Spare Tire Cover and Rear Camera?

TN-FL Jeep Guy

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Okay, here is my next dumb question as a new Jeep Wrangler JL owner.

I was about to order a rear tire cover with my team logo on it when is dawned on me that the rear camera is in the middle of the spare. A little research seems to indicate a not so easy way to relocate the camera, plus I am concerned it might affect the backup warning system, etc.

What options do I have for using a tire cover and keeping the camera functions?

Thanks,
Gary
Sponsored

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
They make various size grommets, like you see on those blue tarps. Cut a hole and install one that will clear.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
OR buy a plain one and take it to a decal shop (or order one) and place it on your tire cover.

Lincoln

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Sahara JLU, 2017 Chevy Express 2500 High Top Explorer 4x4 Conversion Van, 2011 Ford F-150, 2016 Jayco Seneca 37TS Motorhome

I was about to order a rear tire cover with my team logo on it when is dawned on me that the rear camera is in the middle of the spare. A little research seems to indicate a not so easy way to relocate the camera, plus I am concerned it might affect the backup warning system, etc.

Thanks,
Gary
You have to look a little more but they have them I just googled Jeep JLU spare tire covers

image.jpg

Sponsored

Lincoln

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Sahara JLU, 2017 Chevy Express 2500 High Top Explorer 4x4 Conversion Van, 2011 Ford F-150, 2016 Jayco Seneca 37TS Motorhome
I would have got my team The New England Patriots but I donā€™t think they could fit all the Lombardi Trophies on it HaHa

Boomerang

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1976 Jeep CJ-5

Thanks,
Gary
Hi Gary

You should check out our line of Boomerang JL Tire Covers. We are the only manufacturer that manufactures a full line of JL tire covers including both soft and hard shell tire covers. We are also the only company that has an integrated injection molded camera hood in our soft tire covers for a clean finished look that will not interfere with your back up camera. Other companies think cutting a hole in the middle of the tire cover is an acceptable solution, we know it isn't. We have a large section of stock designs and can also produce totally custom tire covers. Let me know if you have any questions!

https://boomco.com/wrangler-jeep-jl-spare-tire-covers/

43&_ga=2.118236553.1249335424.1557791554-465805643.jpg

92&_ga=2.118236553.1249335424.1557791554-465805643.jpg

Az-jewel

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aquajeepgirl.com
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
SAHM
I just got one that I love that has a hole for the camera. Unfortunately it leaves a black ring around the view and obstructs the full camera range. Iā€™m trying to figure out the best way to move the opening closer to the camera so the field of view is larger.

Boomerang

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1976 Jeep CJ-5
I just got one that I love that has a hole for the camera. Unfortunately it leaves a black ring around the view and obstructs the full camera range. Iā€™m trying to figure out the best way to move the opening closer to the camera so the field of view is larger.
It sounds like itā€™s not installed correctly. Itā€™s normal to have a very small border that doesnā€™t obstruct or interfere with the camera view. Please contact me so I can get more info from you and assist.

Redfox475

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL
You have to look a little more but they have them I just googled Jeep JLU spare tire covers

Jeep Wrangler JL Spare Tire Cover and Rear Camera? 92&_ga=2.118236553.1249335424.1557791554-465805643
Where did you buy this one? I like it, but I can only find the one on Walmart's website that doesn't have the camera hole.
Thanks!
Sponsored