cocaine_white

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Looking to change out my tire carrier for something else. Considering the Rusty's, Evo, Cavfab, or waiting for the Teraflex. Cant find a ton of reviews on any of these just wanting to here people's experiences with any of these.
Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Looking to change out my tire carrier for something else. Considering the Rusty's, Evo, Cavfab, or waiting for the Teraflex. Cant find a ton of reviews on any of these just wanting to here people's experiences with any of these.
I had the Teraflex Alpha, but couldn't keep waiting for the matching hinged reinforcement. I now have the Cavfab Elite hinged tailgate reinforcement and adjustable carrier. It's been awesome, and the tailgate no longer even knows there's a 38" spare hanging off of it. I highly recommend it.

Not that it can be seen with the spare hanging on it, but here's a pic of the Teraflex Alpha. And the Cavfab before and after installing it.
Jeep Wrangler JL Spare tire carrier experiences/ reviews 20200813_083647_resized
Jeep Wrangler JL Spare tire carrier experiences/ reviews 20201206_161213
Jeep Wrangler JL Spare tire carrier experiences/ reviews 20201218_153654
Jeep Wrangler JL Spare tire carrier experiences/ reviews 20210211_132351_resized

OP
OP
cocaine_white

cocaine_white

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I had the Teraflex Alpha, but couldn't keep waiting for the matching hinged reinforcement. I now have the Cavfab Elite hinged tailgate reinforcement and adjustable carrier. It's been awesome, and the tailgate no longer even knows there's a 38" spare hanging off of it. I highly recommend it.

Not that it can be seen with the spare hanging on it, but here's a pic of the Teraflex Alpha. And the Cavfab before and after installing it.
Jeep Wrangler JL Spare tire carrier experiences/ reviews 20210211_132351_resized
Looks great. And they're local to me in GA. Love the teraflex but the wait is crazy and it's stupid expensive too

frank-o

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 SOT, JLUR SOT, Prior JLUR Sting, 10thA JKUR
I'm in a similar boat. Want to put on both teraflex components but awaiting the hinge is frustrating. Anyone know when the hinge is supposed to be available?

Jhendo

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Rubicon Firecracker Red
Occupation
Product/Digital Design Sales
I'm in a similar boat. Want to put on both teraflex components but awaiting the hinge is frustrating. Anyone know when the hinge is supposed to be available?
I had heard May

Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L

Where did the backup cam go?

Redbaron73

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport s unlimited;2020 Rubicon Unlimited
I too am in the same ol situation. I have the Alpha with a 37" spare. My hardtop rear window shows a bit too much of the rubber gasket for my liking. I have been waiting for the TeraFlex HD solution, but I am about out of patience. The date keeps getting pushed, and I know once they release it, there will be another fiasco in the shipping with nothing but delays.

Looking at all the solutions posted. My requirements are:

* Work with Factory Steel Bumper
* Keep Factory Reverse Camera Function
* Support a Hi-Lift Jack mount

OP
OP
cocaine_white

cocaine_white

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I ended up ordering the Rusty's and am told it should ship first week of April 🤞

Sponsored

GearWhore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 1972 Arctic Cat Climber, 2006 Triumph Speed Triple
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Gentleman Explorer
I have the Mopar tailgate reinforcement from the factory, and found the Teraflex tire relocation bracket had to be modified to fit with it. Was looking forward to the Teraflex Alpha adjustable tire carrier but when I installed it last November/December, they had no solution to the updated camera other than "oh yeah, we heard that might be an issue; find some washers" so I returned it. Teraflex seems pretty actively trying to prevent their tailgate parts from working with Mopar stuff, I'm guessing because they feel Mopar stole the tailgate thing from them with the JK?

jawest12

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeepinwv.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 2018 JLU Sahara
I have the Rusty's, love it. My reasons were as follows:

1. Comes ecoated and powdercoated
2. Adjustable for spare
3. 3rd brake light provision
4. Camera provision
5. You can add highlift if needed
6. Replaces hinges and adds extra support plate
7. This one is a big one, if you dont relocate license plate, you do not have to remove anything else to remove spare.
8. This is the second big one, you can set the spare on the camera housing, then slide it into place.

I am not a small man at 6'2" with significant size. Even still, I did not relish the thought of trying to line up a 37" tire on a heavy wheel, with three posts, just by hand. Rustys makes is super easy, other than said wait of spare.

OP
OP
cocaine_white

cocaine_white

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Rusty's, love it. My reasons were as follows:

1. Comes ecoated and powdercoated
2. Adjustable for spare
3. 3rd brake light provision
4. Camera provision
5. You can add highlift if needed
6. Replaces hinges and adds extra support plate
7. This one is a big one, if you dont relocate license plate, you do not have to remove anything else to remove spare.
8. This is the second big one, you can set the spare on the camera housing, then slide it into place.

I am not a small man at 6'2" with significant size. Even still, I did not relish the thought of trying to line up a 37" tire on a heavy wheel, with three posts, just by hand. Rustys makes is super easy, other than said wait of spare.
Good to know. I went back and forth between this and Cavfab before finally going with this one.
Sponsored