P.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler High Altitude
Occupation
Trying not to get warning points
Vehicle Showcase
When I mounted my spare tire it was about .250"-.312" (6-8mm) clearance between the stop and tire. It had been like this for a year and just was tired of seeing it - and worrying about it since they are there for a reason. Though I don't think it would have caused any issue with the Arsenal & M/T ATZP3 285/70/17 combo it was still concerning seeing that I go on the dunes quite a bit and the Jeep bounces around some especially at speed. Purchased these below as the price was nice too. Super easy to cut down & install. The rubber-like material seems both pliable yet firm. Whatever brand you decide to get the ease of mind knowing your spare tire is more secure is worth it.

https://www.amazon.com/Quadratec-Ta...80207&sprefix=spare+tire+stops+,aps,78&sr=8-4
Sponsored

1BadManVan

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sahara/2018 Durango R/T
Occupation
Locomotive Engineer
When I mounted my spare tire it was about .250"-.312" (6-8mm) clearance between the stop and tire. It had been like this for a year and just was tired of seeing it - and worrying about it since they are there for a reason. Though I don't think it would have caused any issue with the Arsenal & M/T ATZP3 285/70/17 combo it was still concerning seeing that I go on the dunes quite a bit and the Jeep bounces around some especially at speed. Purchased these below as the price was nice too. Super easy to cut down & install. The rubber-like material seems both pliable yet firm. Whatever brand you decide to get the ease of mind knowing your spare tire is more secure is worth it.

https://www.amazon.com/Quadratec-Ta...80207&sprefix=spare+tire+stops+,aps,78&sr=8-4
Thanks for the link, gotta get on this lol