First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Retired USN and GS
Does anybody know if the lug studs are replaceable on the tailgate spare tire carrier? If so how do you take apart the spare tire carrier to remove the studs and replace? Need to install longer studs to hold new spare tire.
TIA

Roger
Sponsored

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Does anybody know if the lug studs are replaceable on the tailgate spare tire carrier? If so how do you take apart the spare tire carrier to remove the studs and replace? Need to install longer studs to hold new spare tire.
TIA

Roger
They're press fit in. I'm sure you could get them out with the right motivation.

In saying that, what wheels and offset are you running? Do you have a picture of your dilemma?

OP
OP
SuboneWH

SuboneWH

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Retired USN and GS
I was hoping the the spare tire carrier lug studs were removable and I would just replace with longer studs.

Sponsored

Stuckinthesand

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
I was hoping the the spare tire carrier lug studs were removable and I would just replace with longer studs.
You shouldn’t have to get longer studs. I’m running a 17x9.5 with a -18 offset and it goes on the stock spare carrier studs just fine.

OP
OP
SuboneWH

SuboneWH

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Retired USN and GS
You shouldn’t have to get longer studs. I’m running a 17x9.5 with a -18 offset and it goes on the stock spare carrier studs just fine.
Yes figured it would fit fine, I will have to relook at it again.

Thanks

Sponsored

OP
OP
SuboneWH

SuboneWH

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Retired USN and GS
Well it does fit, working in the cold dark last night didn't work out to well for me. Appreciate the responses, that's why I like this forum--I have learned a lot and super helpful for us Jeepers. BTW it's a friends Jeep and I have never tried mounting after market rims on the spare tire carrier before.

Cheers :beer:🍻

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
TIA

Roger
Not sure about finding the right replacement but they are definitely removable as I have removed the entire spare tire carrier and put it back together again. Just had to hammer (rubber-mallet) out the studs.

OP
OP
SuboneWH

SuboneWH

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Retired USN and GS
Not sure about finding the right replacement but they are definitely removable as I have removed the entire spare tire carrier and put it back together again. Just had to hammer (rubber-mallet) out the studs.
Great thanks!