Sponsored

Spare Tire Cover - Yay or Nay

It’s cool to have a spare tire cover on your rig?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bamabww

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys, Snazzberry.
Occupation
Retired and loving it.
My personal preference is No but it's my preference, not yours necessarily.

I kinda feel like: I'll let you be you and you let me be me.
Sponsored

jaymz

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
Not a fan myself, but if it works for you - have at it.

falcon241073

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
I asked the salesmen if they wanted to keep the ugly one with their name on it before I took delivery. He admitted it was kind of sloppy looking and ugly.

Lol. I pulled the dealer stick on logo off my Jeep the moment I walked out after signing the paperwork. The salesman looked confused. I told him if they wanted to pay me $100 a month I’d leave it on and for another $50 a month I’d put a tire cover on with their logo. He didn’t even bother replying to that

As for whether the OP should or shouldn’t put a tire cover on? It’s your Jeep. So what you want to it. To hell with everyone else.

Deleted member 59498

Lol. I pulled the dealer stick on logo off my Jeep the moment I walked out after signing the paperwork. The salesman looked confused. I told him if they wanted to pay me $100 a month I’d leave it on and for another $50 a month I’d put a tire cover on with their logo. He didn’t even bother replying to that

As for whether the OP should or shouldn’t put a tire cover on? It’s your Jeep. So what you want to it. To hell with everyone else.
Me too! It is a pet peeve for me I will not advertise with license plate brackets or tire covers and no way in hell putting a sticker on!

Sponsored

Deleted member 59498

That compass one above and some of the other personalized ones I see like the SpecOps Skull are pretty cool, flags, eagles stuff like that.

Killed by Death

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green 2021 Rubicon 2 Door

Basically the same for me. I told them not to put one on in the first place.

I just have their stupid license plate surround until my new tag comes.

SnowyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Sport S
It is a pet peeve for me I will not advertise with license plate brackets or tire covers and no way in hell putting a sticker on!
I couldn't agree more, but I'm always thankful when the dealership slaps their logo on a removable, afterthought part. In my neck of the woods it's common for a dealership to rivet their badge to your trunk. My Dad's friend has a horror story of a dealership doing this to his Corvette in the 70's even after he explicitly told them not to.

Yes!!! My OCD doesn't allow me to see a spare on a tailgate that doesn't match without being annoyed. My buddy has one, and I'm thinking of buying him a cover just so I don't have to look at the nonmatching spare anymore.
Just for you, I will get one 🤣

Sponsored

rubiria

First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Well, tis the Season... So I would rather rock a Christmas Wreath (lights optional) as a Spare Tire Cover at this time or year....

And I'm sure some people have done it on their Jeeps.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x

Some people have no sense of humor

Jeffery

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeffery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2-door, and 1987 YJ with 427 SBC
Saw a funny one the other day;

“It goes where it’s TOWED!”

:giggle:

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
i don't cover it.
mostly because i don't think it needs any more protection than the other 4 that are on the ground.
if i did get one, it would have to be sized to match my up-sized tires,... then it would also have to have a provision for the camera.
but frankly, i kinda' like the look of the tire and wheel i have back there, and don't mind them being in view.
the only exception would be if it served some functional purpose; like a small storage area, and/or a trash receptacle for while on the trail.
so, for me, it's a 'No'; but not a "No Way!".
Sponsored