Spare relocation bracket question

JLUSDIEM

First Name
Diem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 RUBICON 4xe
I have 315/70/17 KO2's on order. They'll be mounted on rubi take off's on my sahara. I understand some tire brands run wider than others and it seems like, through some searching, that the stock rubi tire carriers are also higher than the sport and saharas.

So my question is are there any saharas with this tire/wheel combo able to fit their spare on the stock tire carrier?

If not, any suggestion on spare relocation brackets.
Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I have 315/70/17 KO2's on order. They'll be mounted on rubi take off's on my sahara. I understand some tire brands run wider than others and it seems like, through some searching, that the stock rubi tire carriers are also higher than the sport and saharas.

So my question is are there any saharas with this tire/wheel combo able to fit their spare on the stock tire carrier?

If not, any suggestion on spare relocation brackets.
The Rubi carriers mounting point is definitely further from the gate than the Saharas, but not sure if its higher up from the bumper.

I highly recommend avoiding any of those adapters. They sometimes lift the spare higher than needed, and almost always don't account for the tire being properly pressed up against the rubber supports. The Teraflex Alpha HD carrier offers full adjustability.

OP
OP
JLUSDIEM

JLUSDIEM

First Name
Diem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 RUBICON 4xe
The Rubi carriers mounting point is definitely further from the gate than the Saharas, but not sure if its higher up from the bumper.

I highly recommend avoiding any of those adapters. They sometimes lift the spare higher than needed, and almost always don't account for the tire being properly pressed up against the rubber supports. The Teraflex Alpha HD carrier offers full adjustability.
I mounted the tires earlier today and nope, they're too big for the stock tire carrier. It shuts but its extremely snug. I tried airing down to 25 and its still snug. I ordered the RC relocation bracket. I'm thinking with the stock wheel and its offset, it will still make contact with the rubber supports. if not I'll have to buy extenders.
Sponsored