Vehicle Showcase

Speedflate

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
@Speedflate I'm glad you piped up on here, I want to say thank you for getting back to me personally so quickly when I emailed a coupe days ago. I'm glad to have the opportunity to support a small up and coming business. From your video and explanation it seems like a pretty solid set-up. I've ordered the 2 wheel version and can't wait to put it through the works! I was curious if you have any plans to make or know how to make this adapt to a Japan Nitto style fitting? Unfortunately with the different thread pattern I cant just replace the male fitting on the compressor itself (ask me how I know).

Again thanks', keep up the hard work, and no matter how successful you get don't forget about the customer!

-John (Order #82)
Hey John,

Check your email. I have a solution for this that I think you will like.

Last edited:
Reactions: J0E

Speedflate

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Seems like this would be kind of bulky to carry around, and space in the JLU's is at a premium? I bought an air compressor that has an auto stop feature at whatever pressure I preset it too, it's pretty compact. I don't have beadlock tires and don't deflate/inflate for trail riding, so my needs are probably a lot different from those that do. Just my 2 cents worth.
Yeah you will want to air down for any off roading. It makes the Jeep ride so much smoother! The bag is actually pretty small and fits under most seats. In my JT it fits under the rear seat or behind it as well. If you put it in the back properly in the bag it can be as small as 10" x 12" x 4 or 5" and the 2 tire version is even more compact.

Jabarsetti

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ret. USAF
Vehicle Showcase
Hey John,

Check your email. I have a solution for this that I think you like.
Awesome, can't wait to see. I can't check my Gmail at work (DoD doesn't let us). But I'll get to it this afternoon!

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
Side note: You don't need beadlocks to deflate. A standard rim can have the tire taken down to 15 psi with no problems. Airing down isn't just for rock crawling, it's also recommended for trail riding. You want your tire to have a larger foot print for stability and traction and by letting the air out you also soften up the sidewall so that when you rub against rocks or tree roots you are less likely to damage the tire.
Plus, on top of all that , it's a MUCH more comfortable ride. Nothing like being aired down and disconnected (sway bar) and bombing through some forest trails :)
I probably should consider doing that the next time I take horse Creek Trail in Chuckey Tennessee, it’s quite bouncy lol

Sponsored

Foggy47

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, billet silver w/ 1 touch sky top. Honda Ridgeline for gentleman's pickup needs.
Occupation
Retired with hobbies. Golf, Fishing, Hunting, Sploring
I like the looks of this set up. I appreciate the manifold having a self contained pressure gauge....which the ohers do not have. Seems like a good set-up to me. I do think doing two tires at a time seems to b adequate for my needs and would prevent so much hose "stringing". Likely the same time......or thereabouts. Well done.

I had a question about connection to a Smitty Built Compressor and he addressed it quite quickly. I placed an order tonight. I believe he is now offering an option for the Smitty Built (Japanese) quick coupler.....but I think I am going to convert my compressor to the Milton or Lincoln q.c. as that will work with other gear I have. Decided to pull the trigger and figure it out when I get it . Grin.

I believe Speedflate is covering all the bases for a start-up company....and I think this is gonna be a time saver for me.

Last edited:

Jabarsetti

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ret. USAF
Vehicle Showcase
For those that are on the fence, let me give this plug. I have no affiliations to Speedflate but from my understanding TJ the owner is running this all on his own with the help of his wife. I plan on reviewing this for those wondering and also to provide feedback, I am an "avg Joe" offroader so I won't be a n"expert" but who really is, the price of this is far cheaper than the competitors I've seen and honestly I didn't want to mess with figuring a similar set-up out.

My checklist when buying products:

product - looks great, seams well thought out and solid(more to come when received)

Delivery - I ordered yesterday and it has already shipped and expected on the 6th.

Customer Service - From what I've experienced with my email interactions with Speedflate (TJ), the customer service has been excellent so far he's also gone the extra mile to help me with my Nitto style fitting issue on my compressor. He's answered emails quickly and became a rock sponsor to advertise his product to the some of the most product abusive groups (we play hard, right), he's answered questions and concerns with sincere answers.

