First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Billet JLUR, ‘20 Mustang GT/Prem/6MT/PP1
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
I received my Speedflate set-up Thursday Of last week. Used it on a run into Elbow Canyon, Arizona this past Saturday and Burro Wash, Nevada this past Wednesday.

The SF set-up workEd better than I had anticipated in combination with my #10 PowerTank.

I also carry a Viair 400P, as a backup. I have tested the SF and Viair airing up 2 tires at once and it works great. Will need to see if the noted Viair can handle 4 ties at once.

Very pleased with the quality of the components and fit and finish of this SF set-up.

7E78E8A7-B0E7-4FF8-913D-8CE250FA55A3.jpeg
Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
I air down to about 15 lbs and back up to 30 lbs on my 35" Ridge Grapplers. I'm getting the two tire set up rather than all four. Thinking I may fill my spare tire (35") to 50 PSI.....and use the dual line and my spare to re-air one of my rear tires. Then use my Smitty compressor to fill my fronts. Then fill the remaining rear tire with the Smitty. Meanwhile.....I repack the dual line.....and then the compressor.

I'm not sure how much to fill the spare......but with a little trial and error I should arrive at the right fill to do one tire......and save some compressor time. Anyone do this? Advice on fill level?

That sounds like the most complicated air up in history... LOL ;)

Foggy47

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, billet silver w/ 1 touch sky top. Honda Ridgeline for gentleman's pickup needs.
Occupation
Retired with hobbies. Golf, Fishing, Hunting, Sploring
That sounds like the most complicated air up in history... LOL ;)

LOL.....yeah....maybe. But it sounds more complicated than it is. Also saves on overheating my compressor and waiting for it to cool down for the last tire (which is what typically happens with these low-cost compressors). I'm kinda limping by on that Smitty Built for now. Time will tell.....but that spare should be good for a quick fill on one tire.

If I go for all four tires on that Smitty Built Compressor......I't gonna be iffy.....and will need a couple cool downs.

Speedflate

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Using the spare as an way to fill one of your tires is a good idea to save some time.

Also, I wanted to get this out there for any one ordering. I am waiting on manifolds to come back from being milled. My machinist got COVID. I was already supposed to have them but this caused a delay. They are claiming I should see them next week but it could be up to two weeks before I can ship systems. I apologize for the delay. Things should be back to normal soon.

I do have enough manifolds to ship out 3 more 2x systems so if your looking at one of those and are one of the next three to order I can have that shipped out the next day after you order.

Also @Andy2434 I’m glad your liking the system and that it exceeded your expectations. If you happen to have any photos of the system hooked up to your rig send them my way to [email protected] or tag us on Instagram!

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I just recently pulled the trigger on an ARB twin air compressor with the optional stainless hose and manifold package from Northridge. It also comes with the MORE cargo area mount, hose kit, and ez inflator. I added a tire repair kit, ez deflator, and a spare hose kit to the order.

My ocd likes the idea of all the tires being at the exact same pressure, but a lot of the other equalize kits use under hood mounts for their guage and air line hookups. I like that the Speedflate uses an inline guage that can be held while sitting in the back. And it all gets stowed in a small package. After checking out his YouTube video, I decided to order the 4 tire kit. Looks like I'll have more than just a spare hose kit as a backup. Lol! Looking forward to testing it out soon.

Sponsored

Speedflate

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Here we have a customer who modified his 4x system to have the main manifold by the door. He airs up all four 37" tires in under 5 minutes with a twin ARB in the video.

Speedflate

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
I just added a few adapters to the website. For those with a Smittybilt or similar compressor and you want to adapt the hose to work with Speedflate and anything else using standard air fittings. You have the cut the hose and install the barb and hose clamp, it only takes a few minutes.

The second adapter is a schrader valve adapter. This adapter allows you to use your hose with out having to cut anything and for example would let you use your Speedflate system at any gas station compressor.

Smittybilt (Hose barb) adapter
Schrader Valve Adapter

DavidG

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
Somewhat un-related to your original thread but TOTALLY stealing this idea from your photo...
Jeep Wrangler JL Speedflate air up/down system is legit! pi

Speedflate

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Shipping update! Just heard from the machine shop. Should have manifolds this week so ALL current orders should be going out late this week or early next. All new orders should be shipping pretty quick as well.

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
That's smart, wish I'd seen this post before I ordered parts from AMZ to do the same thing.

I just added a few adapters to the website. For those with a Smittybilt or similar compressor and you want to adapt the hose to work with Speedflate and anything else using standard air fittings. You have the cut the hose and install the barb and hose clamp, it only takes a few minutes.

The second adapter is a schrader valve adapter. This adapter allows you to use your hose with out having to cut anything and for example would let you use your Speedflate system at any gas station compressor.

Smittybilt (Hose barb) adapter
Schrader Valve Adapter

Sponsored

Hip2u77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine: '14 JKUR, Hers: '18 JLUR
Best of luck. I've been building ones for use with small compressors since 2008 for myself and friends. Started with cheap ends and hose and moved up to better stuff. (There's a thread about it on the first popular JK forum.) The profit was too low to make it worth my while.

I originally built it simply because I got tired of standing outside airing up/down in the winter time. With the MV-50 I could air up factory 32s on the JKURs from 18-37psi in about 12-13 minutes and never leave the warmth of the cab.

I like Flexzilla for cold weather use. And I've also made quite a few using Flexeel.

Here's one I made for a friend in 2014. Mine are made to keep the hoses disconnected from the manifold until you're ready to air up / down. You grab one bundle and hook it to the rear, to the front and set the female coupler on the front bumper, repeat for the other side and then hook both up to the manifold. Open the ball valve to air down and air is blown away from your face. It's made to use as a 2 or 4 tire with a removeable quick connect for regular Milton M-style ends or portable compressors. Only takes a couple minutes to hook up and doesn't take up anymore room than a 30ft recovery strap.

IMAG1132 (Small).jpg

IMAG1134 (Small).jpg

Reactions: J0E
Status
Not open for further replies.