Johnczar4

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2029 Wrangler Sport S
Re leveling spacers
When I had my Rubi suspension done I asked if I needed leveling spacers. Was told by Globex (reputable mod shop in NJ) only needed if I was planning to add SS bumper/ winch. Had the LCA from Mopar lift installed. Drives smooth
Sponsored

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
Ok guys, so I need your advice. I was able to find two sets of takeoffs that look promising.

1. 60/61 90/91- Miles are somewhere in the 1500-3000 range.
  2. 60/61 91/92- This set is at around 13k
Which set would provide the least amount of rake? Which would you pull the trigger on?
Let's just speculate a little and say a steel bumper/winch (or just a really heavy steel bumper without a winch) and hardtop both add roughly the same weight to each end... and going up on one end of spring numbers would compensate for that weight.

My personal experience is that 59/60/90/91 should be fairly flat for a 2dr soft top with the stock plastic bumper. So, going off of that... let's guess on a chart:

For the 60/61/90/91 set on a 2dr:
Top - Front Bumper - Rake
Soft - Plastic - High front
Soft - Steel - Level
Hard - Plastic - Level Edit: whoops
Hard - Plastic - Extra high front
Hard - Steel - High Front

For the 60/61/91/92 set on a 2dr:
Soft - Plastic - Level
Soft - Steel - Low Front
Hard - Plastic - Low Back
Hard - Steel - Level

Again, just an educated guess based on how my Jeep responded to the springs I ended up with... but that should give you an idea of what you'll get based on how you are planning on configuring your Jeep.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Reneli

First Name
Rene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL 2D
Let's just speculate a little and say a steel bumper/winch (or just a really heavy steel bumper without a winch) and hardtop both add roughly the same weight to each end... and going up on one end of spring numbers would compensate for that weight.

My personal experience is that 59/60/90/91 should be fairly flat for a 2dr soft top with the stock plastic bumper. So, going off of that... let's guess on a chart:

For the 60/61/90/91 set on a 2dr:
Soft - Plastic - High front
Soft - Steel - Level
Hard - Plastic - Level
Hard - Steel - High Front

For the 60/61/91/92 set on a 2dr:
Soft - Plastic - Level
Soft - Steel - Low Front
Hard - Plastic - Low Back
Hard - Steel - Level

Again, just an educated guess based on how my Jeep responded to the springs I ended up with... but that should give you an idea of what you'll get based on how you are planning on configuring your Jeep.
Awesome write-up man! I am leaning towards the first set up. I might sacrifice a little hight but it has lower miles and levels out with my hardtop and plastic bumpers. I haven't found a steel bumper I love so I will probably do that later on down the road.

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
Awesome write-up man! I am leaning towards the first set up. I might sacrifice a little hight but it has lower miles and levels out with my hardtop and plastic bumpers. I haven't found a steel bumper I love so I will probably do that later on down the road.
You may want to hold off on the kudos.. I double checked my thinking and the 60/61/90/91 will be the most rearward rake for a hardtop/plastic front bumper configuration.. Sorry! This must've been right before lunch and I had low blood sugar.

That being said... these are pretty cheap to solve that:
https://www.quadratec.com/p/daystar/0.75-rear-leveling-kit-jeep-wrangler-jl-unlimited

JLUandCJ-7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara w/mods
Vehicle Showcase
You may want to see if you can crawl around under your rig and find your current spring numbers... if your new springs are a couple of numbers higher, you'll go up about an inch-ish. I think the 4dr sport/sahara springs are still in the same number sequence as the rubicons. The 91/92 are pretty tall, 59/60 are moderate, so, you might introduce some rake without adding spacers (you may already have rake unloaded w/ tow package). I need it a little higher in the back for hauling/towing.
I have 59/60 88/89.
4Dr, plastic bumpers, hardtop. I've never thought I had a noticeable rake. This may be why.

Oddly the Rubicon takeoffs are 59/60 91/92. (Plastic bumper, hard top, tow package)
If my math is correct I'll get no lift in front and an inch in back, meaning some nasty rake.

I feel I should buy 61/62s off BAM (getting about an inch lift in front and rear), since I plan on getting a metal bumper someday and will need to add a spacer at that point.

On a side note- Seriously AEV - Release the JL metal bumper already.

Screenshot_20201022-202510_Chrome.jpg
Sponsored