First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Sport
Alright, so still really new to Jeeps and learning as I go so sorry if this is a dumb question...

There are two things that drive me up the wall about the JL’s stance.
-First is the front downward rake on the 4 doors (made worst by a steel bumper and winch)
-Second is the passenger downward lean which has been well documented on the forum

Im currently running a Metalcloak Gamechanger 3.5” lift. I wanted to get your opinion on trying to find spacers to put in the front with different heights. I’d be looking to add a .75” spacer on the front passenger and a .5” spacer on the front driver, hopefully eliminating both stance problems.
Do you see any potential problems with this? Any brand you’ve seen that carries both a .75 and .5 spacer? (I know they wouldn’t be sold together) Would I need to get all my control arms geometry redone to make up for the new .75” of height?

thanks in advance
Sponsored

GSLSE21B

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jLURD
Alright, so still really new to Jeeps and learning as I go so sorry if this is a dumb question...

There are two things that drive me up the wall about the JL’s stance.
-First is the front downward rake on the 4 doors (made worst by a steel bumper and winch)
-Second is the passenger downward lean which has been well documented on the forum

Im currently running a Metalcloak Gamechanger 3.5” lift. I wanted to get your opinion on trying to find spacers to put in the front with different heights. I’d be looking to add a .75” spacer on the front passenger and a .5” spacer on the front driver, hopefully eliminating both stance problems.
Do you see any potential problems with this? Any brand you’ve seen that carries both a .75 and .5 spacer? (I know they wouldn’t be sold together) Would I need to get all my control arms geometry redone to make up for the new .75” of height?

thanks in advance
Get some corner weight scales

JRostek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Does your rear passenger side have a different height than the driver side rear?

curious about your spacer question so thought I’d ask since I have the 3.5 game changer as well

OP
OP
dirtygertie_jlu

dirtygertie_jlu

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Sport
Does your rear passenger side have a different height than the driver side rear?

curious about your spacer question so thought I’d ask since I have the 3.5 game changer as well
The lean is nowhere near as noticeable in the rear but the passenger does sit about .25” lower.

Sponsored

JRostek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
The lean is nowhere near as noticeable in the rear but the passenger does sit about .25” lower.
hmm mines about an inch on the rear passenger compared to the rear driver. I’ll have to double check the front but thought they were the same

like you, I’m new and when I saw your question, I thought maybe you are having the same issue. Hopefully, someone can answer your question since the lean had me thinking what can I do to fix it

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
This is a good thread and a valid question. I don't have Metalcloak Gamechanger lift installed, but I'm assuming the passenger side lean is because the Gamechanger lift spring lengths are the same for driver/passenger side.

I learned when I installed a Rubicon lift on my JLU, the passenger side springs were clearly longer (approx .5") to compensate for the weight of the fuel tank. (Note - I also added. .75" spacers up front to get rid of the rake.)

So, your planned use of spacers seems like a good resolution.

Last edited:
OP
OP
dirtygertie_jlu

dirtygertie_jlu

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Sport
This is a good thread and a valid question. I don't have Metalcloak Gamechanger lift installed, but I'm assuming the passenger side lean is because the Gamechanger lift spring lengths are the same for driver/passenger side.

I learned when I installed a Rubicon lift on my JLU, the passenger side springs were clearly longer (approx .5") to compensate for the weight of the fuel tank. (Note - I also added. .75" spacers up front to get rid of the rake.)

So, your planned use of spacers seems like a good resolution.
Thanks for the help! Did you go with he Daystar .75” spacer?