Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
  • Banned
Just curious what everyone is using for spare tire mounted license plates. I want to keep my camera. I need a plate light and want to integrate my 3rd brake light.

I like the Motobilt one I think. Rugged Ridge had one at sema. Looks like LOD has one that might work. Who else? pics are great.

Also, any pros and cons of those that have them. looks, function, install... anything you would change?

Thanks.
Sponsored

smarshall

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
I have the motobilt. It is well built and designed. The only issue I had with it was that the tag plate mounting holes were not drilled correctly and I had to dremel out the plate holes to make it fit. I guess quality control was out to lunch the day mine was built. Other than that It is a good relocation kit.

TRZ

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, Ocean Blue
I have this one: https://www.nextventuremotorsports....OywSA9JVhBIkxh8WMwy-6d2B9ph3VFDAaAtusEALw_wcB

Just sent to the powdercoater. I like the mounting system. It is overly beefy (3/16” steel I believe), to the point where there’s cracking on two 90 degree bends - the metal is too thick to accommodate a 90 degree bend. I don’t think the cracks impact strength, but just shouldn’t be that way. I’m have the powdercoater add a couple welds to finish it up.

I’m using two license plate LED screws to light the plate, but can continue to use my existing third brake light.

OP
OP
Halstem1

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
  • Banned
I have this one: https://www.nextventuremotorsports....OywSA9JVhBIkxh8WMwy-6d2B9ph3VFDAaAtusEALw_wcB

Just sent to the powdercoater. I like the mounting system. It is overly beefy (3/16” steel I believe), to the point where there’s cracking on two 90 degree bends - the metal is too thick to accommodate a 90 degree bend. I don’t think the cracks impact strength, but just shouldn’t be that way. I’m have the powdercoater add a couple welds to finish it up.

I’m using two license plate LED screws to light the plate, but can continue to use my existing third brake light.
Thanks. Hadn’t seen that one. I already have a Mopar relocated brake light so those wouldn’t work together but not a bad option if I wanna rework. Thanks!
Sponsored