Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
This looks great. How rough was the install?

I was looking at the Smittybilt hinge reinforcement but it doesn't have a spot for the camera or the license plate if I remember correctly. This looks much better.
The install is pretty straightforward. I didn't come with, nor did it need, any shims to adjust the gate. I did the entire install with the gate full closed, and it held its position. These carriers tend to not provide a license plate light and harness, but recommended using those plate bolts with integrated led diodes. Some of them provide a harness, mine didn't so I made my own and extended the factory harness and ran it up through the body and into the cargo area, where I followed the existing wires through the hinge and into the tailgate. Removing the interior panels was the nearest thing to being a complication, but it wasn't bad and I took my time.

Also, the Cavfab Elite carrier is shipped in raw steel and needs to be coated by the user. I had mine powder coated to match the same textured black as the Mopar steel bumpers, and the Cavfab plate done to match the red Rubicon tow hooks. I paid $275, but pricing varies.
Sponsored

Keith C

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
High School Athletic Director/ Track Timer
I have the Rugged Ridge Hinge replacement and the TeraFlex Alfa HD spare tire mounting kit waiting in the garage to install, hopefully next week as my rear end is currently naked! I just upgraded to 37" tires (BFG KO2) and they would not fit on the stock tire carrier. I wanted the beefier hinge because of the tire weight going to 37s but my 35" setup was actually heavier! (Ridge Grapplers on 18" Fuel Assault rims: 116lbs vs 98lbs now). My only concern is the tire carrier mounting correctly with the new hinge.
Does anyone have this setup? Any problems with compatibility? Any pictures?