For a new company he has his crap together! So Speedflate has earned my dollars and only time will tell but I believe with the effort he's put into this product it will be successful.

Jeep4Win

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
I’m curious to how the line holds up to high temperatures or hot air produced by the air compressor @Speedflate

Speedflate

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
I’m curious to how the line holds up to high temperatures or hot air produced by the air compressor @Speedflate
The hoses are rated from -30 to 150 degrees Fahrenheit. I have not noticed any issues related to heat in my testing and no customers have reported any such issues.

I know some of these compressors get pretty hot. My old compressor (Masterflow MF1050) before I got my twin ARB ran very hot and still worked with no issues. The air cools down quite a bit by the time it gets to the Speedflate manifold if you are using a provided hose with your compressor.

What compressor are you currently running?

-TJ

Last edited:

Jeep4Win

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
What compressor are you currently running?

-TJ
My old compressor recently bit the dust. On the market for a new one and currently have my eyes on two. Either the Harbor Freight 12V 150 PSI Compact or the Viair 400P Automatic Portable.

Sponsored

eck

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU MOAB HellaYella
Harbor Freight 12V 150 PSI Compact
I have this, it does a decent job for the price. I have 35s that I air up from 15 to 32 psi, it can do it in about 10 minutes. However if it's somewhat hot outside (about 80-85F+) it always overheats in the middle of the 4th tire and shuts down. By the time it cools enough to fire up again, it ends up taking double the amount of time to air up as it should. Also the battery lead wires are rather thin and get ridiculously hot. It gives me a bad feeling.

I recently installed the ARB single to replace it but haven't used it enough yet to form an opinion.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
I know they are stoooopid expensive but man Powertanks are AMAZING. If you can fit it in your budget you won't regret it. We air up from around 10psi to 26psi on BOTH Jeeps in around 8-10 mins.
The irony is they don't get hot... they actually freeze the hose and produce frost on it.

I do have a little Viair compressor and when I used that I would take a bottle of water and every few mins pour just a little bit over the head of the compressor to help keep it cool. Sometimes it would be so hot it would sizzle.

eck

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU MOAB HellaYella
I do have a little Viair compressor and when I used that I would take a bottle of water and every few mins pour just a little bit over the head of the compressor to help keep it cool. Sometimes it would be so hot it would sizzle.
The Harbor Freight compressor has the power switch located right underneath the air outlet, which of course is ridiculously hot. I burn myself every damn time. One would think I would have learned my lesson by now, but nope, never fails.

Speedflate

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
@Jeep4Win I have a few customers running the Viair 400P with good results. The Harbor Freight one sounds similar to my old compressor from what @eck is saying. I'm glad I upgraded to the ARB though after using my old one for a few years.

@mgroeger Yeah a Powertank is the fastest way to air up all four tires for sure. Very popular option with our systems as well. The picture below is one of our first customers. He is able to leave the Powertank attached to the roll bar and put the main manifold at the back of his Jeep. Says he gets all four tires aired up before his buddies can do one.

IMG_9951.JPG

Foggy47

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, billet silver w/ 1 touch sky top. Honda Ridgeline for gentleman's pickup needs.
Occupation
Retired with hobbies. Golf, Fishing, Hunting, Sploring
I air down to about 15 lbs and back up to 30 lbs on my 35" Ridge Grapplers. I'm getting the two tire set up rather than all four. Thinking I may fill my spare tire (35") to 50 PSI.....and use the dual line and my spare to re-air one of my rear tires. Then use my Smitty compressor to fill my fronts. Then fill the remaining rear tire with the Smitty. Meanwhile.....I repack the dual line.....and then the compressor.

I'm not sure how much to fill the spare......but with a little trial and error I should arrive at the right fill to do one tire......and save some compressor time. Anyone do this? Advice on fill level?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.