Spacer Lift (Leveling) or Rubi takeoff

hooks

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray Sahara Altitude
I am looking to level my 21 Sahara 3.6L and gain a couple inches at the most. I have been looking at the 1.5 Teraflex spacer lift (2.0 In the front for the rake). I have seen some people do this but then alter to rubi takeoffs after awhile. I am adding 33s soon also. Just looking to level with a tiny lift not interested in the 2.0 plus lift. I don't do much off road driving. I do plan to add the oem steel bumpers in the future so they will add some weight to the back and front. Just here for suggestions and info. Just want the ride to still be comfortable have no problems with anything. (steering, LCA, etc.)

I am new to this so I don't know if I put too much information or not enough. Thanks for the help.
Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
I’m not crazy about just lifting springs/spacers and not at least correcting the shock travel. I believe the Sahara already has mono tubes, so you could always pair the Teraflex kit with their shock extensions and matching bump stops. If you don’t, you’ll have about the same bump stop on the way up (adding 2” to up travel) but you’ll lose 2” of your droop. Basically you won’t have gained off-road clearance at full stuff.

The Mopar LCAs are so cheap and easy, it’s hard not to throw them on while your there.

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
I had a Rubicon takeoff with extra 0.75" spacers up front, and I was pretty happy with that. I was going to let that be the end of it, and eventually step up to a set of 33s when my 32s wore out.

Then I seriously damaged my air compressor that I had mounted under the Jeep, and in my knee-jerk reaction to damaging a $600 setup, I got into a lift, wheels, and tires to the tune of $6,000. Because I is real smart and I does math good.

My Rubicon springs, shocks and the Fishbone spacers are all sitting in a pile, waiting on me to get around to selling them.

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
I also went with the Rubicon spring/shock, 0.75" front spacer and mopar LCA setup and very satisfied with the results.

OP
OP

hooks

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had a Rubicon takeoff with extra 0.75" spacers up front, and I was pretty happy with that. I was going to let that be the end of it, and eventually step up to a set of 33s when my 32s wore out.

Then I seriously damaged my air compressor that I had mounted under the Jeep, and in my knee-jerk reaction to damaging a $600 setup, I got into a lift, wheels, and tires to the tune of $6,000. Because I is real smart and I does math good.

My Rubicon springs, shocks and the Fishbone spacers are all sitting in a pile, waiting on me to get around to selling them.
if you’re in Texas I would interested in buying but I doubt you’re local

Sponsored

OP
OP

hooks

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I also went with the Rubicon spring/shock, 0.75" front spacer and mopar LCA setup and very satisfied with the results.
This is my likely route as well… did you do the front spacer to compensate for the bumper weighing you down in the front?

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
This is my likely route as well… did you do the front spacer to compensate for the bumper weighing you down in the front?
The front spacer gets rid of the factory rake and levels it out. However, if you tow or carry heavy loads in the rear, this may not be a good thing. Because then you'll have a sagging rear end.

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
if you’re in Texas I would interested in buying but I doubt you’re local
I'm not local, but I do have a box I could put that stuff in, and it wouldn't be that big of a deal to ship. To recreate the setup I had, you would also need a pair of the Mopar longer lower control arms that sell for about $30 each. Mine are not for sale, because I'm still using them.

OP
OP

hooks

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not local, but I do have a box I could put that stuff in, and it wouldn't be that big of a deal to ship. To recreate the setup I had, you would also need a pair of the Mopar longer lower control arms that sell for about $30 each. Mine are not for sale, because I'm still using them.
Yes I plan on getting the LCA as well… do you mind saying what numbers are on the springs?

Sponsored

Jamrock

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Rubi springs on Sports/Sahara models are very popular on this forum. I would recommend that approach.

Let me know if you finish reading this thread. It is only 656 posts.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/rubicon-vs-sport-suspension-height.4347/

Make sure to use the longer lower control arms (LCA's) from the Mopar lift. They make a big difference.

Most members have used @blnewt's documentation
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/rubicon-suspension-on-2-door-sport.40700/

It would be helpful if you were to post before and after pictures.

Steph1

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU , Audi Q5
Something to keep in mind, is that a Rubicon suspension lifts a sport 1.5 inch, but only lift a Sahara 0.75 inch, as the Sahara is mid height between the Sport and Rubicon.

Also a detail, but the standard for Mopar is the Rubicon model. The other models were built around it.

Therefore the Sahara is considered -0.75'' and the Sport -1.5''

The advice regarding the levelling is spot -on. If you tow, normally drives your kids in the backseat and/or own a Big dog that rides in the cargo area, although nice when empty and parked, you'll be driving around ass-low and now THAT is fugly. Also, when on the throttle soft or hard, rear wheel drive vehicles tend to jack up in the front and again, ass-low is what people are seeing when you pass-by.
Sponsored