Speaker replacement upgrade

Kidcia

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler jl
ive been waiting on this upgrade for about 5 months now. Since i first saw the jk model in person! Heres the american soundbar jl model! They kicked it up a notch from the jk adding another tweeter!

3565ED00-08B6-4CB4-B636-1CC2968337C3.png
Sponsored

jeeplaw

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Dodge Charger Daytona, 2019 JLUR
Love the concept, but the sound engineer in me is wondering where the hell all that volume of air is coming from to allow those 8"s to properly perform?? Don't get me wrong, I love overkill but does it actually sound good in performance? Are those things really midbass drivers?

Kidcia

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler jl
Love the concept, but the sound engineer in me is wondering where the hell all that volume of air is coming from to allow those 8"s to properly perform?? Don't get me wrong, I love overkill but does it actually sound good in performance? Are those things really midbass drivers?
Its so loud you wouldnt notice the difference. Sounds like a live concert and at 15 out of 30 its hard to sit in The back seat and thats in the jk. This has 2 more bullet tweeters so im assuming its going to be somewhat louder. But ds18 and american soundbar make them. What you put in them are shallow mounts that dont need a huge box and massive amounts of air to perform.

Kidcia

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler jl
So idk if this helps. But i know jl audio hits pretty hard with any of the speakers ive tried. Pioneer aswell. So this shallow sub only needs about .5-.6 cubic ft of air in a shallow box. Its just the wave of the future.

E145AB77-7B86-49C2-8EB3-AC0B4EC3B311.jpg

DA32E60D-CFD8-48FD-A78B-AFE09967F06C.jpg

002AF35D-B129-423F-A020-8248DB5B2090.jpg

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
So idk if this helps. But i know jl audio hits pretty hard with any of the speakers ive tried. Pioneer aswell. So this shallow sub only needs about .5-.6 cubic ft of air in a shallow box. Its just the wave of the future.

Jeep Wrangler JL Speaker replacement upgrade 002AF35D-B129-423F-A020-8248DB5B2090

Jeep Wrangler JL Speaker replacement upgrade 002AF35D-B129-423F-A020-8248DB5B2090

Oh snap! Is anyone running the JL?! Love JL products!

Sponsored

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
They will not fit the 2 door. Which is why this isnt an option. Its jlu only. If it fit id have 2 plus my speaker!
I know it isn't listed to fit the 2-door, but I want to know why. Is it because it's incompatible with the the rear seat, or is there some sort of actual mounting point that's different in the 2-door? Obviously the upper roll-bar is different, but it looks like the wheel well & rear interior paneling are identical.

2-door without rear seat:
Jeep Wrangler JL Speaker replacement upgrade 1602776631681

4-door
Jeep Wrangler JL Speaker replacement upgrade 1602776850395

93civEJ1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
So.....I dont have a JL, but close enough. I am driving a JT with the 7" screen but non alpine stuff.
I think the sound kind of sucks in mine compared to what I am used to in other vehicles. Id like to have a little more "umph" of everything.

Im not ready to go all in, but would like to do a basic upgrade to get a little better sound and volume.

Is there a direct speaker swap that wont break the bank and just swap right in and give a small improvement without changing anything else?

If other things are required such as adding an amp, what is the most basic and easy way to do a small amp footprint to get the gains for a "little more"?

I read over all of the pages, but have seen so many brands and part numbers etc that I dont know what just the barebones cheap small easy upgrade would be.

Sponsored

Kidcia

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler jl
So.....I dont have a JL, but close enough. I am driving a JT with the 7" screen but non alpine stuff.
I think the sound kind of sucks in mine compared to what I am used to in other vehicles. Id like to have a little more "umph" of everything.

Im not ready to go all in, but would like to do a basic upgrade to get a little better sound and volume.

Is there a direct speaker swap that wont break the bank and just swap right in and give a small improvement without changing anything else?

If other things are required such as adding an amp, what is the most basic and easy way to do a small amp footprint to get the gains for a "little more"?

I read over all of the pages, but have seen so many brands and part numbers etc that I dont know what just the barebones cheap small easy upgrade would be.
Kicker might be your cheapest bet. And under the passenger seat 4 channel is possible. Probably looking at 300 give or take. Just a little umph is easy enough for kicker, pioneer, jbl. But your going to get exactly that. A little umoh. Id suggest waiting. And going all out so you dont spend twice and you get what you really want. Go on crutchfield and see what there proces look like and reviews. But no one can tell you what sounds good to you.

Kidcia

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler jl
I know it isn't listed to fit the 2-door, but I want to know why. Is it because it's incompatible with the the rear seat, or is there some sort of actual mounting point that's different in the 2-door? Obviously the upper roll-bar is different, but it looks like the wheel well & rear interior paneling are identical.

2-door without rear seat:
1602776631681.png

4-door
1602776850395.png
The rear seat would be the issue. As this speaker location requires you to drill a small whole in the rear wheel well then mount it directly between the wheel well and the rear seat. Good thing about a 4 door is you can have 2. But i did not see this working for me at all. My 2 door is often carrying 4-5 ppl. Thats why its for 4 doors. With the seat in place it would be ontop of the speaker. Look up lightbritestudios youtube on the stepchild! They have a full jl audio install video.

93civEJ1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
Kicker might be your cheapest bet. And under the passenger seat 4 channel is possible. Probably looking at 300 give or take. Just a little umph is easy enough for kicker, pioneer, jbl. But your going to get exactly that. A little umoh. Id suggest waiting. And going all out so you dont spend twice and you get what you really want. Go on crutchfield and see what there proces look like and reviews. But no one can tell you what sounds good to you.
are you just speaking of an amp? or speakers as well? Which Kicker are you thinking of?

Kidcia

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler jl
are you just speaking of an amp? or speakers as well? Which Kicker are you thinking of?
Kicker speakers. They have replacement speakers for the jl just like jl audio and alpine. I just hear there not the biggest upgrade. And you could get any amp. I have a ds18 4 channel candy amp and it only takes up a about 9 inches under my seat and about 5 inches wide. I could probably fot 2-3 of them. Cant say its the greatest amp but its perfect for a small install. https://ds18.com/products/candy-compact-full-range-class-d-4-channel-amplifier-1600-watts
Sponsored