Jeep Wrangler JL Spare Tire Carrier Lug Studs.... Spare
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@SuboneWH

Dorman 610-329 (M14-1.50 Serrated Wheel Stud)

These may be long enough for your needs.

I have none that I have not installed or I would measure the length of them and let you know that length.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The tire fit stock. Look 2 posts above yours. ;)
@Dyolfknip74

I mentioned the Dorman, as I have used them in regard to the stock tire carrier.. I posted here about them 3 years+- ago that I used the Dorman part.

OP originally wanted to know if he could change out the stock wheel studs which he can do easily.

For a replacement wheel stud... for someone wanting a longer stud, the Dorman part I mentioned may work as I know it is longer then the stock stud on the tire carrier.

I mentioned this not only for the OP, but for others that will read this thread over time.. Someone wanting a longer wheel stud, etc..

Sponsored

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
@Dyolfknip74

I mentioned the Dorman, as I have used them in regard to the stock tire carrier.. I posted here about them 3 years+- ago that I used the Dorman part.

OP originally wanted to know if he could change out the stock wheel studs which he can do easily.

For a replacement wheel stud... for someone wanting a longer stud, the Dorman part I mentioned may work as I know it is longer then the stock stud on the tire carrier.

I mentioned this not only for the OP, but for others that will read this thread over time.. Someone wanting a longer wheel stud, etc..
Lol, I would love to know the statistics of people signing up here and actually searching for their question but valid point.

On a side note. What did you need longer ones for? I cant really think of an application where they fit fine under the Jeep but not on the carrier.......

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lol, I would love to know the statistics of people signing up here and actually searching for their question but valid point.

On a side note. What did you need longer ones for? I cant really think of an application where they fit fine under the Jeep but not on the carrier.......
@Dyolfknip74

I myself did not need longer wheel studs.. On my JL and a couple of customer's JL's, I have added wheel studs to the stock carrier... read here..
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/cheap-jeep-hacks-show-em-off-here.18785/post-1238552

OP
OP
SuboneWH

SuboneWH

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Retired USN and GS

I did search before I posted but it's not always in plain sight.

OP
OP
SuboneWH

SuboneWH

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Retired USN and GS
That wasn't a jab towards you. Just a statement which rings true on every forum.
Yes I know, I didn't take it that way at all, I know first hand it can be difficult at times searching for things on this forum.

Sponsored

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Yes I know, I didn't take it that way at all, I know first hand it can be difficult at times searching for things on this forum.
They actually just added a google search to the forum search so that helps a lot. It's still easier for me on a tablet just to type my search into address bar + JLWranglerforum though. Anyway, I'm glad you got your friend dilemma sorted.

Cheers

KingfisherJLU

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
Hey guys, did anyone ever find longer studs? I have 33s (285/70R17) and the spare is currently pressing against my rear wiper so I can't use it. The tires are on stock JL Sport S rims and I don't have the money for replacements right now. Any help is appreciated!

Stuckinthesand

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
Hey guys, did anyone ever find longer studs? I have 33s (285/70R17) and the spare is currently pressing against my rear wiper so I can't use it. The tires are on stock JL Sport S rims and I don't have the money for replacements right now. Any help is appreciated!
Extending the studs won’t help with your issue. You need to extend the spare tire rubber stops to push it out away from your rear window.

OldBlue

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See my Signature
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Aerospace Forgings Test Lab
Vehicle Showcase