First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Been using the heck out of mine!
417C0B64-58D1-41AF-81B0-A9CC1AA72F3E.jpeg
Hey @Speedflate I’m currently looking for a better bag for the system. I was thinking something like a tool bag that has a large opening that stays open. If you come up with an upgraded bag for an option, please let us know here. I’d buy one in a second.
I’m currently working on that. Trying to find an affordable option has been a bit of a challenge.
Sponsored

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
It may have been said but looking at the actual air down times for say 35psi to 15psi on a 4-tire system on 35" tires?

What is rough air back up time?

OP
OP
av8or

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx-retired
It may have been said but looking at the actual air down times for say 35psi to 15psi on a 4-tire system on 35" tires?

I don’t remember the air down time, but the air up time With a CO2 tank from 12-33 psi on a set of 35s is just under two and a half minutes. The air down time is pretty fast too..

Speedflate

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR

Yeah air up times will depend on your air source. Should be pretty quick with a twin ARB. I’ll try and get you some accurate numbers. I have a vehicle on 35s that I can test.

Reactions: J0E

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
Yeah air up times will depend on your air source. Should be pretty quick with a twin ARB. I’ll try and get you some accurate numbers. I have a vehicle on 35s that I can test.
Understood and thanks.

Main question is airdown time.

I was going to order yesterday but saw that freight was over $25. Why so expensive?

Sponsored

Speedflate

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Understood and thanks.

Main question is airdown time.

I was going to order yesterday but saw that freight was over $25. Why so expensive?
Gotcha, I’ll time it out with the 35s and report back.

The shipping cost is automatically calculated through UPS or USPS. We are located in California so I’m assuming your on or close to the east coast? That would be why the shipping is high

OP
OP
av8or

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx-retired
Air down is about the same, once hooked up it’s about 3 minutes.

Vinman

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I have the ARB twin and it takes exactly 2-1/2 minutes each to air up my 315/70R17 KO2’s from 12 psi to 36 psi.. Thats using a 3/8” air hose

Alamein.sajib

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Firecracker RED JLUR
Hi TJ,

I just send you a message, but though i put the question here too, I have a Wrangler JLUR here in down under and use a single ARB compressor for my tyre inflation system. Just saw your Speedflate system and its the perfect item i need for my upcoming project for 4 tyre inflation/deflation system.

As mentioned earlier, i have a Single ARB compressor installed under the hood and got the air hose plumbed in front Bar, see attached photo. I have just placed an order for ARB Pressure Control system. With this system you can inflate and deflate your tyres automatically from the phone/bluetooth just by setting the target PSI for inflation or deflation.

Tyre Accessories | ARB 4x4 Accessories

And your 4 tyre hose system will be perfect match for my project to go along with the compressor and the ARB Pressure control system. I got few question for you through:

1. Do you ship to Australia? (or will you consider shipping to Australia)?

2. I am trying to keep the hose and connection small and as simple as possible and wont need the Digital Pressure gauge (as i will control/monitor through the ARB pressure system). Now if i remove the Pressure Gauge from the 4 way T-connection will it work? or can you make a T-connection without the Pressure Gauge?

3. Will the T connector directly fit into my ARB air chuck outlet? see attached photo, or will i need an additional hose/connector?

4. My on board Air Check outlet is installed on the USA Driver side of the front bar, so one side of hose need to be slightly longer while another need to be slightly shorter for my 4 Door Wrangler JL, will you be able to accommodate this request?

Thank you very much for reading my long message and appreciate any help you can provide.

Cheers
Al

1607735537131.png

1607735572454.png

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
I have the ARB twin and it takes exactly 2-1/2 minutes each to air up my 315/70R17 KO2’s from 12 psi to 36 psi.. Thats using a 3/8” air hose
Is there much difference using a 1/4" hose vs 3/8"?

Sponsored

Vinman

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Were all your connectors and such 3/8 as well?
1/4” connectors worked fine. I know it doesn’t make sense as the usual thought is the entire system is only as good as the tightest restriction but air flow doesn’t work that way.

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
1/4” connectors worked fine. I know it doesn’t make sense as the usual thought is the entire system is only as good as the tightest restriction but air flow doesn’t work that way.

As great as the Speedflate system is, the caveman in me wanted to make it myself. Used the (non-coiled) 3/8 hose and 1/4 fittings. Cost about $120 in materials (bought high quality hose and fittings/gage) and about 30 minutes. I used the same chucks as Speedflate - which work great instead of the more expensive ones. The only issue is with the valve stem being recessed in the AEV wheel, the chuck hits the side and will probably scrape paint after a while.

Times do not include the actual set-up or tear down time.
Airdown (35 to 15psi): 3mins
Airup (15-37psi to turn sensor off and then back down to 34): 13.5mins with crappy $80 compressor. I have a new ARB coming Thursday and will mount. This should cut the inflate time down.

Thanks Speedflate for the inspiration. Based on the materials and labor I put in, Speedflate is an excellent deal if you are in the market for a prebuilt system. (His craftsmanship looks much better than mine) :like:

Riverduck

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Security Contractor (Retired Military)
Love the system but those bag strings can be annoying!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.