Spacer lift- What else needed?

6th Floor Mule

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 6MT
Nope, same suspension height all models. Only the XR has 1.5” lift and the 392 has 1” 392 XR has 1.5” lift.
This is the average suspension height of all models.
IMG_8745.jpeg
Finally got in there to measure. Minus the 2” spacer, my Rubi Flared Sahara comes in a tad over 10”. This plays more towards the “Sahara is 3/4” lower than a Rubicon and 3/4” higher than a Sport” narrative. I have an OE steel bumper without end caps, but I doubt the weight difference would account for an unnoticeable 3/4”+ sag. I have a couple buddies with bone stock Sports, so I need to throw a tape measure in the console so I can measure next time we’re out.

Jeep Wrangler JL Spacer lift- What else needed? IMG_5269
Jeep Wrangler JL Spacer lift- What else needed? IMG_0250
Sponsored

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon Granite Crystal
How old is your Sahara? You will definitely have spring sag.
I lost almost an inch putting a Venator bumper on my XR without the winch. It likely weighs the same as the factory steel.

Last edited:

Gangplank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willys 4dr
Build Thread
Link
Finally got in there to measure. Minus the 2” spacer, my Rubi Flared Sahara comes in a tad over 10”. This plays more towards the “Sahara is 3/4” lower than a Rubicon and 3/4” higher than a Sport” narrative. I have an OE steel bumper without end caps, but I doubt the weight difference would account for an unnoticeable 3/4”+ sag. I have a couple buddies with bone stock Sports, so I need to throw a tape measure in the console so I can measure next time we’re out.

How dou you like the Apex Autolynx?

OP
OP

ejewels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW - Black

IMG_5269.jpeg
IMG_0250.png
looks good. You running the stock sahara axles or do you have upgraded or d44 axles for those 35s?

Sponsored

6th Floor Mule

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 6MT
looks good. You running the stock sahara axles or do you have upgraded or d44 axles for those 35s?
Std Sahara narrow axles w/ D44 rear. Tires are 285/75’s (33.86”), which are a little over a 1/2” shorter than most 35’s (34.4”).

OP
OP

ejewels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW - Black
Std Sahara narrow axles w/ D44 rear. Tires are 285/75’s (33.86”), which are a little over a 1/2” shorter than most 35’s (34.4”).
Ah ok, which tires? And I have the same axle setup in the Willy’s and was thinking about going to a 34” after my lift. Do you feel it needs a regear, or is it good? Assuming you’re on the 3.45 gears

6th Floor Mule

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 6MT
Ah ok, which tires? And I have the same axle setup in the Willy’s and was thinking about going to a 34” after my lift. Do you feel it needs a regear, or is it good? Assuming you’re on the 3.45 gears
LRC Ridge Grapplers. I have the 6MT, so the 3.45’s for driving around town are fine, just means I only use 4 of my 6 gears most of the time. I generally use 5th gear on the interstate if there are any signs of hills or long uphill grades. I work from home and spend 90% of my time in 45mph and under speed zones, so re-gearing isn’t fully necessary at this point. I had planned to re-gear in 2023, but our company did not pay out any annual bonuses last year (for first time ever), so I’m still trying to stretch what’s left of my 2022 “fun/mod money.” ?. My 2024 mods are likely just going to be stickers ?

OP
OP

ejewels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW - Black
LRC Ridge Grapplers. I have the 6MT, so the 3.45’s for driving around town are fine, just means I only use 4 of my 6 gears most of the time. I generally use 5th gear on the interstate if there are any signs of hills or long uphill grades. I work from home and spend 90% of my time in 45mph and under speed zones, so re-gearing isn’t fully necessary at this point. I had planned to re-gear in 2023, but our company did not pay out any annual bonuses last year (for first time ever), so I’m still trying to stretch what’s left of my 2022 “fun/mod money.” ?. My 2024 mods are likely just going to be stickers ?
I hear that! Bonuses have been bad this year for lots of people. Your experience (for driving) sounds a lot like mine, so good to know a regear isn't as necessary on 34's!. Lots of people on sports are riding around on both smaller axles and 35's... so cant be too bad on 34s at all lol.

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon Granite Crystal
I hear that! Bonuses have been bad this year for lots of people. Your experience (for driving) sounds a lot like mine, so good to know a regear isn't as necessary on 34's!. Lots of people on sports are riding around on both smaller axles and 35's... so cant be too bad on 34s at all lol.
You will be fine without a re gear. Later on if you get serious into Jeeping you can look at your options, but for DD duty 34-35” will work no problem. My suggestion would be just get the Speedo recalibrated for the bigger tires so the computer systems read properly.

Sponsored

OP
OP

ejewels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW - Black
You will be fine without a re gear. Later on if you get serious into Jeeping you can look at your options, but for DD duty 34-35” will work no problem. My suggestion would be just get the Speedo recalibrated for the bigger tires so the computer systems read properly.
thanks, good good to know!

Gangplank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willys 4dr
Build Thread
Link
thanks, good good to know!
You can adjust it with the JScan + ODB port Bluetooth/wifi module + SGW bypass cables. Pretty easy to do. Tazer and other products can do it too.

OP
OP

ejewels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW - Black
You can adjust it with the JScan + ODB port Bluetooth/wifi module + SGW bypass cables. Pretty easy to do. Tazer and other products can do it too.
Honestly I'm going to wait to see how everything goes with the lift I'm supposed to get Thursday. But currently might have a lost package (the fox shocks) with friggin UPS! So we'll see how this all goes and when I get the actual lift installed now. Northridge4x4 is looking into it. And if the lift height makes it look like the Jeep skipped leg day, I might have to say F it and go with 34-35's lol.

Fergshouse

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara North Edition
I put the 1.5" TF spacers on my Sahara a couple of years ago and it's been awesome - perfect for my needs and my budget. I didn't do the extended bump stops or anything.

My original plan was for this to be a short-term solution and then get a proper suspension lift later, but I'm not so sure I actually need to do that for my usage.

Going from 32" Duratracs to 33" KO2s made a bigger difference, IMO.
Did the 1.5” spacers affect your handling at all? I’ve got a 20 Sahara with 33”s and thinking about a 1” spacer lift to give a little more room and I also think it will look better.

Gangplank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willys 4dr
Build Thread
Link
Did the 1.5” spacers affect your handling at all? I’ve got a 20 Sahara with 33”s and thinking about a 1” spacer lift to give a little more room and I also think it will look better.
Does anyone make a 1” spacer for the rear? There are 3/4” spacers front & rear (Daystar & Fishbone), and Teraflex makes a 1” front & 1.5” rear leveling kit.

Or am I wrong about that?
Sponsored