Sponsored

Spare with different offset

bills742

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 Porsche Carrera T, 2016 VW Golf R, 2015 Porsche GT3, 2008 BMW M3, 2000 BMW 323Ci
Hello,

There is a particular wheel that I like which has been discontinued in the offset that I want. I can get four of them. The question is whether any harm can be done by running the spare should it be necessary on a temporary basis. All five would be 35's but the offset for the four is +20 and the spare is +1.

Thanks!
Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Hello,

There is a particular wheel that I like which has been discontinued in the offset that I want. I can get four of them. The question is whether any harm can be done by running the spare should it be necessary on a temporary basis. All five would be 35's but the offset for the four is +20 and the spare is +1.

Thanks!
I had almost the same exact situation, my 4 wheels are +10, and the new one is a zero.
As long as the diameter on the spare is the same you should have no problems. If you need to use it for a longer drive having it mounted in back is best since there would be no steering effects to deal with. The slightly different scrub radius with a different offset in front may make steering response a bit different, so if you end up having to mount it in front just take a bit more time getting a feel for how it responds before going full bore down the hwy :)

OP
OP

bills742

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 Porsche Carrera T, 2016 VW Golf R, 2015 Porsche GT3, 2008 BMW M3, 2000 BMW 323Ci
I had almost the same exact situation, my 4 wheels are +10, and the new one is a zero.
As long as the diameter on the spare is the same you should have no problems. If you need to use it for a longer drive having it mounted in back is best since there would be no steering effects to deal with. The slightly different scrub radius with a different offset in front may make steering response a bit different, so if you end up having to mount it in front just take a bit more time getting a feel for how it responds before going full bore down the hwy :)
Thanks!
Sponsored