Spacer/Level on an XR?

rmenley

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Was just curious is anyone has added a spacer to a jeep with an Xtreme Recon package? I know the shockers are longer with the 1.5 inch springs, but a little concerned about the geometry with the control arms/track bar being stock.

I have made it a habit to level every jeep I've had (lots of them) before going with an eventual lift. Never had any issues with a small spacer on the stock suspension, but with the extra lift the XR provides I don't want to throw anything out of whack. I'm a big fan of the ride quality with this stock suspension, but I've also owned CJ's YJ's and TJ's in the past so anything from the JK and up feels like a Cadillac to me :D.

Thanks for the feedback. No need for the "skip the spacer and do it right" comments. Looking for actual real-world experience lol.
Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Was just curious is anyone has added a spacer to a jeep with an Xtreme Recon package? I know the shockers are longer with the 1.5 inch springs, but a little concerned about the geometry with the control arms/track bar being stock.

I have made it a habit to level every jeep I've had (lots of them) before going with an eventual lift. Never had any issues with a small spacer on the stock suspension, but with the extra lift the XR provides I don't want to throw anything out of whack. I'm a big fan of the ride quality with this stock suspension, but I've also owned CJ's YJ's and TJ's in the past so anything from the JK and up feels like a Cadillac to me :D.

Thanks for the feedback. No need for the "skip the spacer and do it right" comments. Looking for actual real-world experience lol.
If you are just throwing a 3/4” or 1” spacer up front I wouldn’t worry about the track bar but would at minimum throw on the mopar lift front lower control arms to assist with caster.

OP
OP

rmenley

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
If you are just throwing a 3/4” or 1” spacer up front I wouldn’t worry about the track bar but would at minimum throw on the mopar lift front lower control arms to assist with caster.
Kind of what I was thinking.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Kind of what I was thinking.
I ordered my XR with plastic bumpers since I had a set of OEMs already, had about an inch of rake 🤷‍♂️. I believe the XRs with steel bumper pkg sit much more level from factory.

I like the ride so for now I put on a spacer lift to handle my 37s. I may as well went spring lift since I put on adjustable LCAs and adjustable track bars lol. Mine is a pavement princess anyway with little trail rides.
Sponsored