FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
So, what discount were you able to get on your new JLUR order?
2% and 2k over my (what should have been upside down) trade, basically breaking even with Koons, and Koons may not have given me what I needed for my trade. Like I said full respect for those guys, but this is a solid deal for me, its local, and I am gaining a relationship with my dealer.
Sponsored

OP
OP
FCrackerJLRubi

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Glad you got a good deal, I get the local dealer thing. I love Halls here at the beach but they flat told me 1% below is best they can do so I'm gonna do the Koons deal.
Yea ive bought 2 Jeeps from Hall (both 2000 TJs, one Sahara and one Sport). My wife and I tried to buy a 2017 Gobi Sport from them but got games, then I asked them about ordering a JL and they said $1000 non refundable (Western Branch Blvd dealer)....and they were honestly just dicks when they talk to us....so I went to Southern (big fail) Starr Motors (big trade in fail) and landed at Pomoco with Wes.

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
You wouldn't know of or expect a 5% off invoice if it wasn't for Craig. And here we have people 2-3 hours away trying to get local dealers to match the deal. Seems shitty, to me. Those of us who are 1200+ miles away, sure. Because we don't have anywhere near that option locally. But Hampton? Ffs, I moved to Ft Monroe and went to Kecoughtan High. Get in your car and drive to Koons. Have some respect for a dealer giving you a killer deal.
With all due respect, that's complete BS. Most people with a passing knowledge of auto sales (or really, sales in general) are aware that there are always high volume sales centers that move a LOT of product and do so in part by offering a significantly discounted product. Those sellers are totally aware that their pricing is going to be used by potential buyers to shop other sellers - and they don't really care. When I bought my Vette back in 99 local dealers here were like "we will give you MSRP and you'll be lucky to get one". Wrong. Just like with any other product, including Jeeps, there are high volume Vette dealers offering high discounts. I found one that met my desired discount level, custom ordered what I wanted and on Memorial Day weekend 99 they picked me up at the airport and took me to their dealership where my car was waiting on the center spot on the showroom floor. Signed some papers, got a walk through on the functions, and drove it out the double doors on my way back to Chicago. Reading through the threads here it's clear that *some* (but far from most) appear to have very little experience buying cars. Please don't chastise those of us that do as being "disrespectful". What is, IMO, disrespectful are the numerous posts people keep placing in what should be a thread dedicated to Koon's about other competing dealers and their offers. Either created a new dedicated thread or toss them into one of the appropriate "buying" threads.

TReed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I don't have Koons pricing yet but if my math is right my local dealer is exactly $700 higher before TTL.

I emailed almost 15 dealers within a 100 miles. Traded emails with less than 5 that were willing to deal.

Only thing preventing me from ordering today is both the wife and son want the Ocean Blue.

4DAPUPS

First Name
Kenzie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Corolla, Soon to be JL
2% and 2k over my (what should have been upside down) trade, basically breaking even with Koons, and Koons may not have given me what I needed for my trade. Like I said full respect for those guys, but this is a solid deal for me, its local, and I am gaining a relationship with my dealer.
@FCrackerJLRubi do you mind telling me who you dealt with at Pomoco? I am in VB and I am interested in ordering a 2 door JL to lease. I am pretty sure Hall or Southern won't come close to what you got a Pomoco so I would like to just start there.

Sponsored

OP
OP
FCrackerJLRubi

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Dont mind at all....but he better cut me some slack on my JL and quit trying to stiff me on my trade if im giving him business....LOL I dealt with Wes

(its not him stiffing on the trade, its the used car manager only offering blue book for a modified JK that they are going to turn and sell for $6k+ over blue book.)

4DAPUPS

First Name
Kenzie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So were you not able to get the $2K over on it?? I know I am about $500-$1000 under water with my trade in but seeing your post gave me hope they would at lease help me break even!

OP
OP
FCrackerJLRubi

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Nope they offered kbb of 13,500 and nada more. I was pissed, because I showed them where they had a damn unmodified 2 door 09 Sahara with similar mileage for $22k on their lot.

OP
OP
FCrackerJLRubi

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I know dealers need profit...but I'm not getting raped on a trade deal lol

4DAPUPS

First Name
Kenzie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's upsetting! I am assuming you would still recommend them over other dealers in the area though?

Sponsored

OP
OP
FCrackerJLRubi

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
For a new purchase I would, I enjoyed that whole process with Wes and his communication afterwards....but for used or trade i would not.

4DAPUPS

First Name
Kenzie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the insight! I think I will visit all of them and go from there now haha

Vawildjeep

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 2 1/2” stage 2 Icon lift 37” Nitto Ridge Grapplers on 20” Fuel Beasts.
Occupation
Business owner
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the insight! I think I will visit all of them and go from there now haha
No 18 Rubicon’s on the lot at Pomoco
Sponsored