Sponsored

Spark Plugs

rjrubi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
So I was cleaning up the engine bay today on my JLUR inspecting things and began to look at the coil packs. I know our JLs are too new to need plugs but as I was looking at the block it appears that the plugs on the driver side are going to be a PIA to replace looks like you might need to remove part of the intake just to get to the plugs. I never owned the JK so not sure if it’s the same set up. The 392 Hemi plugs in my Scatpack seem easier to replace than in the JL. Anyway food for thought down the road.
Sponsored

RMojitoJL

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon *Mojito*, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude, 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Occupation
Loan Officer
Vehicle Showcase
So I was cleaning up the engine bay today on my JLUR inspecting things and began to look at the coil packs. I know our JLs are too new to need plugs but as I was looking at the block it appears that the plugs on the driver side are going to be a PIA to replace looks like you might need to remove part of the intake just to get to the plugs. I never owned the JK so not sure if it’s the same set up. The 392 Hemi plugs in my Scatpack seem easier to replace than in the JL. Anyway food for thought down the road.
I haven't looked at the JLU yet, mine is on order. But my Charger Hellcat was a PITA for 2-3 plugs for sure.

Litfuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport, 2019 Ram 1500, 2017 Audi Q5.
About anything other than an in-line four cylinder is a pain in the butt to change plugs. Talk about pain, talk to Subaru owners or F-150 owners with the 5.4 Triton motor.

unixfool

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU - Sting Gray 2.0L Hard Top Wrangler Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
talk to Subaru owners or F-150 owners with the 5.4 Triton motor.
I owned my 2011 STI seven years (only 45K miles when I traded it), and I'm VERY glad I didn't get to the point where I needed to change the plugs. I know where they are located and wasn't looking forward to messing with them. If you pay someone to do it, it ain't going to be cheap, either...gonna have to pay for labor time since it'll take awhile for a tech to get to them. That's probably one of the few things I hate about flat-4s.
Sponsored