Sponsored

Spare tire relocation bracket necessary for a Sport with 35's?

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you @Headbarcode !! I apologize, yep I'm very new to the community, just bought my 2019 JLU Black Wrangler last weekend, I have already ordered a 3.5" JKS Lift with Fox Shocks and Falcon stabilizer + 35" tires on 17 Pro Comp hammer rims. (the reason I went with a 3.5" is I suspect I may jump to 37's in the future once I build the vehicle to handle it)

but for now, I am just mounting the 35" tire / aftermarket wheel on the back .

Thanks for the Q's !! I appreciate it.
Nothing to be apologizing about. I've also got a 2019, and its my first Jeep ever. Best vehicle ever! I've had it since January 2019, and still look back at it lovingly after parking. Lol

If you're intended use is on the lighter end, and just want a rock solid mount, I highly recommend the Teraflex Alpha HD carrier. Its adjustable for both height and depth. Raising it will properly clear the bumper. And its depth adjustment can be fine tuned to any wheels backspace, so that the tire is kept firmly pressed into the tailgate rubber bumpers for support.

If you plan on getting into more than the lighter end of things, a full hinged tailgate reinforcement with adjustable carrier would come in handy. It will not only support the added weight of the larger wheel and tire better, but will also strengthen the tailgate against having that weight bouncing around.
Sponsored

Stuckinthesand

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
You will need the relocation bracket. I have a sport with 35’s and it will not clear the bumper. I rock crawl with mine and have had no issues with the relocation bracket or any damage to the tailgate. Make sure to extend the rubber bumpers so it sits firmly against the new tire.

9FDE0469-2923-4ABF-9950-E0C5C0422B78.jpeg