Spacer lift or Rubi takeoffs?

Okiedokie

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray Sahara
Shop is trying to take advantage of you. You can do it yourself in a couple of hours. Especially if you have a friend that’s going to help you. I would do it for you if you lived here, and would only ask of you to pay it forward. If you have any questions feel free to reach out........Good Luck. :)
I appreciate that Roky! Fortunately I do have friends that are going to help me. I was more curious than anything how much they would try to charge me ;)
Sponsored

OP
OP

Reneli

First Name
Rene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL 2D
You might not need spacers to level out rake if you got the right springs. My springs have some rake, but if I had ended up with 60/61 paired with 90/91, there likely wouldn't be any rake. I think you'll have to make that call once you find a set you're happy with.

As for 33s looking too small by adding spacers all around... Depending on the springs you end up with; it could be; but everyone's gonna have a different opinion on that. I'd take a ruler down to your dealer lot and measure the fender gap on a Rubicon, then try to keep it in that range to be safe.
I actually found a set of 60/61 with 90/91 on the forum. The miles are unknown as he bought them from someone but he believes they were taken off right away. Are the shocks the same across the board or do they change also?

OP
OP

Reneli

First Name
Rene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL 2D
Shop is trying to take advantage of you. You can do it yourself in a couple of hours. Especially if you have a friend that’s going to help you. I would do it for you if you lived here, and would only ask of you to pay it forward. If you have any questions feel free to reach out........Good Luck. :)
Man the jeep family is awesome! Some other members reached out and offered to help me put my takeoffs on as well. I hope to pay it forward once i learn a thing or 2.

Johnczar4

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2029 Wrangler Sport S
Just picked up my 2019 today after getting Rubi takeoff suspension installed with the Mopar LCA's. Paid $625 for 1. suspension 2. to have the TPMS sensors pulled from my stock tires and installed in my Rubi takeoff 285's I've been driving on and 3. Alignment.
Gained solid 2". Measured height before dropping off . Prior 15 7/8 to bottom of Rock sliders. 36 to fender flares. Now 18" to sliders and 38 1/8" to fender flares.
Rides a little stiffer on highway over 60mph. Not much different thought.
Was hoping for 1.5", but was expecting 1". Definitely surprised I got 2".
Jeep Wrangler JL Spacer lift or Rubi takeoffs? 9D35F7EC-A3B3-42C3-A915-E6B14626BBC2

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
Curious what others are being charged. Had a fellow poster kind enough to give me his Rubicon takeoffs (thx Terry!) and while I have friends who will walk me through it, just took it to a local 4x4 shop for quote. $700. Felt that was high. (Theh said it would take them 5 hrs which feels dubious)
5 hours is high - my son and I did it in 4 hours, with jackstands in my driveway. A proper lift would have made things much easier.

Sponsored

ShadowRig

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport Metallic Granite
Curious what others are being charged. Had a fellow poster kind enough to give me his Rubicon takeoffs (thx Terry!) and while I have friends who will walk me through it, just took it to a local 4x4 shop for quote. $700. Felt that was high. (Theh said it would take them 5 hrs which feels dubious)
Shop charged me $175... family friend though, did it in about ~2h

$700 is absurd, smh

Okiedokie

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray Sahara
Shop charged me $175... family friend though, did it in about ~2h

$700 is absurd, smh
I know. I really wish I could have channeled my dad and said "you boys are smoking dope if you think I'm paying that" but I couldn't find the courage. :p

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
I actually found a set of 60/61 with 90/91 on the forum. The miles are unknown as he bought them from someone but he believes they were taken off right away. Are the shocks the same across the board or do they change also?
I don't think there's any difference on the shock part numbers.

EDIT: as Luis said below, the fronts and rears are different, I was meaning there's nothing special about the shocks between different configurations of Rubicons (or Willys, as they use the same shocks from what I have read).

Last edited:

ShadowRig

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport Metallic Granite
Not sure if it changes from rubicon to rubicon but they are different front and rear... my shock numbers were 24269 (x2) and 24266 (x2)

JLUandCJ-7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara w/mods
Vehicle Showcase
I'd pass on those. Mine were 59/60, 90/91; I got between 1.5"-1.75" of lift. The "desirable" numbers are more like 61/62 & 91/92 for around 2" of gain. Word on the street is about 1/2" of lift for each increase of the part number. So, had I put on 57/58 springs instead of 59/60, I might have only seen about 1/2"-3/4" of lift. Probably not worth it.
What should I expect in lift from a 59/60 91/92? Just picked some up recently.

Going on a Sahara. Currently has Rubicon wheels and tires, but plastic bumpers front and back.

20201017_170205.jpg

20201017_170307.jpg

Sponsored

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd

Going on a Sahara. Currently has Rubicon wheels and tires, but plastic bumpers front and back.

Jeep Wrangler JL Spacer lift or Rubi takeoffs? 20201017_170307

Jeep Wrangler JL Spacer lift or Rubi takeoffs? 20201017_170307
You may want to see if you can crawl around under your rig and find your current spring numbers... if your new springs are a couple of numbers higher, you'll go up about an inch-ish. I think the 4dr sport/sahara springs are still in the same number sequence as the rubicons. The 91/92 are pretty tall, 59/60 are moderate, so, you might introduce some rake without adding spacers (you may already have rake unloaded w/ tow package). I need it a little higher in the back for hauling/towing.

JLUandCJ-7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara w/mods
Vehicle Showcase
You may want to see if you can crawl around under your rig and find your current spring numbers... if your new springs are a couple of numbers higher, you'll go up about an inch-ish. I think the 4dr sport/sahara springs are still in the same number sequence as the rubicons. The 91/92 are pretty tall, 59/60 are moderate, so, you might introduce some rake without adding spacers (you may already have rake unloaded w/ tow package). I need it a little higher in the back for hauling/towing.
May end up buying springs on BAM Wholesale then. Or does anyone have 61/62s they would ship?

OP
OP

Reneli

First Name
Rene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL 2D
May end up buying springs on BAM Wholesale then. Or does anyone have 61/62s they would ship?
Haven’t been able to tack down those numbers. Best I’ve found is 90/91 60/61.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!

Could always add a 3/4" leveling kit when you do the spring install, probably get in the 1.75" range overall, maybe even 2" :)
They don't cost much and best to do it first rather than having a do-over.

OP
OP

Reneli

First Name
Rene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL 2D
Ok guys, so I need your advice. I was able to find two sets of takeoffs that look promising.

1. 60/61 90/91- Miles are somewhere in the 1500-3000 range.
  2. 60/61 91/92- This set is at around 13k
Which set would provide the least amount of rake? Which would you pull the trigger on?
Sponsored