Spacer Lift Install Cost?

Tynewlon

First Name
Tyler 🚺
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU 2.0 4Cyl
Just called 4wheelparts and they quoted me roughly $800 to install a 1.5 in spacer lift and Mopar LCAs. Is this normal? If so, that’s insane!! Normally I’d just do it myself but I live in a townhouse now and I have no room to do that kinda work on it.
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, that sounds about right. It takes about 4 hours to install.

You can also check your independent muffler shop. I had them install a spacer lift a few years back; they were cheaper than 4WP.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

yikes!

go do it in a parking lot somewhere, like at a park lol.

OP
OP
Tynewlon

Tynewlon

First Name
Tyler 🚺
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU 2.0 4Cyl
Yeah, that sounds about right. It takes about 4 hours to install.

You can also check your independent muffler shop. I had them install a spacer lift a few years back; they were cheaper than 4WP.
Yeah definitely gonna call around and get a few quotes. I just never imagined it would be that high.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Tynewlon

Tynewlon

First Name
Tyler 🚺
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU 2.0 4Cyl
I paid $120 to have the Teraflex spacers installed. Took about an hour and a half.
I’ve seen a few videos and it doesn’t look overly complicated which is why the price took me by surprise.

OP
OP
Tynewlon

Tynewlon

First Name
Tyler 🚺
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU 2.0 4Cyl
yikes!

go do it in a parking lot somewhere, like at a park lol.
I would if I had the equipment jack/jack stands and such. Hell I may even consider buying the stuff and doing it that way anyway. It would still be cheaper

TylerV76

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
I’ve seen a few videos and it doesn’t look overly complicated which is why the price took me by surprise.
Its not hard at all.

This is the first vehicle Ive paid to have it done because I lost access to the lift Ive used in the past.

OP
OP
Tynewlon

Tynewlon

First Name
Tyler 🚺
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU 2.0 4Cyl
Its not hard at all.

This is the first vehicle Ive paid to have it done because I lost access to the lift Ive used in the past.
Makes sense. I don’t have the space nor the lift to do it on my own which is why I was looking around. I’m gonna call around and get a few quotes. Just drives me crazy since I already have all the parts.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

I would if I had the equipment jack/jack stands and such. Hell I may even consider buying the stuff and doing it that way anyway. It would still be cheaper
you'd be much better off doing that and then you own the tools you will need in the future. plus you have the assurance that the work was done correctly. instead of having some squeak/klink/rattle and the shop says "eh thats normal. its a jeep!" lol. you dont even need a BIG jack, though its better of course. on the cheap you could probably get everything you need from HF for about $100. the LCAs can be a bit of a pain because the bolts are SO tight from the factory and it helps to have someone rock the jeep to get the new ones in place.

Sponsored

TylerV76

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Makes sense. I don’t have the space nor the lift to do it on my own which is why I was looking around. I’m gonna call around and get a few quotes. Just drives me crazy since I already have all the parts.
Space isnt easy to get more of but you could definitely buy the tools for much less than $800.

If you look for someone else to do it, find a general mechanic. Like a mom and pop shop. Dont use a specialty shop. Bonus if they can also do the alignment.

OP
OP
Tynewlon

Tynewlon

First Name
Tyler 🚺
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU 2.0 4Cyl
you'd be much better off doing that and then you own the tools you will need in the future. plus you have the assurance that the work was done correctly. instead of having some squeak/klink/rattle and the shop says "eh thats normal. its a jeep!" lol. you dont even need a BIG jack, though its better of course. on the cheap you could probably get everything you need from HF for about $100. the LCAs can be a bit of a pain because the bolts are SO tight from the factory and it helps to have someone rock the jeep to get the new ones in place.
You make a good point! I may get a few more quotes but if they’re all around that much then I’ll definitely be doing it myself.

OP
OP
Tynewlon

Tynewlon

First Name
Tyler 🚺
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU 2.0 4Cyl
Space isnt easy to get more of but you could definitely buy the tools for much less than $800.

If you look for someone else to do it, find a general mechanic. Like a mom and pop shop. Dont use a specialty shop. Bonus if they can also do the alignment.
I just moved so I don’t know the area but I’m definitely going to look around!!

Jerrybizzle

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Tech
Find another member local and see if they will give you a hand. If you were close to me, I’d be willing to help. No idea where you are located but if you’re close I’m in.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe hit up a local Jeep club. May find someone local that would assist for a lot cheaper 👍🏻
Sponsored