First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx-retired
I bought this https://www.speedflate.com/ a couple weeks ago and really like it, so I thought I’d go ahead and give it a plug.
08A27ED3-CC18-45DC-B3CC-0DE940D19B0D.jpeg

First thing was to give it a pressure test.
79F2FAA1-75F0-4365-B6A0-88FAFAC1A921.jpeg

After 15 minutes. I can live with that!
A1AEDFC6-B5AD-4D1F-95AF-65DC8394BD96.jpeg

After a couple uses now I don’t think I want to go back to the old way.
And when I get my CO2 setup......yeehaw.
DFEEC466-EFE5-490E-8A37-C64E079D960A.jpeg
Sponsored

mjaga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sting Grey
How'd you get one?! They aren't even on sale yet! You must got a guy

Jabarsetti

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ret. USAF
Vehicle Showcase
LOL, I'm stalking you from your Powertank post! whats your air up/down time with it?

OP
OP
av8or

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
FedEx-retired
How'd you get one?! They aren't even on sale yet! You must got a guy
I just got lucky I guess. I did order very early, order number was 31.

Sponsored

OP
OP
av8or

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
FedEx-retired
LOL, I'm stalking you from your Powertank post! whats your air up/down time with it?
Right now terrible as I haven’t got a Powertank yet.

Dave928

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 03 Silverado, 88 Porsche 928 S4
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
I’ve had this in the back of my mind for a few months now and was going to build my own, bit think I’ll just buy there’s now. You could probly put one together for less but this saves the trouble.

OP
OP
av8or

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
FedEx-retired
I’ve had this in the back of my mind for a few months now and was going to build my own, bit think I’ll just buy there’s now. You could probly put one together for less but this saves the trouble.
Report back what you think. The quality of the parts seems to be very high. Everything swivels and no leaks.

Reactions: J0E

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Can you get pictures of the tire chucks and T block at the front tires?

SmoothJeepOperator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler Sport
Very cool. How does it connect to the air chuck coming from a compressor? Some comparisons in air up and down times between this and the 1 tire at a time method would good to see. Would a single arb compressor work with it?

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Very cool. How does it connect to the air chuck coming from a compressor? Some comparisons in air up and down times between this and the 1 tire at a time method would good to see. Would a single arb compressor work with it?
Using the same source of air, it'll take the same time to air up all 4 at once as it would doing 1 at a time.

ARB says the single air compressor is rated for up to a 35" tire. It's got a 50% duty cycle, so it should be perfectly fine for your needs. The only problem I can foresee, is airing up multiple vehicles back to back. It doesn't have the 100% duty cycle of the twin air, due to an integrated cooling fan.

I just pulled the trigger on a full on board system. Here's some specs from ARB.
Jeep Wrangler JL Speedflate air up/down system is legit! Screenshot_20200930-081126_CM Browser
Jeep Wrangler JL Speedflate air up/down system is legit! Screenshot_20200930-081258_CM Browser

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

I’ve been thinking about building one of these, but simply grabbing one of these seems like a no brainer.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
This product seems to be a huge winner to me. The price looks spot-on reasonable too.

but, how does it work? This looks like the hoses are “daisy chained’...... how does one use it to get the pressures correct on all 4 tires .... both inflate and deflate? wont all of the air go to the first 2 tires?

as you can see, I no physics professor.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I’ve been thinking about building one of these, but simply grabbing one of these seems like a no brainer.
It's really cheap and easy to do yourself with parts of Amazon. And you can go with nice stainless fittings and good valve chucks for still less money.

This is why I asked for pictures of those ends as my BOM to build a speedflate is under $100

Yellow Cake Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
....but, how does it work? This looks like the hoses are “daisy chained’...... how does one use it to get the pressures correct on all 4 tires .... both inflate and deflate.
When you connect all the tires together, they tend to self equalize across the system. They would tend to do that with or without the addition, or release of pressure from an external influence. The tire with the highest pressure will dump the surplus into the system until the tire with the lowest pressure rises to place the system in a state of equilibrium. There are a few fluid dynamic details that may complicate the matter but the system is very simple and the tendency to reach equilibrium will more or less overwhelm any of those minor considerations.

The action of pumping air in to the system distributes the pressure evenly, and the action of releasing pressure is also equalized.

The concept is much like that which was employed in braking systems prior to the advent of extraneous controls such as ABS etc. to insure that left and right braking was matched, and front to rear was balanced.

The concept is also very similar to the ideas that construction crews, such as the ancient Egyptians have used when employing water level devices, for thousands of years.

The patent pending claim that a conglomeration of off-the-self parts can be submitted as an advancement of a prior art seems disingenuous, although having the 4 way manifolds etched with a brand name logo does seem like some sort of an accomplishment.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.