Sponsored

Spare Tire Carrier / Reinforcement recommendations?

beast40

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
CavFab’s site shows an option when picking the carrier as “with front facing camera” or “without front facing camera” I’m assuming they mean the one in the front grille, if so I do not have that. Is the wiring different or am I mistaken

There are two different rear camera mounts from the factory. One has 3 small screws and one gets pinched into place.
Sponsored

OP
OP
lalalofsky

lalalofsky

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport
There are two different rear camera mounts from the factory. One has 3 small screws and one gets pinched into place.
so the rear camera mounts are what i was referring to? Or is it because 2021 models have a different style mount, I’m just confused what the front facing camera has to do with the rear tire. Unless it determines the mount style, in which case i would understand.

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
I do not want to relocate and wire in a license plate mount when i can keep it on the stock bumper. I also dont want a black license plate mount in my spare, on the downside of it i would have to remove it to get my spare off, that would be another issue.
It sounds like you need to take another look at Maximus-3. You don’t need to powder coat it, there’s no license plate relocation, you can mount/dismount the tire without uninstalling anything, and it is under $1k if you don’t go nuts on accessories. It’s also on sale right now.
Sponsored