Sparks while installing Mopar Wiring Harness

duke114

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
I installed the Mopar wiring harness and during installation the power harness came into contact with metal and sparked (twice). I had the wires taped up but I guess the tape came off. Nonetheless, everything is hooked up and no power to receiver. I am thinking there is a fuse in the power harness that blew. Before I start taking it apart, does this sound like the problem and does anyone know if there is a fuse in the power harness near the fuse box where I connected it?
Sponsored

Jasper519

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I installed the Mopar wiring harness and during installation the power harness came into contact with metal and sparked (twice). I had the wires taped up but I guess the tape came off. Nonetheless, everything is hooked up and no power to receiver. I am thinking there is a fuse in the power harness that blew. Before I start taking it apart, does this sound like the problem and does anyone know if there is a fuse in the power harness near the fuse box where I connected it?
I’m not sure if there is or not. Not even sure which harness you installed... towing, aux switches, etc...

But from here on out, if you’re doing electrical work, I’d suggest always disconnecting the batteries until the install is complete. That will prevent the lines from shorting out as you’re running wires. Good luck on the repair.