passenger seat. I moved this to my 2022 list.

Sponsored

brewski

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-diesel
I designed something like that a couple years ago and never did anything with it. Wish I had. Mine is nicer (IMO) because I machined a slider value and all. Theirs is basically what I made to prove the concept would work. Down was OFF and up towards the gauge was ON. Timed myself and deflation and inflation was faster than ARB value core remover or doing individual tires by a couple minutes; which is a lot for something that only takes 8-10min to do.

CF138454-193A-4F60-AF0B-3BFC10C97340.jpeg

9896092D-4679-49F7-95BC-B3BA106AEC14.jpeg

8770FCBC-0D4A-4689-9D97-17B91E9E9E72.jpeg

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
Mine is faster than individually airing up/down. The biggest benefit is the convenience (and it makes all 4 tires same pressure). Used it quite a few times and it is worth it.

spenat

First Name
nat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 sting grey JLUR
Clubs

Ordered my speedflate last monday, It showed up thursday and used it monday.

I got ordered the attachments for the smitybuilt compressor and the schrader valves.

Used it with my smitybuilt compressor. Didnt overhead and seemed to save me time.

This thing is great. two thumbs up !
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.