Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Who was that? Have you tried Westgate Jeep in Raleigh? They gave me the best price a couple of years ago.
Sponsored

TReed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
3% was Empire in Wilkesboro. Lake Norman said allocation was closed. I don't think Westgate had the Customer First designation so I didn't email them. I may send another round of emails to the non Customer First dealers this weekend.

OP
OP
FCrackerJLRubi

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
The dealership I was trying to get to offer more over the TL discount was Pomoco of Hampton....they have the Customer First designation. I am not trying to advertise for them or anything but they have really been a sigh of releif over the other Jeep dealers in my area. I mean I had one tell me the desposit was $1000 non refundable, another told me they didnt know what a JL was, another was $500 non refundable. Add on the fact that ive owned Jeeps for a long time now, and dealt with pretty much all of them in one capactiy or another (hell I worked for one years back too) and it was just a relief. To me thats worth sticking up to my order, and not traveling 4 hours to Koons....add my trade in on top and I dont want to drive 4 hours just to get a shafted offer.

TReed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Im with you on the convenience of not driving to Koons. Im hoping the local dealer comes through or I can get the 3% dealer to 4%. I'd do that to save a trip.

iki4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 328i Sportline
Im with you on the convenience of not driving to Koons. Im hoping the local dealer comes through or I can get the 3% dealer to 4%. I'd do that to save a trip.
May work. My dealer agreed to 3.5% below invoice and they're about 20 minutes away from me, plus their doc fee is 1/4 the price.

Sponsored

sfadchi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Bright White JLUR
Occupation
Corporate Recruiter
Koons deal is hard to beat, plus they are honest and don't play games. That alone made my decision easier to go with them.

Jeepster2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Any dealer “may want” get some deals going, but it helps to find out first.

I’m going with Koons...like their up front approach.

I may have a dealer in my area (Hampton Roads VA, probably 3 hours South of Koons) who may want to get some deals going to try and counter Koons already fantastic deal. Details are not worked yet but once they are I will let everyone know. Im not trying to step on Koons, just letting the free market do its thing. Once I have details @JAY I will pass them to you and see if its something we can post on here.

Any members that may be interested in the area let me know....dealer in question is Southeast VA. I wont post details or dealer info publicly until I confirm with them the offer is legit, and @JAY gives me the green light to do so.

Probably 30 to 45 mins from the NC state line on 17
2.5 to 3 hours south of DC via 95/64

Let me go ahead and disclaimer this post....I am not affiliated with any groups, Jeep, the dealer in question, no kickbacks for me, all that crap....just a dude impatiently waiting for a JL to arrive trying to get the best deal possible.

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
It's also respectful to not try to get a dealer 3 hours away to give you the same deal you get at Koons by shoving it in their face. Koons even says that in their post, that people constantly take their offer and try to get local dealers to match them. Come on, I'm flying in from TX to buy from Koons. Have some respect for someone who treats Jeep owners well.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
It's also respectful to not try to get a dealer 3 hours away to give you the same deal you get at Koons by shoving it in their face. Koons even says that in their post, that people constantly take their offer and try to get local dealers to match them. Come on, I'm flying in from TX to buy from Koons. Have some respect for someone who treats Jeep owners well.
Not sure i understand your point. Craig says in his first post he knows we will shop his deal.

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
You wouldn't know of or expect a 5% off invoice if it wasn't for Craig. And here we have people 2-3 hours away trying to get local dealers to match the deal. Seems shitty, to me. Those of us who are 1200+ miles away, sure. Because we don't have anywhere near that option locally. But Hampton? Ffs, I moved to Ft Monroe and went to Kecoughtan High. Get in your car and drive to Koons. Have some respect for a dealer giving you a killer deal.

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
You wouldn't know of or expect a 5% off invoice if it wasn't for Craig. And here we have people 2-3 hours away trying to get local dealers to match the deal. Seems shitty, to me. Those of us who are 1200+ miles away, sure. Because we don't have anywhere near that option locally.
I totally disagree. There are very legitimate reasons for that. Could be financing, trade value, or just wanting to have a relationship with a local dealer for service going forward.

Or the fact the deposit is non-refundable.

I am glad Koons is an option. But i don't owe them a sale.

Most dealers can't match their deal because you need to be high volume enough to get factory incentives to make it work.

But it a local dealer will give me 3.5% off invoice and give me a good lease deal and a refundable deposit on my factory order i would be more comfortable with that deal.

I don't think that is shitty. And by the way neither does Craig based on the email exchange i had with him.

They have done the math and this works for them. It ain't community service.

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Makes sense. You're buying a commodity in the end and want the lowest price. I'm too empathetic. Terrible negotiator. Can I hire you to deal with my Jeep buy?

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Its not that we are being mercenary. If it was all about that bottom line price we would all end up at Koons and we might still. It is just that there are other factors.

I defend Koons a lot in the other thread because i appreciate what they are doing. People are complaining about their doc fees or calling them stupid because they won't do a deal for a CA resident. On their own thread. I think that is shitty. They are right up front about their deal and their service and no bullshit they deliver. I've seen it for a few years over at JeepGarage. It may not work for me. But I'm glad it's working for you and for others. And i have a plan in how it may work for me too. but i got to evaluate my options.

OP
OP
FCrackerJLRubi

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You wouldn't know of or expect a 5% off invoice if it wasn't for Craig. And here we have people 2-3 hours away trying to get local dealers to match the deal. Seems shitty, to me. Those of us who are 1200+ miles away, sure. Because we don't have anywhere near that option locally. But Hampton? Ffs, I moved to Ft Monroe and went to Kecoughtan High. Get in your car and drive to Koons. Have some respect for a dealer giving you a killer deal.
I have respect for Koons, thats why I didnt advertise the dealers name until I found out the deal was a bust. Even then I still have respect for Koons because my dealer was like "yea no sorry cant do it". I think your missing the point, I was pitting the free market against itself which even Craig acknowledged in his post. I would love to have a dealer like Koons in my immediate area, but I dont, and honestly my dealer has been nothing but great to me so im going to stick with it. I have nothing but love for Koons and Craig, but I also like to keep business local and I will use the free market to attempt to save some cash.

OP
OP
FCrackerJLRubi

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure i understand your point. Craig says in his first post he knows we will shop his deal.
Craig knows his deal is gold too, because not even dealers 3 hours away will touch it lol. Respect for Koons, but im going to keep my business local, I like my dealer, I like their service dept, and I like how they treat me....its worth something to me....but if you blame me for trying to get a better deal and help others that are closer.....frankly I really dont care.
Sponsored