Spacer lift- What else needed?

Fergshouse

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara North Edition
I read on another thread that you can contact TF and they will pull together any combo spacer kit you want. I’m sure it’s a little more expensive than their premade sets, but you can get exactly what you want. I haven’t contacted them yet to verify this though.
Sponsored

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Did the 1.5” spacers affect your handling at all? I’ve got a 20 Sahara with 33”s and thinking about a 1” spacer lift to give a little more room and I also think it will look better.
Could be placebo, but it definitely felt like it handled much better. My caster is at a little over 4% right now, so I might adjust that in the future, but overall it's been 2years, multiple off-road trips/badge trails, and I'm pretty happy.

OP
OP

ejewels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW - Black
Update if anyone cares. Took the jeep back today and on the highway ride there, I was up to 70-80, hitting bumps and only getting a little shimmy (but no DW). They took it in, inspected things and noticed my tires were worn a little weird.. and when they swapped the rear tires to the front everything went away 99%. Also asked about the springs being centered in the perches/perch hoods and he rechecked the springs and verified all was installed correctly so I guess them being perfectly centered within those perch hoods isn't necessary.

They think along with a freshly installed lift, weirdly worn tires (been a while since i had rotated) and going from the older stiffer rubi shocks to my new fox 2.0s... it was the perfect storm for DW. Also my toe was in spec, but off a little. Knock on wood its gone for good now... I'm thinking a few things settled over the weekend too so maybe that helped.

@Gangplank I measured with a half tank of gas and my front went from 36.25" to 38.5" ground to bottom of fender. I was in a hurry so didn't' check the rear, but I'd imagine all around I got 2.25-2.5" of lift, which I'm told will settle a tad. Happy with this height.

Next, its into more debt I go with buying new wheels and tires. Prob will do the toyo OC AT3 in c-load, 285/75/r17 with fifteen52 patrol HD wheels (0 offset, 4.75BS) and the shop said once I get all of this, to get an alignment and all should be good!
Sponsored