Spare tire carrier recommendation for 35” tire

68jcode

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
we recently installed the coils, shocks and sway bar links from a JLUR ER on my daughters JLU Sport and upgraded wheels staying with 17” and BFG 35” KO2’s. Looks and performs awesome. We attempted to mount the same wheel &tire to the spare and doesn't fit very well, so we removed it. she will not be driving this vehicle off-road and we are looking for a spare tire carrier solution that keeps the 3rd brake light above the tire (don’t want to relocate to the center of wheel). Seeing a lot of option, prices all over the map. Whats a good option for her considering she isn’t wheeling this vehicle off-road. I like the Mopar reinforcement and relocation kits but cost is over $600. Appreciate the recommendations.
Sponsored

Sponsored

Storm Cloud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR 4xe
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Lawyer
OP
OP
68jcode

68jcode

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
Sorry I missed that in your original post.

Here is my original choice before I settled on the Teraflex. This one is basically an exact duplicate of the Mopar kit.
MP Concepts Jeep Wrangler Tailgate Reinforcement and Oversize Spare Tire Carrier Mounting Bracket Kit J137874-JL (18-22 Jeep Wrangler JL) - Free Shipping (extremeterrain.com)
Okay, now that looks like a great option for her. I do like that it adds more reinforcement to the tailgate as well. Price is a hell of a lot more realistic than the Mopar unit. Will seriously consider this one, thanks!

LCW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(formerly '22 JLUR) '23 Bronco Badlands 2dr 2.7
Fit perfectly on mine… if only just…

Jeep Wrangler JL Spare tire carrier recommendation for 35” tire F8FFA644-F43E-426F-B055-E353DE468830

OP
OP
68jcode

68jcode

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
Fit perfectly on mine… if only just…

Jeep Wrangler JL Spare tire carrier recommendation for 35” tire F8FFA644-F43E-426F-B055-E353DE468830
Looks like you got lucky. Do you find it rubs the bumper? She has -12 offset wheels and it just doesn't seem to sit properly. I am also concerned about the weight, I think about 90lbs now.

LCW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(formerly '22 JLUR) '23 Bronco Badlands 2dr 2.7
Looks like you got lucky. Do you find it rubs the bumper? She has -12 offset wheels and it just doesn't seem to sit properly. I am also concerned about the weight, I think about 90lbs now.
Does not rub. My wheel/tire as shown is 95 lbs.

Sponsored

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
There's a thread somewhere where a huge amount of people are running tires over the stock 85ish lbs on stock carriers with no problems for years. I wouldn't even worry about running my 38 but I upgraded anyway (mopar w/rc relocation).

PDXSting

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLURD '23 JTRD
Just got a set of these:
GOODYEAR WRANGLER ULTRATERRAIN AT 35 X 12.50R 17, and unfortunately the spare does NOT fit :-(
Steel bumper, Rubi

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Just got a set of these:
GOODYEAR WRANGLER ULTRATERRAIN AT 35 X 12.50R 17, and unfortunately the spare does NOT fit :-(
Steel bumper, Rubi
I can highly recommend the RC bracket https://www.roughcountry.com/jeep-spare-tire-relocation-plate-10526c.html

It is BEEFY. I was kind of annoyed at how heavy it was, it was a little rough to install by myself with nobody to hold the other side.

Note that there are 2 sizes, one raises the tire a lot more than the other. I bought both in case I didn't like where the tire sits or if its too big. I haven't mounted my spare yet to tell. I'm running the lower version right now which other forum members say fits big tires (im 38s) fine. I may have to switch if my prox sensors get triggered but I use my camera anyway.

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect
35" tire, it comes down to plastic vs steel bumper. It will fit on a plastic bumper, on metal, it will catch the bumper.

PDXSting

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLURD '23 JTRD
I can highly recommend the RC bracket https://www.roughcountry.com/jeep-spare-tire-relocation-plate-10526c.html

It is BEEFY. I was kind of annoyed at how heavy it was, it was a little rough to install by myself with nobody to hold the other side.

Note that there are 2 sizes, one raises the tire a lot more than the other. I bought both in case I didn't like where the tire sits or if its too big. I haven't mounted my spare yet to tell. I'm running the lower version right now which other forum members say fits big tires (im 38s) fine. I may have to switch if my prox sensors get triggered but I use my camera anyway.
Just ordered that yesterday. Thanks!
Sponsored